Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 13   [ 189 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tales from Gaultria - D&D story and discussion thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:53 pm 
Donor

Nathaniel Whispers in response
Bah! He may be useful to us for combat but my dear Eleanor that is all. He is a crude simpleton with no other skills or finesse aside form hitting stuff hard. One things for certain I wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him. And I also hope the good lady Finlandia doesnt fall for his pathetic attempts to woo her

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:06 pm 
Fel said
You people are funny! Everyone knows that heroes have to fight their way through castles to capture the evil wizards. "Baron" is a strange name for a wizard though - even an evil one.

Who are Goblin and Lackey, and why do we have to kill them?

Last edited by Daremonai on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:10 pm 
Eleanor continues to not make eye contact with Fel
She's saying weird stuff again, are we sure we want her tagging along?

Anyway - enough of this. We have a castle to penetrate!

Unless anyone has any other gems of wisdom to add to this plan, I suggest we go?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:47 pm 
Motor Mouth

Out of Character:
I really didn't hear that, so you're OK for now. Seriously. I rolled a 3 on my Listen check. Yes. I made the check.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 pm 
Noise Maker

Boris the Squire wrote:
Sir..? Oh yeh, an' er...madam and lady and fellahs an' all... What do you want to do wiv me? I means, if I come in the front door wiv your Sir, then I'm going to be recognised. And if I go in the dungeon way... well, I'm quite happy fightin' goblins and their ilk - nasty creatures, if you ask me - but I'm not so happy about fighting the guards in the rest of the castle, them being of my own people and some of them decent and just doing their jobs, see. Like I was.
Of course, you're my master now and I'll do as you bid, Sir. But just what do you bid?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:05 am 
Donor

Whilst riding towards the town with great haste, Nathaniel thinks to himself
Bloody fools.....If only they listend to my damn plan we wouldnt be fleeing with our tails between our legs. If the good lady Finlandia s still willing I am going to follow my original plan weather the others like it or not!! Clearly this isnt a time for brashness

Nathaniel winces in pain with every gallop his horse makes, he is clearly in very bad health

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 pm 
In the mind of Felmani Rakash - don't mind the Owlturtle, it's always hanging around here
I am not sure why Hero did not march up to Evil Wizard Baron's tower, but instead we approached the rear entrance, where there be Goblins - is Goblins a Swamp Monster that serves Evil Wizard Baron?

Evil WIzard Baron's tower does not look like a tower; it looks like a keep. I do not think that Evil Wizard Baron is very good at being an Evil Wizard. Goblins was not in the swamp or near the KeepTower - perhaps it was sleeping or Carrying Out Nefarious Deeds somewhere. When we arrived at the rear entrance, we creeped inside where it was empty. I think that perhaps Hero is trying to be an Guileful Hero (as in Puraba and the Tower) but I am certain that he is an Valiant Hero - he is wearing full armour and has a horse. I think that Riedda would like an Valiant Hero best - I do not would like to do this wrong.

The guide from the village stopped before we went inside, but he is not an Hero, so that is ok. He said that he did not would like to see Goblins - Goblins must be a very Fierce Monster Indeed.

Hero and Big Haarap went in first - I think that Big Haarap is Hero's Companion (as in Trials of Gilganem) - followed by Squireboris, Angry Woman, I, and Elf Woman. We did not enter very far before we entered a room with doors but no walls. I did would like to asked why there were doors when the walls were not there, but then the floor opened like another door. I did not would like to gone through the Floor Door, but Angry Woman did, and then changed her mind and came back. From behind the Wall that Was Not There, some little people who were made badly jumped out and tried to stab us. I did would like to said Hello, but I do not know their language so I hit them with my spikes instead.

Angry Woman has a chain that is like my chains only it is bigger, and she used it on the Little Stabby People to Strike Them About the Face and Neck. Hero leaped across the Floor Door to Valiantly Rescue us, but he missed and went through the Floor Door instead. Big Haarap tried to do the same, but he missed the Floor Door and landed on the other side. The Little Stabby People were still trying to stab us, and SquireBoris was stabbed a lot and lay down on the floor for a while. We fighted them a lot, until they had been Valiantly Defeated, except for the ones that ran away. Angry Woman chased them, but they opened the door in the Wall that Was There, and on the other side were a lot of Big Little Stabby People.

I did would like to Strike Them About the Face and Neck also, but instead we Retreated in the Face of Unbeatable Odds. I did shoot one of the Big Little Stabby People as we retreated, but I am not an Hero and so the Big Little Stabby Man was not Heroically Slain.

Squireboris was still laying down and not retreating with us, but Hero picked him up and Valiantly Rescued him. Hero had been stabbed a lot by the Little Stabby People, so I gave him an Potion of Flesh Repair. I am helpful, but I do not know when we can go back. I think that Hero needs to Defeat the Evil Wizard Baron first, even though Evil Wizard Baron is not very good at being an Evil Wizard because he does not have a real tower. Perhaps I will meet another Hero and bring back two Heroes. I do not think that Riedda will be upset if I bring back too many Heroes because she gave me a lot of pictures of Heroes and sometimes there is more than one Hero in the picture.

OOC: Writing from skewed mental perspectives is fun.

To DM: My writeups will likely reference a lot of myths/legends/stories from Fel's journals, but never in a way that will actually require/allow someone to know what the legend is about, so I'm just making names up as I go along. If this in some way conflicts with what you have planned/annoys you, let me know and I'll stop.

Last edited by Daremonai on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:08 pm 
Out of Character:
Finlandia musing to herself....

Sigh!! What where they thinking? There is acting with a sense of urgency and there is a foolish knee jerk reaction to a chain of events....

....and with no preparation time, no proper plan of action and no creativity we end up in a hornets nest!! We need a strong charismatic leader....and I do not see that we have one right now. Maybe just maybe we will get lucky and find one. Entering the rear passage as if it would not be guarded!! Fools!!

Given time and planning we could maybe have had a two pronged attack but I fear we are too late for that. It will have to be trickery now....as we are not strong enough to conduct a full attack on this supposed Baron or Wizards Keep.....I think more trickery is needed to entice him to an encounter of on our footing. But not before we have time to rest and recover as well as ponder a suitable choice of spells.

Hmmmmmnnnnnnn..............

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:46 pm 
OOC: Nobby, the castle is owned by a Baron who is, as far as we know, not a spellcaster of any kind. Fel has just assumed that it's an evil wizard's tower, because storming evil wizards' towers is what Heroes do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:20 am 
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo...........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:00 pm 
Ahem....erm...it would appear that I missed something!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:46 pm 
Someone else do a write-up for our missing players... for me the.... the grief is still... still too near... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:04 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
The stand in players dont know enough to do writeups which means Beardy has to do it...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:33 pm 
Motor Mouth

Sefu wrote:
Ouch, my arm hurts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 am 
Donor

Oh guys :( what happened :(