Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Android: Netrunner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm 
Speech Writer

Just got a core set and had a couple of games last night.
Seems pretty good fun and a change from lotrlcg or W:I

Anyone else playing this or thinking about it?

Post subject: Re: Android: Netrunner
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 am 
I have the boardgame version of that. It's so long and complex, I haven't made it through a single full game yet. It's like scary space cluedo >:/

Haven't tried Netrunner though, would be interested!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am 
Donor

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
Yes Android is a mental big mess of a game - but quite fun. Perhaps a little too random for its 4hr run time though. Netrunner is supposed to be great but some of the terminology seems so opaque to me.

Plus, getting a 2 player game to the table is always hard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 am 
Speech Writer

We've played 6 games now playing 2 different corps and 2 different hackers using only pre built starter decks (i.e. all of one corp/hacker plus neutral cards).
It's been good fun and very engaging. We're both getting close to being confident enough to start to deck build so we can formulate more of a strategy although will prob play remaining corps/hackers first to learn about their cards. Terminology in this game is a little confusing to start with (I.e. HQ Is your hand, R&D is your draw pile if your corp. Stack is your draw pile, heap is discard if hacker (runner) etc.).

It feels a lot like playing Agricola in the sense that resource is very important and it doesn't matter if you are corp or hacker it always seems like the other side has an advantage over you. The hidden element also keeps the game exciting even near the end as there seems many ways to claw back a win. It does make you feel a bit sneaky though when you lay a trap for a poor unsuspecting runner....

Best £25 I've spent in a while but could see it being hard to get new players to the second game as there is a lot (for an lcg) to take own board. By the third game though it all just gels and is very thematic. Once you've got the basic flow its very rewarding.

Let me know if anyone wants a game sometime :)

P.s. I did look at the android board game as well as I used to be a bit of a cyberpunk nut when it was the rage. I think with those kind of playing times coupled to random play ill prob pass. Cheers for the heads up though.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]