Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Playstation 1 Games!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:57 pm 
You know,
Crash Bandicoot, Croc, Spider etc. etc.
anyone? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:18 pm 
The Fear Effect games were good, even if they did seem to have a few scenes of an adult nature in them for no good reason. I never really subscribed to the whole cutesy platformer thing like Croc, Spyro et al though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:16 pm 
i used to love nightmare creatures, even though it did scare me half to death haha and lemmings :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:03 pm 
DIgimon world!!
Monster Rancher
Gauntlet
Dino Crisis
Resident Evil

All the Final Fantasies

Ps1 was amaizing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:12 pm 
Khon wrote:
DIgimon world!!
Monster Rancher
Gauntlet
Dino Crisis
Resident Evil

All the Final Fantasies

Ps1 was amaizing.

Hello *cough* hehe.

Digimon world is horrible compared to the 3rd one (which is awesome if you over look the fighting graphics) and the DS ones really shine.

I've always had a lot of love for Fighting Force. It's Streets of rage in 3D, and while it's a bit clunky, the atmosphere is excellent and it's hard not to enjoy it.

Resident evil 2 is probably the best RE, so more PSX love there.

Tekken 3, best Tekken there was.. and then they made 4.. which killed it, then 5.. With a 1 hit killing, health restocking nightmare of a last boss..

Hard to pick out really good games on the PSX, most are decent, but none really go "This game is just too awesome for words"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:14 pm 
Donor

ohhh dude what about tenchu. that was cool

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:25 pm 
Tenchu!!!! Hahahaha

That game was so awful and yet so good. We have it on my old Playstation 1, and Alastair just loves occasionally putting it on to laugh at the crappy voice acting and the stupid guards...

"Ooh! Some rice just mysteriously dropped out of the sky... I sure am hungry....."

*Eats rice*

"Ooooh...ooo-ooooh! My stomach! Ooh that was bad rice!"

"Ooh! Some more rice has just dropped mysteriously out of the sky... I sure am hungry...."

etc

Endless fun!

As for other games - Tomb Raiders for me - yes I know, they turned a bit rubbish after the first one, but I like them if only for the attraction of taking out my frustration on the dis-proportioned bint by making her dive off cliffs.

And unfortunately, yes I did occasionally go in for the cutesy platformers :oops: well, they were easy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:28 pm 
Donor

Helios wrote:
dis-proportioned bint by making her dive off cliffs.

lots of love

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 pm 
Helios wrote:
Tenchu!!!! Hahahaha

That game was so awful and yet so good. We have it on my old Playstation 1, and Alastair just loves occasionally putting it on to laugh at the crappy voice acting and the stupid guards...

"Ooh! Some rice just mysteriously dropped out of the sky... I sure am hungry....."

*Eats rice*

"Ooooh...ooo-ooooh! My stomach! Ooh that was bad rice!"

"Ooh! Some more rice has just dropped mysteriously out of the sky... I sure am hungry...."

etc

Endless fun!

As for other games - Tomb Raiders for me - yes I know, they turned a bit rubbish after the first one, but I like them if only for the attraction of taking out my frustration on the dis-proportioned bint by making her dive off cliffs.

And unfortunately, yes I did occasionally go in for the cutesy platformers :oops: well, they were easy...

Tenchu was badass man! Such a shame that series went to Coventry too..

Tomb raiders were fun, but made so little sense.. the plot was "look boobs and Dinosaurs!"

Cutesy platformers are awesome. If you can still find it and dig that sort of thing track down Billy hatcher on the Gamecube, it's a cutesy (egg rolling) platformer that is insanely hard in places. Plus you can throw Sonic at people, that's pretty cool..

Don't forget the original GTAs either. When it was top down 2D and guns acted like you were playing Asteroids.. They were much faster and harder than the 3D ones, but get so little love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 pm 
ouch the qoute about F digimon was a bit painful XD

Who the Coventry is pokemon master?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
The game that made me buy a PS1 was Resident Evil, a true genre creating game.

Tomb Raider was good in its own way as a platform puzzler, the shooting never really did anything for me but sometimes when you completed one of the bigger puzzles it gave you that warm fuzzy feeling.

I dont really remember anything else from the PS1 days that I loved but I did used to be a tekken baddass beating my friends with one hand on the controller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:04 pm 
Harroguk wrote:
The game that made me buy a PS1 was Resident Evil, a true genre creating game..

The first survival horror game I am aware of is Sweet home on the NES, which resident evil is very very roughly based off, so I think you will find it is not genre creating.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/nes/sweethome/ has info if you care to read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:37 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_%28video_game%29

Wikipedia wrote:
Though more of an RPG, Sweet Home served as the inspiration for Resident Evil. Resident Evil borrowed many elements from Sweet Home including the mansion setting, the puzzles, and even the "door" loading screen. While considered by some to be the first survival horror game due to inspiring the Resident Evil series, this is untrue as there were games that could be considered survival horror released as far back as Haunted House on Atari 2600, years before Sweet Home was released.

In my personal opinion for a game to be "Horror" you have to at least at some point be scared whilst playing it. I think I can honestly say that RE was the first game to do this for me and I have been gaming since I had a VIC-20 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm 
RE was never as scary as DOOM was with it's pink demons or Duke Nukem with it's weird tentacle squid things..

I'm not saying RE was bad, but it went for b movie scares rather than a real deep horror. Silent hill to me is real horror and RE is some guy squirting tomatoe sauce around as you death match zombies ;)

Last edited by Dot Agumon on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:47 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Nah, doom and duke nuke were never scarey, you knew it was monsers, there was never any story or suspence. 2 things which RE deliverd on.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next