Change font size
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: d20 Modern / Fusion - THURSDAY Writeups
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:39 pm 
CPI Internal MEMO

Hey Beastie, its farmer.

the panther,overall, is performing great, definitely an improvement over the X-1. its not performed brilliantly in this cold weather though, smaller tasks such as gripping and breaking, or trying to traverse taller obstacles have troubled it this may just be the cold or me i don't really know but other than that we are still looking good, the claws are definitely performing well, if we could find some way of having them perform with a lighter touch thats brilliant, also we need to improve its ranged capabilities, some sort of light weaponry to start with? i don't really know i leave the technicalities to you, but heres the feed back you asked for, anyway if you can sweet talk Rupert into letting you see the 'evidence' you can see some of the damage this thing can do (oh and dont let him start going off on one about how his magic saved the day again, and also tell him i want my lighter back, i liked that one)

Farmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:49 pm 
Motor Mouth

OK, so I'm a bit behind on writeups, but I have finally done my X-Mas Files report! (Apologies for the off-site link, I'm too lazy to cross-post.)

The X-Mas Files

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
bigmaddrongo wrote:
OK, so I'm a bit behind on writeups, but I have finally done my X-Mas Files report! (Apologies for the off-site link, I'm too lazy to cross-post.)

The X-Mas Files

You know this is the second time you hve written this up? you posted before in this very thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:23 pm 
Motor Mouth

Harroguk wrote:
bigmaddrongo wrote:

The X-Mas Files

You know this is the second time you hve written this up? you posted before in this very thread.

No, no I don't know that. Wow. Work is really boring today then.

Dammit, I could have used that time to write up the most recent session instead!

*sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:46 pm 
Noise Maker

bigmaddrongo wrote:
Harroguk wrote:

No, no I don't know that. Wow. Work is really boring today then.

Dammit, I could have used that time to write up the most recent session instead!

*sigh*

Curious how you've used many of the same phrases here and there... At first glance I thought you'd just posted the same write up to your blog!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:14 pm 
Motor Mouth

I know I haven't written this one up yet!

Here is the writeup from the last session: http://alchemystudios.co.uk/diary/?p=37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:01 am 
Being horribly unoriginal, I've now bothered to set myself up a blog for character write-ups among other things. I've just put together a C.P.I file on the character David Sparks, a write up is to follow tomorrow.

Here is the blog post

Feel free to leave a comment there, the dialogue isn't exactly wonderful but it's something I'm trying to work on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Pte Coopers Accident Report.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:03 pm 
Motor Mouth

*ahem*

ROFL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:13 pm 
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:10 pm 
Definitely the best write-up so far! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm 
Out of Character:
Time for Sparks to collect his thoughts whilst he is in his hotel room I think. Sorry, this is going to be a really long post because I need to catch up from my previous write-up.

Um, Christ. What's the date? ...Er, ah! <papers rustle>

Date. 13th March 2009. I've decided to keep a Dictaphone record of all that's happening, reviewing these at a later date might offer me some insight into later cases, they may also be useful to use as case reports for Salmon.

It's been a couple of hectic days, understandable I guess. I'm not an investigator by any stretch of the imagination, I much prefer blending in with the crowd but now might be the time to start finding answers.

What I know so far is the following...

The dead police officers didn't die of natural causes as most official sources would have us believe. My quick assessment of one of the crime scenes suggested foul play, there appeared to be black scuff marks in places. Rupert think the use of magic may have something to do with it, this doesn't surprise me I doubt we would of been called in if it wasn't suspected that there was some supernatural involvement.

The barn. Now this barn is vaguely interesting now and not just because Ed lost his life there. Erica pleaded with us to go there but seemed unsure as to why. What struck me as odd about this was that Erica had arrived alone Where was Ed? I was sure she had left to check the Police archives with him. We tried to raise him on his radio with no luck, Erica still seemed quite urgent about going to the barn despite not knowing where Ed was. She seemed to be more worried about a barn than a team member, this is quite out of character for her and possibly suspicious. I couldn't really question her further about this as it was quickly decided we would head out and investigate the area.

