Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Nicks' Gaultria Adventure: Loot 'n' pillage!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am 
So our mighty heroes have slain the evil knight Gresh and thus leaving his army of undead in a helpless state, it's time to do what heroes do best! Feel free to mention what you are looking for and what you are searching and I'll post the necessary details. Who knows you might even stumble on some plot. :3

Post subject: Re: Nicks' Gaultria Adventure: Loot 'n' pillage!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am 
Motor Mouth

I intend to unbar the door, open it, and call out to make sure everybody is OK.

Next I will systematically decapitate every knight I can find in the village. Once the decapitation is done and the heads are gathered together in one place I will burn the heads.

Next I will search every building to find the villagers and ensuring the safety of any I may find.

Then I intend to liberate the corpses of the knights of their armour, weapons and all equipment. This is to be gathered together outside the building where we spent time doing battle. Assuming the various goods ae in good condition and untainted I will consider how to dispose of them for monetary gain in order to pay for any repairs that may be necessary for this village and to maybe pay for a small group of living militia to defend the place. Other heroes are welcome to take their 1/6 share of this but I would hope that they would all want to chip in to help out. I will retain some cash for myself so that I may tithe a portion to Lady Fayola and replenish supplies for the task ahead.

Or something along those lines.

Post subject: Re: Nick's Gaultria Adventure: Loot 'n' pillage!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 am 
Noise Maker

What Brother Thaddeus said, largely.

Before we do the decapitations, though, it might be simpler to gather the knights up and unleash the Authority of Teutadhe on them (Turn Undead). His Holy power has a reasonable chance of turning them to Dusty Cinders, be they naughty in His sight.

Then we search for survivors, and burn up healing spells as necessary. Also, Remove Fear spell may be helpful.

After that, let's gather all the weapons and armour and other trinkets that the bad guys were carrying, and do some Detect Magic on them. After a few rounds of concentration, we should be able to see the School of Magic that is used on any magic items amongst that lot.

If our more arcanely inclined fellows can look at the things we know to be magical in more detail, good. These fang-swords are a bit nasty, though - and that bone shield doesn't seem filled with Holy Goodness, either. How about we pile them up and Bless them, sprinkle Holy Water on, and all that?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:17 am 
I'd like to make a note whilst I'm adding up some totals for gold.

There appears to be no one living in this village. Only Knights.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:23 am 
Motor Mouth

Are there signs of a hasty departure? Does it look like the villagers have packed some bags and fled?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 am 
I'll pretty much go along with what Siobhan suggests regarding the spoils of war.

Once we've sorted out the mundane gear from the enchanted and had a chance to try to identify what these items are (I can't Identify; the best I can do is tell strong/moderate/weak aura of whichever school of magic was used to enchant the item, but perhaps a more focused arcanist can finish the job) I intend to wander the village looking for:

- Survivors
- Non-survivors
- The place where these abominations were stitched together (if it's here)
- Any mythals, phylacteries or other devices that might be providing the power to animate the dead (which should show up quite brightly on Detect Magic)
- Any beacons, communications devices (e.g. mirrors of Sending, etc) or Dead-Man's Switches that may have been left to "erase the evidence" should someone roll up and destroy the knights.

I would also like to ascertain what happened to that large winged thing that passed overhead during our fight - is it in/near the village?

I won't be waiting for the party as I wander (it's not a huge village, after all), but I will be cautious, taking 10 on Move Silently and Hide if I go anywhere a bit suss (for a score of 22 in each - My Spot and Listen modifiers are 12 if there's an ambush waiting) and if I see anything untoward, I will return to the party rather than investigate alone.

(While going through this, please remember that I can see Invisible things and magical auras, and non-magical darkness poses no problem for me, so I'd be able to identify any darkness as magical immediately)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 am 
Blitzkrieg wrote:

I have a horrifying suspicion regarding these missing villagers, chaps (and chapesses).
I would like to relieve a few of these knights of their helmets and armour, and examine the corpses a bit more closely, providing no offence would be caused to any of you by doing so...

I can also have a look at some of these magic items (I have one Identify spell prepared today - not sure how much stuff that covers...?).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:00 am 
Motor Mouth

Helios wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:

I have a horrifying suspicion regarding these missing villagers, chaps (and chapesses).
I would like to relieve a few of these knights of their helmets and armour, and examine the corpses a bit more closely, providing no offence would be caused to any of you by doing so...

I can also have a look at some of these magic items (I have one Identify spell prepared today - not sure how much stuff that covers...?).

You'll have to be quick, I'm off relieving these nights of their heads (Although removing the helmets in the process to find the neck of course).

(Identify)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:09 am 
bigmaddrongo wrote:
Helios wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:

You'll have to be quick, I'm off relieving these nights of their heads (Although removing the helmets in the process to find the neck of course).

(Identify)

Didn't the young lady say she wanted to try something else before you went off and removed heads, Brother? Impetuous lot, aren't you?
No matter, I would like to make a request that BEFORE any burning, mutilating or righteous disintegration occurs, I must investigate at least a few of these corpses further.

Now, I can only magically identify one of these items today, so perhaps we start with what is generally perceived as the most important one. Then we can gather the rest up to take with us, and I'll look at them when I get a chance in the next few days. Or if we plan to stay here, I can maybe speed the process up a bit, if I can have some peace and quiet...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:35 am 
Motor Mouth

bigmaddrongo wrote:
I intend to unbar the door, open it, and call out to make sure everybody is OK.

Next I will systematically decapitate every knight I can find in the village. Once the decapitation is done and the heads are gathered together in one place I will burn the heads.

OK, fine, I'll hear the heathen out for a minute, but decapitation would be better than relying on the beliefs of a poor misguided wretch who has lost the light of Our Lady. I will not suffer these abominations to remain longer than is necessary and must see them destroyed as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:52 am 
Noise Maker

We have a task in hand. Let's not bicker over whose god is greater - that is for the Delbarrans and Ty'itians! Although - when you are in the Lands of Teutadhe, Brother Thaddeus, it would be well that you respect His Authority, as I respect your venerated Lady of Fortune - you must tell me more of her history, she sounds like a worthy prophet.

Now, Professor Gaultriani, I agree you should examine the undead before we destroy them. Similarly, I shall choose one that seems to be less rotten than the others and Speak With It.

What questions shall I put to the corpse?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 pm 
Speech Writer

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
It might be best to check out the one person who at some stage was most likely a local - the innkeeper who was seen through the window (assuming that wasn't also an illusion).

Can anyone track? It would be useful to see whether any non-plated footprints, etc can be identified (other than our own).

Personally, I'm more interested in the loot, but after that think I will spend my time looking for hidden doors, etc if not needed for a look out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 pm 
I can track, but at the moment I'm a little busy trying to sort out this loot. As Thoro, he has the look of a woodsman about him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:59 pm 
Noise Maker

The Lune wrote:
It might be best to check out the one person who at some stage was most likely a local - the innkeeper who was seen through the window (assuming that wasn't also an illusion).

I suspect that the poor barkeep is an animate corpse... but yes, he'd be the best one to question - except that the process of being animated will strip the vestigial memories from the flesh, and I will learn nothing.

Assuming we find a suitable, non-undead corpse, what shall we ask?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:51 pm 
Daremonai wrote:
I can track, but at the moment I'm a little busy trying to sort out this loot. As Thoro, he has the look of a woodsman about him

aye that I can and that will be the first thing I do........after seeing if there is anything interesting and "useful" to me

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next