Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 13   [ 189 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tales from Gaultria - D&D story and discussion thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:16 am 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Nathaniel has found his calling in life, he must found a Church of Dio in this land full of heretics.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:03 am 
Noise Maker

Boris's diary
Went back to the back door dungeon wi' Sir Nate an' his cronies, which is good cos I never liked goblings. I had a Clever Idea to bring some planks to stick over the pit. The goblings had changed stuff so that the trap seemed to be in a diffrent place, but we figured it out and smacked up all the goblings in the first room.
Then Finlandia and that gnome fella were all "We've run out of magic," and wanted to leave, but Sir Nathaniel and Sefu and that maniac Eleanor and the weirdo woman were all like "No, they'll get all prepared again and stuff," so we carried on looking around. There was a sewer that the half-orc looked at. Sir Nate is getting really impatient with Sefu, but I'll explain more of that when I get to it.
Anyway, then they all got ready to bust open the big door on the right, and a massive bugbear jumped out and chopped Sefu down with an 'alberd. Like hit him and he fell right down and his arm was nearly pointing the wronmg way an' everything. Anyway, the gnome fella and the weirdo little woman dragged him out and patched him up while Sir Nate just got in there and battered on the bugbear. Awesome. Eleanor was hitting him with her chain, and then it exploded - her chain, see - cos there was a little magic gobling in the room behind them. Everyone shot arrows and hit the goblings and then they were dead, an' there was loads of treasure, but it was mostly copper. Sir Nathaniel broke an ugly gold gobling god statue, an' we scooped up all the money and put it on the horses. Then Sefu said he had to go on and hit more goblings and Sir Nate was all "No, we are going to go an' build a church with this money." I turned around an' said "No, that's stupid, it can wait, we need to help Sefu," and Sir Nate turned round an' said "No, Sefu has to learn a Lesson." But when Sefu and the others went further into the dungeon, we helped anyway, an' we found a little room with a hobgobling an' Sarjunt Jack in it, an' chopped up the hobgobling and made Sarge surrender. But Sir Nate was all shouting "Yield!" an' I think we may have more company from the other goblings soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:51 am 
Noise Maker

The following notice is pinned to the door of the Knotwood Inn in Nocciarbo.
The Nocciarbo News wrote:
THE NOCCIARBO NEWS
Teusday 7th Litha, 4th New Vemashid of Shekel Hamaut
1st New Moon of Siyebhuar (elven), Deusday 2nd Pentember (Dionist)

The Battle of Nocciarbo
The Ayrship Refugees and Local Rangers fought off an Dozen of the Baron's Men and the Reeve Amandala, who came to threaten the Free Folk of proud Nocciarbo with burninge.
The Ayrship folk were lately returned from their expotition to the Castle of Baron Onnaker, where they reportedly foughte with Goblinry.

At around five hours after sunrise, warnige came from the Rangers of the Watch that a party approached. Which party included Reeve Horatio Amandala of Castle Onnaker, who made demands of Foreman Puccilone (45), saying that "The Towne of Nocciarbo shall be burnt to the ground, an it doth not give up the Brigandes who have assailed the Baron and his allies and the captive knight, Fitzarlo." Interviewed after the Battle, Foreman Puccilone sayd he "Rejected the foul terms forthwith."

The giant Sefu (15) cut downe several of the Reeve's guard. Brave Sir Nathaniel (24) charged the Baron's men and set his lance to them. Fair Lady Finlandia (112) caused a sleeping fit to overcome the Guards, and set the Reeve alight with her arts, and he died most ironical. Various Rangers under the direction of the Refugee Jon (59) repelled the invaders with arrows. A woman from the Ayrship put the injured antagonists to death. Two of the Reeve's guard were captured and held for later ransome.

Constant Vigilance
After resting, Sir Nathaniel and Lady Finlandia assembled and took counsel. Smith Ianson (33) furnished the Ayrship Refugees with weapons. Brother Gedralnd (59) tended to the wounded.
Foreman Puccilone sayd "The Troubles continyew and vigilance is required of all. A Serge of Prow-active Action is underway, and our brave defenders will not shirk. We will rest under the Yoke of Tyranny no more."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:10 pm 
Out of Character:
Hehehehe... :D
Is it Eleanor's low charisma and general scariness that makes her still 'some woman from the airship' where everyone else gets named and aged by the local press? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:40 am 
Noise Maker

Out of Character:
Typical shoddy journalism.
You'll notice the ages aren't consistant and that the Foreman has been allowed to embelish his role somewhat...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 pm 
Out of Character:
I thought the journalism quite good actually.....I quote....."Fair Lady Finlandia..." :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am 
Noise Maker

Sergeant Henry's Situation Report to Captain of the Watch
8th watch after noon. Twilight. Visibility lacking - torchlit. Active Alert.