What follows is I'd guess is my view of C.P.I's darkest hour.

The barn was quite conspicuous, it didn't really look like somewhere that we'd find evidence about the murders here but Erica was quite insistent that Ed had made a discovery. I agreed to join Erica and Cooper in entering the barn. Thinking back if Ed had really found something Erica and himself should of secured the perimeters, we probably shouldn't of been so cautious about entering. We opened the barn door and things went from bad to worse, I heard a dull thud as I began to turn to see what caused the sound Ericas' eyes and mine briefly met, there seemed to be something in them like a malice I'd never seen before.

What happened next is rather tough to remember, short term memory loss from whatever happened to me I'd guess. Scenes I can recall are; Cooper unleashing a torrent of bullets in to a giant monster covered in tentacles, myself attacking it with my blade and then things just go black. I suspect the beast attacked me and knocked me unconscious, though this is conjecture as no one else in C.P.I has spoken about it.

I woke to find myself in a great deal of pain with various tubes going in or coming out of me, nurses would have me believe I nearly died. Guess I'll have to thank whoever called the emergency services. Since waking up though something seems different, I can feel something in the air. My movements have become more deliberate and seem to have added gravitas, I think I'll keep this to myself for now though and see what becomes of it. It's probably just the after effects of head trauma, I'll get over it I'm sure.

Where was I? Oh yeah.

Next thing I can recall is Rupert ringing me, work never rests I guess. I answer, it would appear we were about to question Ed about the going ons at the barn. Boris seemed to imply that this would be impossible as Ed was dead, well that was certainly a subtle way of telling me a man had died. I lay there in shock for a good while, I heard voices from all the C.P.I members whirling around eventually Rupert asked me if I wanted to say anything to him. Unsure of what to say I replied "See you later"

Then whilst I was dozing off quietly and Rupert approached my bedside muttered something and made a few strange hand gestures and suddenly I felt filled with a warm feeling. I felt invigorated and ready to get back into action, this magic has its upsides I guess. I should note that the earlier feeling mentioned did not stop.

I was still somewhat dazed by the news of Eds death, Rupert mentioned something about a wake and that we had to leave. So I got up and walked away, Rupert called out to me that walking out in a hotel gown was not the wisest move and I should probably put the suit on, I agreed and did as I was told. I went to get my possessions back it appears the only thing that survived was my katana, which is by far and away the most valuable thing I carry on my person, it feels like an extension of who I am.

I'm not going to go in to much further detail. I kept myself to myself at the wake, large groups of people are not my thing. Rupert gleaned some information apparently and Boris was keeping an eye out from his vehicle for any suspicious activities, I've not had much input because well I'm no detective. I decided to go and explore the town and pick up some new clothes.

D. Sparks, out.

Out of Character:
TL;DR - Sparks suspects Erica is a traitor and some foreshadowing.

Last edited by Nich on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:14 pm 
Out of Character:
Nice writeup. :)

Just one minor correction:

Blitzkrieg wrote:
...Erica pleaded with us to go there [the barn] with the only reason being that Ed had "found something". What struck me as odd about this was that Erica had left Ed alone in a dangerous place...

Erica didn't actually say that Ed was there. When she turned up ordering everyone to the barn, she didn't know where Ed was, or why his radio was turned off. She seemed a bit confused about this, but actually just said she assumed him to still be in the police station archives room.
She made everyone go to the barn because she had apparently 'found something' and wanted it sealed off as a crime scene.

Not a lot of difference, as it still seems kind of suspicious, but it's important to get these things straight. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 pm 
Out of Character:
I'll make the corrections, I was having to recall things from a fair way back. Sorry. Sparks will still believe Erica is being a naughty girl. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:46 pm 
Motor Mouth

After a little more time spent talking at the police station I returned with Beasty and the others to the warehouse we’re working out of in this area. After some discussion we decided it might be prudent to get a hypnotist sent down in an effort to recover the suppressed memories that I witnessed in the mind of the desk sergeant. Erica and Ed were still at the station investigating the hard copies of all the case records.

