Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]

How do you rate this game (Only vote if you have played it)?
5/5 - Very Good 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
4/5 - Good 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
3/5 - Average 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
2/5 - Dissapointing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1/5 - Rubbish 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Agricola
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:21 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
This is a resource management game on a much smaller scale than you would normally expect, you start with a Farm with 2 people.

The game mechanic is much the same as Peurto Rico in that each turn you pick an action that your people will carry out. On the face of it this is a fairly simple game (although it will take a few goes to fully understand the badly written rule book) with the same options for strategy and messing things up for the other players that Peurto Rico offers.

What really ups the complexity of this game is the occupation and minor improvment cards. Each player gets 7 each of these cards at the start of the game these cards will benefit the player in many ways if only they get the chance to play them (by spending actions) The hardest thing as a player looking for strategy is to find the best synergy between these cards and often you will feel that all the other players have better cards than you (which isnt always the case)

A good game which I will play many many times and enjoy everytime.

Other opinions as always are welcome.

Post subject: Re: Agricola
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:19 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
I have added a poll to this post so that others that have played, that may not want to write a full review may voice their opinion.

Please only vote if you have played this game.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:17 pm 
Motor Mouth

I have just discovered Agricola Online. This supports 1-4 players and automates some of the processes but many actions require manual interaction (with reminders if you haven't done anything).

I've had a few minutes playing a solo game and it seems OK so far, but I have yet to see how it plays with muliple players though.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 am 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Over a year on and I am still playing this and loving it. Does anyone have the expansion "Farmers of the Moor" or have you played it?

Whats it like?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm 
Donor

League Champion (1)
I need Animeeples....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:16 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Played the expansion to this "Farmers of the Moor" which adds Fuel as another resource that you need in harvest time aswell as horses which are another animal you need to collect for points.

Initially I was concerned that with so little time to get things done in the original game there simply wouldnt be time to do EVERYTHING in the expanded game.

But, this has nicely been dealt with by introducing actions that you can do for free or buy (for food) off other people if they have used them this turn. So the number of actions available to you is subtley increased.

The introduction of Fuel is actually a welcome mechanic as it means that there is no an end game reason to collect wood (Can be converted to fuel at 1:1) rather than letting it fester and not be used.

When we played we went against the advice of the instructions and went straight into the most complex game possible (Interactive Deck with Advanced Cards) I would really recommend against doing this as the cards really are complex and with the introduction of all the new aspects it is simply too much.

Ultimatly I think this is a welcome addition to Agricola and would advise any owner who plays this occasionally to get ahold of it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]