Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Wanted: New moderator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:30 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Helios wrote:
No, your request for it to be moved back wasn't, and I did so with no quibble or fuss, and certainly didn't take that to heart.

However, you then came back with a completely irrelevant and unnecessary comment in your next post which I felt insinuated that the moderation on this forum is not good enough. While you may have intended it as a 'joke', I didn't take it that way, I was upset and hurt.
Ragnar The Destroyer wrote:
first of all its nice to see my agony aunt page back where it was intended, no apology for the mistake though but that's the way it is round here.

If I made you feel like that that wasn't what I intended, I have nothing to gain by personally attacking you. Equally its general Human practice in and out of a forum to apologise if you have made an error. I was disappointed myself that I didn't receive one. I willing to admit my reaction was probably not the best way to handle the situation, but following the rule system you have outlined below, I can only be left disappointed and offended with no method of making it known with out being banned.

Helios wrote:
On other occasions you have outright berated me for my moderation decisions and suggested that I am unfair. This has had me in a furious state as I was simply trying to do my job of upholding the rules without prejudice or bias.
No amount of claims that you were joking are going to mean that everyone magically reacts to you in the same way. Seriously, do you expect everyone else to change how they read into things and feel about situations just to accommodate your apparent lack of consideration for anyone's feelings?
Things can be read into everything people say on here, correctly or incorrectly, and therefore everyone needs to take care when posting.

Tbh I'm not sure when these times have occurred but again apologise If I have made you feel that way. In regards to the comments about my lack of consideration for anyone's feelings, I find this a personal attack and highly offensive, if you were not a moderator you would be instantly pulled up for this, but as you are one, I'm again left feeling insulted and berated on the forum.

Quote:
And to answer your question: yes, it states in the rules currently that arguing with moderation decisions is not allowed.

I was not fully aware that was the case but it needs at least some modification, is having an opinion not allowed either, in a lot of past cases I know of that reports have been give it would seem not.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:32 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
The problem is that everyone always has a "good" reason for posting the way they did. Reasons are irrelevant if they break the rules. Therefore opinion regarding moderation is not welcome.

If you get moderated put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

Posted from my phone. Please excuse my bad spelling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Harroguk wrote:
The problem is that everyone always has a "good" reason for posting the way they did. Reasons are irrelevant if they break the rules. Therefore opinion regarding moderation is not welcome.

If you get moderated put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

I think that's a disappointing way for it to be. Putting up and shutting up isn't putting on big boy pants its the opposite. I think ultimately everyone (including myself) needs to work on their people skills on this forum

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:44 pm 
Noise Maker

Withdrawn

Last edited by Altair-the-Vexed on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:45 pm 
Thank you for your apology, Ragnar.

Regarding the thread move, I was not aware at the time that I needed to apologise for anything - I made a decision, you requested that I reverse it, I reversed it. As far as I was concerned, no mistake was made, only unclear intent of a thread, that was then clarified.

Regarding your right to an opinion, the fact that you keep questioning this is deeply offensive to me, as it insinuates that I am in some way oppressing the members of this forum. That is not and never has been my intent, and I don't appreciate your insinuation that it is the case.

Regarding my comments, yes I have personally attacked you. I apologise for this, and if the moderators want to bring me up on it, they are very welcome to do so.
I needed to say it at the time, and I will accept the consequences of doing so.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:45 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Moderation is an independent person reading a complaint about your a post and then deciding whether the reporters complaint is justified.

Irrespective of the posters intent if a 3rd party agrees with the reporter then there is no room for discussion.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
I don't see the moving of your post as moderation, more a forum housekeeping. Your content was not changed, someone just felt that you had mistakenly placed it in the wrong forum and then, when it became you hadn't, undid their change.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:49 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Helios wrote:
Regarding your right to an opinion, the fact that you keep questioning this is deeply offensive to me, as it insinuates that I am in some way oppressing the members of this forum. That is not and never has been my intent, and I don't appreciate your insinuation that it is the case.

That was directed at the forum rules system that you as a moderator have to follow, I see it as a flaw in the system not you on a personal level. It wasn't intended to be directed at you personally.
I do how ever feel that the board supresses opinion.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:53 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Harroguk wrote:
I don't see the moving of your post as moderation, more a forum housekeeping. Your content was not changed, someone just felt that you had mistakenly placed it in the wrong forum and then, when it became you hadn't, undid their change.

Which is fair enough, equally I would of expected some kind of pm saying at least. "sorry I've moved it back, it wasn't clear in the original post that it wasn't just bloodbowl"

I feel that's common courtesy in or out of a forum.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:59 pm 
Helios wrote:

That was directed at the forum rules system that you as a moderator have to follow, I see it as a flaw in the system not you on a personal level. It wasn't intended to be directed at you personally.

Ok, now that you say that I can see it. However at the time it wasn't clear, it was just coming across as someone getting annoyed with me, and that is what I reacted to inwardly.

This is a good example of people needing to be clearer and more careful about how they word things.

Ragnar the Destroyer wrote:
I do how ever feel that the board supresses opinion.

And I do not agree.
The problem has been that people are expressing those opinions in a way that upsets others, and that is not allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:03 pm 
Harroguk wrote:

Which is fair enough, equally I would of expected some kind of pm saying at least. "sorry I've moved it back, it wasn't clear in the original post that it wasn't just bloodbowl"

I feel that's common courtesy in or out of a forum.

Yes, maybe I should have PMed you, my bad. But the thing is, I have spent the last couple of years not really wanting to PM you because of our other disagreements!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:48 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Helios wrote:
Helios wrote:

Ok, now that you say that I can see it. However at the time it wasn't clear, it was just coming across as someone getting annoyed with me, and that is what I reacted to inwardly.

This is a good example of people needing to be clearer and more careful about how they word things.

I completely agree but it also shows that people shouldn't assume it is a personal attack on them.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Helios wrote:
Yes, maybe I should have PMed you, my bad. But the thing is, I have spent the last couple of years not really wanting to PM you because of our other disagreements!

I'm sorry you feel that way also, you suggest we have some crazy relationship which I certainly don't feel we do. I think its clear you don't know me very well and have formed an opinion on base value. Probably because I am very out spoken and straight up which I completely realise some people struggle to get on with. I have had very heated discussions with people on here numerous times but just because I may not agree with people or speak out against an individuals opinion doesn't mean that I am incapable of moving on and I totally realise that friendship and comradeship surpass any of that. I don't dwell on past disagreements in fact I have a lot of respect for those who voice what they think and discuss it accordingly. In all honestly I normal refer to it in a joking way even laughing at myself in the situation, if you can't laugh at yourself then you have a very limited sense of humour.

I hope this clears up any idea of ill feeling that clearly exists between us. As my intention is to get on with all and exchange ideas and opinions with like minded people that enjoy things that I also enjoy.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:41 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
You said Lee was a werewolf, we (the mods) strongly disagree withyour view point and have been banned for 72 hours .... until after the vote :shock: :lots of love:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:41 pm 
Helios wrote:

... you suggest we have some crazy relationship which I certainly don't feel we do.

Erm, no. All I meant is I have become a bit wary of communicating with you in a moderation capacity whenever the situation arises. I don't dwell on it on a daily basis.
I've just been annoyed again in the last couple of days, and now here it has got blown a bit out of proportion.

Anyway.

Now that we've all had a chance to vent certain things, I will not come back to this thread again. I will finish off by saying that while I do still plan to step down as moderator, I will continue as normal until Harroguk has been able to properly start his new regime.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2