After a time Erica returned to the warehouse insisting that we accompany her to a possible crime scene that she had discovered in order to secure it and search for clues. She led us out into the countryside to a large metal barn about 10 miles out of town. It wasn’t clear why we were actually here or what bearing this had on the case but Erica was very insistent and so we felt it pudent to follow up on any possible leads.

Once we arrived Cooper and Erica took the lead and made to enter the barn. As soon as Cooper placed his hand on the door handle he blacked out and slumped to the ground. Seeing this I made to follow more closely in case further assistance was required. During this time Beasty remained in the vehicle, Farmer was delivering our hypnotist to her hotel room while Sparks, Erica and Cooper were taking the lead in entering the barn. I was not aware of Ed’s location at this time.

As soon as we entered the barn we noticed that Ed was already present and had been secured as an obvious captive. He had been chained to a supporting girder and was held upside down. In one corner was a shadowy figure who I was unable to make out clearly and before I had a chance to make any further assessment a large biological entity of some type suddenly appeared at our end of the building. The beast was not like anything I have seen before. It was approximately spherical with a multitude of tentacles and was a gory red in colour. Several shots were fired and seemed to do little damage. I got the strange impression that the beast wasn’t entirely real but then I witnessed Sparks being overpowered and engulfed.

During this time Cooper had begun moving the large barrels located at the far end of the barn. Judging by their design and the smell in the room these were filled with some form of gasoline. Suddenly, having tipped the barrel over and rolled it towards the beast Cooper was firing at the barrel! At this point I left the room fearing that Cooper’s actions would have dire consequences. I kept an eye on the room from outside to ensure that I would be able to react to any potetntial problems.

After some time an electrical discharge that appeared to emanate from Ed himself ignited the fuel that was spreading across the floor and shortly after this the beast vanished in much the same way as it had appeared. By this point the fire was beginning to burn out of control and Erica nad Cooper were unable to loosen the restraints holding Ed in place. At some point Cooper had retrieved some sort of plastic explosive based bomb from one end of the barn and brought it down towards me. Concerned that the fire would cause a detonation of the bomb I opened the roller door and moved the bomb outside before closing the door again.

At this stage the fire was becoming increasingly dangerous so I evacuated and examined the explosive device. I noted the crude attempt at boobuy-trapping the bomb, and also that it had not been fully armed. We were fortunate that Cooper moving the bomb had not caused the secondary detonator to activate and I was able to disable the device entirely. By now the entire barn was on fire and Erica and Cooper had also evacuated, bringing the unconscious form of Sparks with them, but there was no sign of Ed.

The emergency services were called, along with Blanket and HQ being informed. The official story will be something to do with a foiled terrorist plot as far as I know. I’m certain full details will be given in our debriefing.

Out of Character:
The following day, the fire is still not entirely dampened and so Ed’s body has not been retrieved.

Erica and Sparks are still in hospital this morning. I need to understand why we were at the damned barn yesterday so I called Erica at the hospital but she was entirely unable to to explain her actions. With nothing to go on I decided to take the next logical step and ask the other person involved, Ed.

I gathered the team together, including Erica and Sparks on conference call and began meditating until I felt a connection through the hair sample I retrievd from Ed’s room. Suddenly I could hear Ed’s voice, I had penetrated the veil of death!

After several minutes questioning Ed couldn’t really understand how he had ended up at the barn but began talking about SETI and interference from a group working for some ancient demonin entity. I find it hard to be sceptical now that I have spoken to somebody who I know to be dead having witnessed their passing. This feeling of mastery over death is overwhelming and I feel like it must be possible to go further than mere communication. In my arcance studies I have found hinted rumours at a path of magic that can only be called necromancy, the death magic, power over the grave and mastery over death itself. This seems to me to be the ultimate use for magic, nothing I have discovered in shamanistic rituals, the order of theurgy, the divination of the enchanters or the wild energy of the warlocks can bring this same level of mastery over the ultimate ending. I must investigate further and I almost don’t dare to say it, but I think that I am destined to bring Ed back to us!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next