Change font size



Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Meetup Group Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:25 am 
Donor

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1469
Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
Real Name: Stuart
An excellent suggestion, sir, but with two minor downfalls... Firstly, there are no local games shops anymore. Secondly, there are no local games shops anymore... Now I realise this is the same problem, but it was such a fundamental one, I thought it was worth me mentioning it twice.

In all seriousness Paul, the audience for the grown up games club buys all their stuff online now anyway. Games clubs that do exist (Northampton and Cov are closest I think) both rely on kids (magic, warhammerz etc) for their turnover.

The people we need are hidden on the interwebs!

In addition to the meetup, I gave re plugged us on boardgamegeek and am promoting to other local groups personally.


Top
 OnlineProfile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Meetup Group Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 am 
Vocal Minority

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 966
Location: chaventry
Link us into your little metal dog show review thingy then or do some guide videos on youtube for these prerelease games you keep getting, linking to us. or approach heresy/reaper minitures asking if they would promote the club on their websites pointing out the all the positive reviews on the forum, Better to be proactive with these things. And im sure 80% of purchases are done online but of the remaining 20% id guess that 10% are the sort of people who enjoy the interaction of a good old shopping experience, the sort of people that might actually travel to a club like ours.

_________________
NECROMUNDA CAMPAIGN COMING SOON!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Meetup Group Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 am 
Motor Mouth

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 am
Posts: 3871
Location: Kenilworth
Real Name: Beardy Pete
I'm not going to be so quick to attack the use of Meetup as we haven't really given it a chance to work. It has worked for other groups and it's raison d'être is to help groups find members and members find groups. Looking at the membership of the FnD meetup compared to what it was when I used to go, it is clearly working in some cases.

That's not to say that other options can't be pursued, nor that the only person to pursue them has to be Stuart. If you think flyers in shops is a good idea Paul then by all means run up some flyers with basic info on them and put them in shops. There are also sites like the UK Role Players that list clubs (I think we're on there but it might be slightly out of date information). Many game forums have sections for people to post info about their clubs. If you're a member of another forum that you think might have interested players then post about us. Lee is already drumming up interest for Season IX at TFF. I've posted our info at Cov Gamers (haven't followed it up for ages though as most of the players there are Cov-based and seem unwilling to travel, it was like talking to a brick wall).

Essentially, this club is all of ours and if we want to increase attendance then it's up to all of us. If we all brought one friend who is new to the club to one of the clubs before the end of the year that would be another 20+ potential regulars.

Paul, why not do a series of gaming-based pieces of artwork? Then while publicising those you can entice people to come and find us. I'm picturing space marines and meeples done in your signature style, I'm liking it.

_________________
This signature intentionally left blank.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net