Change font size
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hello all.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 pm 
Hi all,

Many of you may remember me from the BBL a few years back when the store was still open (I had an ogre team which always lost but still had some hilarious plays).

Anyway, since I ditched Facebook a while back I figured I'd come over here and see how you're all getting on.... and hopefully get back in on some Blood Bowl or other action. If there's any league openings coming up give me a shout.

I tend to paint way more than I play, and my armies sometimes get sidelined if I get a nice new model kit, but I've got a variety of minis for a range of systems - I wouldn't mind running a world of darkness campaign too if anyone fancies it.

Anyway, that's me, so feel free to say hi / ignore / report me to the police.

This text is white.

Post subject: Re: Hello all.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:40 pm 
Motor Mouth

WB Karl.

Would be interested in WoD if there's enough others who want in. I've played some VtM and we used some of the D20WoD rules in a modern mash-up game that we played a couple of years back. I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm 
Donor

Hi,
I might be interested in WoD, i played virtually everything up til the re-launch. Played alot of Vampire (Masquerade & Dark Ages) Werewolf (Apocalypse, Dark Ages & a Pentex First Team Game), Mage & Wraith.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:08 pm 
Coventry yeah WoD! Doubt I'll be able to commit to play unless it's oneshot stuff or not-weekly, but I love me some White Wolf goodness :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:11 pm 
It woul;d likely be just pure WoD, maybe working in a few Changeling aspects here and there. as much as I love Vampire and Werewolf, I have an idea for a campaign involving a bunch of paranormal investigators, set in and around Rugby and it's environs (or at least a WoD alternate Rugby) - It would be a mostly social, story/character driven game with some fiendish puzzles thrown in.

Also one-off games are definitely doable as well - I work as a teacher so I'm usually busy during term time but have lots of time to spare during the holidays.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 pm 
Hi

I know there is a plenty of bloodbowl going on, trying to get stuck into that myself too :D

I think its a bit tricky getting any RPG stuff off the ground at the momment with the current groups set in play, but im up for running and playing stuff and im sure after a trip down to the club it gets easier...

Look forward to seeing you :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm 
Donor

Wod sounds awesome! I'm game!

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:21 pm 
Donor

ThomasHarris56 wrote:
Hi

I know there is a plenty of bloodbowl going on, trying to get stuck into that myself too :D

I think its a bit tricky getting any RPG stuff off the ground at the momment with the current groups set in play, but im up for running and playing stuff and im sure after a trip down to the club it gets easier...

Look forward to seeing you :)

I'm not currently in a RPG group but haven't had any grab me. I don't play fantasy RPG's at all, Deadlands, WoD, All Flesh Must be Eaten, Call of Cthulhu & Iron Kingdoms etc are all games I'd be more than willing to play. The WoD game being suggested here sounds excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:36 pm 
The format lends itself well to a fluid group too - in the same way that you don't always have a full group of friends when you head to the pub or wherever, people should be free to dip in and out of the ghost-hunting fun without worrying about knowing all of the events which have transpired in intricate detail. I have an idea for an overarching storyline (or rather story "concept" is probably the best way to describe it). I'll try and get something typed up and ready to go.

Due to the nature of the story, I'm happy to have people generate their own characters using the information in the WoD rulebook (I'll be going on the 2004 edition), or if you have an idea of how you want your character to be I can knock up some character sheets for your perusal.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm 
Donor

I have no idea about classes in wod. Is it d20?

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm 
It's not D20, and there are no "classes" as such. Don't worry overly about the mechanics, just give me an overview of the type of character you want to play - are you good with tech? do you have a high level of knowledge? Maybe you're particularly determined and hard to crack under questioning? Perhaps you turn on the charm and are able to convince people to see things your way? Do you solve problems with your fists? do you have a sixth sense? Can you talk to animals? Are you asthmatic? Smoker? Meth head? Maybe you read a few books about witchcraft and can cast some (minor) spells?

See what I mean? Endless possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm 
I made a character sheet for Rayner (Ragnar The Destroyer as he's known on here). He had very high strength, and also an intimidating presence. He was skilled in physical combat (especially grappling), but also had skill in sculpting and minor politicking. he was also good at intimidation and had an iron stomach - he could eat anything. The flip side of this was that he had the "Narcissism" character flaw which hampered his teamwork efforts if his pride got the better of him. It was a charicature of the real person.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
Hi Karl,

I certainly remember your ogre team.

I seemed to recall you blitzed an orc with a snotling, three dice uphill and pushed the orc into the crowd :lots of love: :lots of love:

Welcome back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:28 pm 
Hahaha yes I remember that too! I'm off work for half term so if anyone fancies an impromptu BB game, let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
I don't know who you are. But i assume your ultimate fear is "the board"

BlackPowder - French

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next