Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: AD&D 1st Edition thread for players and DM only please..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:49 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
The Clerics have left us.

They needed to re-supply and take word of what they had found back. Afet clearing the fisrt level of the mine, the Clerics bought out a body of some foul "undead" thing which they then managed to commune with. Im not sure what answers the thing gave but all head of the order looked concerned.

I deal in death, and know it well. But talking to the dead made my blood run cold.....

The level we had explored so far gave some interesting problems. the main chamber doors finally opened by themselves. This led us into a very long hewn corridor. the once priceless paintings now burnt and ruined.

Roughly a third of the way down this corridor was a magical net. was this to keep something in or out? We eventually foiund a secret set of alcoves (disguised by illusion). Tomric told me the strange symbols in them wrere activation runes. these runes closed and opened the doors the led us in and raised and lowered the magical steel net.

Once past the net, there were more runes on the corridor floor. Tomric said they were protection and possibly summoning?

I scouted ahead into the darknes. The corridor opened out into a large chamber. This was the start of the actual mining area. There had been no activity here for many moons. I could see, hear and feel nothing..... The place was dead. It appeared a small skirmish had been fought here. There was also scortch marks here and back in the corridor. Tomric mentioned magical traps, and powerful fire magic.

We entered the chamber. I scouted ahead as I like to do. I peered into a pit at the start of a corridor and was struck hard by some sort of creatures snake like arms.

The creature slowly climbed from the pit. The others came to my aid. The beast was large. I have never seen anything like it. It had knocked me back and the Noble Fighter was trying to slay it. By now the Annilis was down, others were shooting the beast and Tomric was throwing oil on it trying to burn it. A brave but mad thing for a wizard to do. I do like this man. I will watch his back.

I studied the creature, trying to guess how it lived, breathed. Find a weak spot. I wil draw this beast and add it to my research.

I slid away from combat. Got down low against the wall, waiting. It was pushing us back. Tomric's oil caught alight. The beast surged forward, panicked by fire.

Now was the time. I lept up, sprinted up a small pile of rocks to get the height I needed short sword held in both hands. A strike to the base of the eye would do it I thought.

I struck the beast hard. The short sword bit deep. It felf perfect. I dropped to the floor and waited for the beast to fall. It turned its rage on me.

Darkness.....................

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:03 pm 
Breathing heavily, Articus throws his shield, sword and spear to the ground, he then slumps to the ground to recover his breath.

Out of Character:
This is pretty much a record of Articus's thoughts on the previous session

So, down we delved deep in to the Dwarven mines, who knew what horrors we'd face after those disgusting winged beasts. They certainly posed no threat to me, a follower of Torm must be ready for far worse, for some reason in the confusion of the fight our companion Llanar had dissapeared, and he calls himself brave! Pah! Those who were wounded had their injuries tended to by the Priestess and the Archer, Myra and Fedwren and we continued on in our investigations.

After traveling some distance we noticed that the corridor was scorched badly. Tomrick mentioned the posibillity of traps and magical fire, this sat uneasily with me. I can confront evil beings and dangerous beasts and slay them with my blade, magical traps however...

Fedwren fired an arrow off in to the distance and nothing happened, we discussed the possbillity of danger and then Hassan offered to scout out ahead of the party alone, I'm not sure why he put himself in such danger, I should be able to assist my allies! Damn my human eyes, I cannot see in this pitch black! Eventually Hassan reported back with the news that the corridor opened out in to a wide area, full of mining equipment and so we decided bravely press on, I did notice that the Elf seemed to drop off from the rest of us, perhaps he does not have the faith that I have, Torm will protect me and my allies from any danger.

We entered an area matching that which Hassan had described to us, we noticed a stream to the north and a small cavern to the west, we spread out to get a bearing on our new location. When Hassan tried to enter the cave he was forced back by a giant tentacle, a foul monster! At last it is time to mete out justice in the name of Torm! Spear in hand, I charged at the as yet unknown opponent.

The battle was fierce, clash of steel and the wizzing of arrows. Eventually Tomrick bravely started to throw oil at the beast, I was uncertain as to his plan, but I vowed to keep the beast at bay so he could see his idea through. Myra also decided to enter the fray, swinging her flail fiercly and forcing the beast back, then the Elf fell and Myra disengaged to try and help our fallen comrade. As soon as I could, I stepped between the priestess and her patient so she could tend to him without fear of interruption. I noticed a blazing torch fly behind the creature, it seemed that Tomrick had missed his mark.

Soon though I noticed a raging fire spread in the pit the beast had emerged from, maybe Tomrick was on target after all. The beast ran in terror from the flame and then suddenly out of no where Hassan struct with pin point accuracy, I've only seen such abillity in those who are either the master of the blade...or the master of the dark arts of assassination, however Hassan has so far shown bravey and honour I doubt he is the type who lurk in the shadows.

However the beast turned and unleashed his full fury upon the poor fool, Hassan fell.

He needed the cleric to aid him as soon as possible, there was only one solution. I could distract the creature by going toe to toe with it and then Myra could run on and help Hassan.

The plan paid off, Myra made it to Hassan. I struck with my blade and felled the monster.

