Change font size
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 8:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: D20 modern Laurence & Jack's game(game members and DM only)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:30 am 
back story for the players, all there characters are members of said group, they are investigators who work for it and there is a brief history of the paranormal politics of the last 11 years

During the rescission in 1990, in an effort to boost monetary funds, the home office privatised paranormal investigation; two groups were born of this privatisation, the F.L.P.P.D (Free Lance Paranormal Police Division) and the A.P.P (Anti Paranormal Protectorate). These two groups started the secret wars of the early 90s where there was competition from both parties trying to get large contracts and governmental backings in different countries, thus becoming multinational corporations, until 1997 where a deal was reached between the two corporations to merge into one big corporation to pool resources and contracts as well thus the paranormal protection conglomerate was born. Masquerading as big business the corporations started to dwindle under there own in fighting and the governments new found affluence, trying to cripple the corporations a mixture of this and a lack of large scale contracts, due to the fact there great power had caused a great resurgence in the number of paranormal anomalies, the companies began to liquidate and crumble under there own weight thus, by 2002, creating a world where paranormal anomalies are on the rise and a group with the right resources knowledge and money making streak can make a buck being a magnifying glass and a, ghost blasting, gun for hire.

S.P.I
the S.P.I was created in early 2003 by maxamillian firefly a military Entrepreneur, after making his millions in designing surface to air missiles, he bought the British head department of what was the P.P.C. The S.P.I ,as it is now known, is only crumbling a memory of the huge corporate armies of old, but they are still the only company that carries the methods techniques and beliefs of the old corporations, "it's only a small fee, for the secrets we keep"

Post subject: Re: D20 modern Laurence & Jack's game(game members and DM only)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:23 pm 
Noise Maker

Essential equipment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:07 pm 
Noise Maker

WoD conversions, as promised to the GMs.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:16 pm 
London dilatante Felicity Quentin-Smyth's Sunday Telegraph gossip column, the morning after the events at the restaurant opening...
Well, Bella Noche, ladies and gents! What a night we had in the sinking city of romance last night!
The brand new, stylish, scintillating 'Seek' restaurant opened in Venice, and every man and his poodle was there to grab a taste of their 'secret recipe' meatballs. The chef is a strapping giant of a man - my word! Doesn't have a lot to say though, oh no. Quietly confident, one might say. None of this running around screaming at the SPAM LINK staff. I tried to get in to grab a sneak peak at the meatball's in the making and a comment from The Man, but all I got was a shake of the head, and "No." Very chique darlings, just like the sumptuous, two level restaurant.

But onto the important stuff: Paris was seen staggering down the red carpet, along with Tara. The Beckhams were there, of course - or were they lookalikes? Who can tell these days?
But I have just one word for you peeps...

Margie!

Who is she? Where did she come from? No one knows, but there was a limo, and I just have to find out where she gets her leopard print mini skirts. I mean, she takes cheap retro to the line, and then crosses it darlings!
And those cats - what fashion conscious cat lover isn't going to want a diamante collar for their little furry bundles of joy now?
Those Italians are mad for her - people were falling over each other to get close! Zut Alors!

I hear that when the Cleese-a-like Maitre'd tried to fob her off with some rubbish tiny table behind a pillar, she totally flipped and got herself up on the balcony. Just what we need for this column, ladies and gents, a new crazy trendsetter on the continental restaurant scene!
It was apparently all too much for our favourite business giant William Tavington - there's a devil of a man if ever I saw one! Tables flipped in an unbelievable tantrum, so my mole on the restaurant floor says...

All in all, a fantastic night!

Though no actual food got served in the end - maybe our Head Chef is more of a perfectionist than we thought, eh peeps? Celebrity tantrums all round! Lovit!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 am 
Donor

Out of Character:
Muhahahahhahah Tavington is gonna get you!!