Several persons unknown scaled the north wall of the Castle, adjacent to its West Tower. The log shows that Pvts Kevin and Bob were concerned about noises, and investigated, but they're dead now and cannot confirm.
Alarm whistle was blown by Pvt Henry on the North Wall after arrows were fired by intruders already within the Castle Walls.
All towers responded and set Alert throughout the Castle. South West tower dispatched Pvts Mould and D'Angelino on my orders. Roused the rest watch.
Appears North West tower is taken, intruders are inside the courtyard.
At least one Spellcaster, several bowmen.

Intruders are suspected to be the Brigands of Nocciarbo (those who according to the Srg Jock Hablone and Pvt Boris Fitzargent, are responsible for the incursion into the goblin tunnel and loss of the Tribe of Atzhog).
Note that Reeve's embassy to Nocciarbo has not returned as scheduled.

Await your orders.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am 
Motor Mouth

Sefu's brain
'dis is stoopid. we're inside the castle now, why we wasting time killing all these boys, dey're just doin' a job. its da baron we needs to see...

hmm...

i reckon, yeah, i reckon right, i reckon he lives in that bit in the middle. i reckon i can get on that other tower and get in through a window or sumfin' it ain't a big jump really.

i needs that rope what nathaniel's got and his hook and if it goes wrong i've got me magic and me halberd and i'll have to keep hitting dem boys down dere but if it goes right i can talk to da baron in his tower and tell him wot we done and tell him we ain't gonna stop til he surrenders.

an' if he don't then i kill him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 am 
Motor Mouth

PS:
Out of Character:
From Sefu's vantage point, what is the approximate distance from the party's tower to the tower at the keep? Is the tower taller, shorter or the same height as the party's tower? And are there any obvious windows on the keep tower? Failing that, are there any reasonably sized windows in the keep in general?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 pm 
Noise Maker

The north-east tower of the keep is about 10 feet taller than the tower that you are on. It's about 30 feet away. It has a tall pointy roof, which goes up another 20 feet.
Windows are about 1 foot wide: 10 feet tall and narrow, leaded stained glass, two on each wall, about twenty feet above ground level.

There is a south-east tower to the keep, which is only 60 feet tall in all, with a flat battlement rooftop - but the towers on the wall adjacent are still occupied and are lower than the 50 feet tall tower you are currently on (being only about 40 feet tall.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:25 pm 
Motor Mouth

Out of Character:
Hmm, so it's 54' from the top of the wall around the top of the current tower, to the point of the roof of the NE tower (and I thought I'd never need to Pythagoras outside of maths exams). Once that space has been cleared I need to find another way into the tower since I don't think Sefu can make it through a 1' wide window...

I suppose theoretically it should be fairly easy to prise back tiles from the roof of the tower (I'm assuming it is tiled - not sure why!) until the joists are exposed and then clamber in through the space I've just made.

You didn't mention any windows on the walls of the keep itself. Is this because I can't see any?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm 
Noise Maker

bigmaddrongo wrote:
Out of Character:
Hmm, so it's 54' from the top of the wall around the top of the current tower, to the point of the roof of the NE tower (and I thought I'd never need to Pythagoras outside of maths exams). Once that space has been cleared I need to find another way into the tower since I don't think Sefu can make it through a 1' wide window...

I suppose theoretically it should be fairly easy to prise back tiles from the roof of the tower (I'm assuming it is tiled - not sure why!) until the joists are exposed and then clamber in through the space I've just made.

You didn't mention any windows on the walls of the keep itself. Is this because I can't see any?
  1. I said "around 30 ft". I'm guessing from memory, as the castle isn't built in front of me, and I have two separate maps for the keep and the walls - so your "54 feet" can only be an estimate.
  2. The roof is indeed tiled. I'll figure out some rules for that after I've spoken to my roofing contact.
  3. You can't see any, there's a tower in the way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:28 pm 
Donor

Out of Character:
Time to smash some tiles then! The cant be axe proof! surely? :?

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 am 
Donor

Out of Character:
I have just seen that Sefu has died, come on guys write up the story there are some lurkers here who want to see how Sefu met his end? My monies on hitting the side of the keep and sliding down to his death. :D I am actually sorry about Sefu's death as it was a brilliant character and portrayed very well IMO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 am 
Out of Character:
The problem is, as he went off on his own while we were fighting more of the castle guard downstairs, no one actually knows, in-character, where he is or what happened to him...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 13   [ 189 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next