Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: New year, new games
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm 
Motor Mouth

On my to-play list this year (and my aim this year is to play more board games, because I have so many unplayed):
  • Civilization (owned this for a year, still not played it)
  • Arkham Horror - Dunwich Horror expansion (the exapnsion remains shrink-wrapped, the main game has been played ,but needs to be played more!)
  • Eaten By Zombies (one of my Kickstarter projects that I funded last year - zombie-themed deck-building game that sees players becoming zombies and carrying on playing against the remaining survivors. Last man standing wins)
  • Revolution!
  • Katalyka (anothr Kickstarter, not yet printed)
  • Schlock Mercenary the board game (another Kickstarter, expected sometime in August)
  • Miskatonic School for Girls (another Kickstarter, not yet printed - more deck building)

All while fitting in more role playing and the new Blood Bowl season.

Post subject: New year, new games
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm 
Donor

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
I'd like to try eaten by zombies sometime. I've heard good things about it.

Post subject: Re: New year, new games
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:52 pm 
Motor Mouth

Played EBZ, Valdora (unplayed game, not previously listed) and Revolution over the weekend. EBZ was mildly underwhelming but I want to give it another couple of goes to try to figure out if it was a one-of, or if the game is just not as good as I hoped.

Valdora was remarkably good.

Revolution was fun to a point but I need to play it again a few more times to see if the run-away victory that Nicole had (and I mean run-away, she scored more than the other two players combined) was a given based on your first couple of decisions, or if different tactics can yield different results.

Still waiting on various unprinted games, although Miskatonic is apparently printed and coming on the boat from China to the US, and Super Showdown (another KS, not previously listed) is about to go to print, before going on the boat. Probably a different boat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:36 am 
Motor Mouth

bigmaddrongo wrote:
On my to-play list this year (and my aim this year is to play more board games, because I have so many unplayed):
  • Civilization (owned this for a year, still not played it)
  • Arkham Horror - Dunwich Horror expansion (the exapnsion remains shrink-wrapped, the main game has been played ,but needs to be played more!)
  • Eaten By Zombies (one of my Kickstarter projects that I funded last year - zombie-themed deck-building game that sees players becoming zombies and carrying on playing against the remaining survivors. Last man standing wins)
  • Revolution!
  • Katalyka (anothr Kickstarter, not yet printed)
  • Schlock Mercenary the board game (another Kickstarter, expected sometime in August)
  • Miskatonic School for Girls (another Kickstarter, not yet printed - more deck building)

Just found this, thought I'd go through and see how I've fared in my personal challenge so far.

Civ, still unplayed. D:

Arkham Horror we did get out once, but without the expansion and we didn't finish the game.

EBZ still hasn't made it back to the table yet, but would still like to give it another go.

Revolution has seen a few more plays and I think it is fairly balanced really.

Katalyka is yet to be printed, still. Turns out that giving money to random strangers on the internet might end up with you giving money to somebody who is borderline schizophrenic and will stop producing their board game because the sun has been telling them they're wasting their time. Don't hold out much hope of seeing this one.

Schlock finally arrived recently so I intend on going through the rules for that in the next few weeks and will have it at a coming club night.

Miskatonic School for Girls was printed and duly received and it proceeded to play itself on several occasions and is now in a pile of things I'm selling or otherwise getting rid of.

On the other hand, my aim to generally play more board games is more of a success with a big list of games I've managed to play this year, as well as making sure that I get in more plays of great strategy games like Agricola and Trains.

To add to the list above there is also Ground Floor (plus Skyline) a promising Kickstarter game that should be shipping shortly. And a KS-funded reprint of Bootleggers. Both will be on my to-play list once they arrive.

Last edited by bigmaddrongo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:47 pm 
Speech Writer

If your ever planning another arkham horror game I'd be up for a play :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]