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:58 am 
Sebastian is a freaking ninja with plenty of c4 left. Tavington's going to get something...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 am 
Donor

Oh yeah... Because that was so successful last time! Plus he hates sebastian with a passion now ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 pm 
Donor

Just so you all know the game wont be on this week as the lovely Laurence is away.
Lucky for you guys you escaped the wrath of the new and improved Tavington :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:20 pm 
Donor

Hi guys, just to let you know kez and stu will also be playing :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:42 pm 
Welcome to the game. Our team has two cardinal rules that you should be aware of before you begin:
1 - Kick butt (chewing gum is optional).
2 - Get paid.

That is all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:58 pm 
Donor

Amen to that brother !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:15 pm 
Donor

Actually that reminds me. If anyone wants to request any items from the company or purchase anything new just drop me a pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:50 pm 
Welcome Kez and Stu! :D

I have now added you to the Group for this game, so you'll receive all the related PMs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:31 pm 
Young, upcoming screenplay writer B Day Temazepam submits her latest sample treatment to Jimmy Brickhauser, Hollywood's top producer...
Scene 36: Ext. Night. Venice street. People running and screaming as a recently exploded stretch limo burns by the sidewalk. Sebastian, Ben, Margie and Marla stand nearby - they are dishevelled and charcoal smudged, yet standing firm and resolute, slightly obscured by smoke and heat ripples from the fire. They glare grimly at Tavington, who stands next to the burning car, blackened and bleeding. Close up of Sebastian; he has Tavington's sword.

Sebastian: [Calmly, smiling] Nice sword...

[Close up of Tavington; he looks unsure for a moment, then grins, turns and runs away down the street. Cut back to the principles. Margie steps forward quickly, raising her gun and starts firing. More civilians scatter, screaming. Marla breaks off from the group and runs towards a moped.]

Marla: [Urgently] We can't let him get away again! [Mounts bike, rides off after Tavington.]

[Close up of Tavington running into a side alley, out of sight. Close up of Ben's jacket pocket. A mobile starts ringing inside it. He pulls it out, camera following his hand up to his face.]

Ben: [Super cool] Ratchett here.... [raises eyebrow] It's about damn time.... [something explodes behind him in slow motion. He turns to Sebastian] Boss is sending in re-inforcements. Chopper on its way.

Sebastian: [raises eyebrow] It's about damn time....

[Chopper arrives. Two figures descend quickly into the street on zip-lines. Illassa and Stu*. Illassa is a very, very petite woman with a compound bow slung across her back. Stu is a grim looking, pale man, seemingly unarmed.**
They stand for a moment and survey the scene. Cut back to Ben and Sebastian, hair and clothes ruffled dramatically as the chopper lands behind them.
]

Sebastian: [Staring after the two newcomers] Who the Coventry are they?

Ben: [still on phone] What?? No! You can't... the team's not....! [he hangs up, frustrated and turns to Sebastian.] They're pulling us out. Trouble in Texas. We've been ordered to get on the chopper.... [stares into the distance, anxiously]

Sebastian: [shrugs] They can handle it. [walks away to the chopper]

Ben: What?? No! Not you too!

Sebastian: [grabbing Ben by his jacket, impatiently] Oh come on... [begins to drag him off to the chopper]

[Cut to Margie running down the street. She enters the alley where Tavington ran. Marla, on moped, screeches after her, overtaking her. Cut back to Stu and Illassa, who look at each other with knowing glances. He runs to a nearby ladder in the background and starts to climb to the roof of a building, she remains in foreground, smiles broadly, suddenly opens a pair of fairy wings on her back, and begins floating upwards.
Cut back to Sebastian dragging a struggling Ben into the chopper.
]

Ben: [arm desperately reaching out] WE'RE NOT LEAVING THEM BEHIND!!!!!

[Chopper door slams shut.]

To be continued... after I've had some sleep.

*Sorry guys, we never actually established your names, so I'll have to add them in later! :oops:
** Yeah, we didn't get round to proper descriptions either - sorry!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:29 am 
I'm Illassa

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next