It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: New Meetup Group!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 am 
Donor

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
Hi Everyone!

You know how your club is always looking to make things better for you? Well, now we need a little something back.

Can you please all go and sign up for Meetup and join our group. http://www.meetup.com/DaventryVaulters/

I would like us to use this going forwards to announce that you will be attending the club on a weekly basis and arrange games for each weekly games session.

To start with this will be new and scary, but the benefits are important for the continued success and growth of the club and the Bloodbowl League.

I am paying a subscription to set this up as a marketing tool for The Daventry Vaulters. This group is searchable on a global scale and - following on from success witnessed at the Coventry Gaming Group, I want to make us aware to more people and prospective members.

Meetup groups also hit quite high on Google, so anyone local (or local-ish) gamers ooking for gaming will find us. Since the shop closed, we have not had any pro-active marketing besides my work with other local groups and word of mouth (predominantly on the Bloodbowl front) so as players go through natural wastage, we need new ways to bring people to the club.

More people means more Bloodbowlers, Warmachiners, Board Gamers and Roleplayers!

Meetup doesn't cost you anything. You need to make a profile and answer a few questions.

On a weekly basis, you can say whether you are attending or not (so we have an idea on numbers) and takes just a few seconds to click 'attending' and say what you're doing.

Meetup will send you e-mails reminding you about stuff related to the and telling you about posts - but you have free reign to switch these off if you like.

This will NOT replace these forums - which are better for discussion, arguments and trash talk - but purely for setting up games and attendance for the club nights.

I thank everyone in advance for signing up and using this new system - I'm sure there will be a few teething troubles, but this is important. Help your club and sign up today.

Thanks,

Stuart
Daventry Vaulters Chairman

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]