It was a bloody battle, two of our friends were down and I myself was wounded. We decided to head outside, rest and prepare for future exploration.

Out of Character:
Good lord, that took awhile. There you go Nobby, you got your write up. :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:10 pm 
Out of Character:
Nice one, Nick and Steve :)

Just a couple of reminders of names and spellings: It's Mira, Tomric and the Elf is Annilis (or maybe Anillis?).

Hope that helps everyone for future write-ups!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:38 pm 
Out of Character:
Absolutely loving the write ups. It is fascinating to see how the different interpretations by players through their characters. I love it keep it up folks!!! Thank you all...... :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:13 pm 
Noise Maker

The Journal of Tomric Shearman II
We made it back out and without any permanent hurt, it seems. Recording these lines in the mid-morning sun before getting a short rest ~ we aim to return before the day is out, I fear. At least each time we venture into this stinking dungeon of a mine we get a little further, but it’s not getting any easier. My earlier enthusiasm is somewhat sapped by hard outdoor living and a feeling of frustration and embarrassment while the martial skills of the fellows takes the lead in matters most dishearteningly.
The dwarves ~ whatever happened to them: we’ve seen only corpses, abandoned tools and their shambling undead forms since first we entered ~ are skilled in trap making and defensive construction. The corridor beyond the hall of pillars has a cunning set of mechanisms and arcane triggers that I assume are defensive in nature: the magical net or web that secures the corridor, the remotely shutting doors, and a few inscribed runes on the floor tiles at this point, the exact nature of which escapes even me (though one is plainly an abjurative dweomer of some kind ~ see copy on back page (from memory in the light of day without)). The idiots I’m blundering around with wanted to prod these unknown runes and it was all I could do to stop them. Hassan ~ a decently cautious type I’ve found and eminently practical, hope he recovers ~ helped me out with the illusionary ceiling and concealed control mechanisms.
Not far from that point, were attacked by a half-dozen sanguiphageous flying creatures, about the size of a great bat ~ long piercing proboscis about a cubit in length. These vermin set to draining the party of blood. Killed one with my dagger: most revolting. All wounds being bound, we continued (their lair was in the high ceiling out of sight beyond our reach ~ perhaps worth investigating later?).*
Further, corridor showed signs of great conflagration ~ suspect a Fire Ball: scorched area corresponded to dimensions in my notes, and burned away cloth, &c, &c. Soot was old and damp ~ several hours or even days passed since the heat of it.
Beyond was a rough cave, or mined area, with many carts and rails (similar to those in dwarven-built or influenced warehouses? ~ had no time to examine) and a stream of (effluent?) water at the rear. Most important was the arched corridor to the left of the cavern, where Annilis surprised a hulking aberration ~ a squat quadrupedal mass of tough muscular flesh, in which was set a toothed maw like a lamprey’s, flanked by two dextrous strong battering tentacles and a third appendage topped with an eye. The creature felled Annilis and Hassan before I drove it from its filthy lair with some burning oil and Fewrun’s bow, Mira’s flail and Articus’s lance took the thing down at last. Hefting up the unconscious injured, we left.
I note that there are some small conflicts arising among the fellows, perhaps born of their various appetites for violence. Similarly, much dithering and indecision seizes the party. Naturally I remain clear headed, but it grates at times to be directing such rabble, as leadership is not my wont. Howbeit, I’d rather my will prevailed than that of a zealot or drunkard. Now to rest.

*Post script note ~ there (as asterisked) we encountered one “Lanar the Brave” cowering in an urn. While the others appeared to believe his story of being lost and hiding from monsters, I’m not so sure. No sooner had we dealt with the sanguiphages than he vanished again. I am pleased to note my personal items remain unmolested.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:05 pm 
Noise Maker

Out of Character:
Alert from Nobby:
NO GAME ON MONDAY 10th NOV

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:13 pm 
Donor

:shock:

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:10 pm 
Out of Character:
OK have moved the thread here FYI! Time to kick start the info on this adventure...watch this space.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:25 am 
Donor

The journey has been long and tough but now im finally back with my friends. Many moons have passed since we last were together.
Out of Character:
Its been a while guys see you soon :D

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:36 am 
Out of Character:
Jacks recently sex changed character wonders where the brakes are as he leads the party from the front!!!

Attachments:
poppins4-715158.jpg
poppins4-715158.jpg [ 11.53 KiB | Viewed 1294 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:44 am 
Out of Character:
Steves character ponders on the best way to get down now he got up here.....

Attachments:
assassins-creed-21.jpg
assassins-creed-21.jpg [ 35.51 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:48 am 
Out of Character:
Altairs character wonders where he went wrong playing chess.....

....for more go here http://www.sanchogames.com/LRPC/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:54 am 
Out of Character:
Oi wait for me says Pyxis playing Altairs character!!!

Attachments:
487-three_mages_door.jpg
487-three_mages_door.jpg [ 97.19 KiB | Viewed 1285 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:13 am 
Out of Character:
MIra (Helios) is not happy with some of the party for pulling her into the shaft of wind....

Attachments:
dq3gbart09.jpg
dq3gbart09.jpg [ 86.54 KiB | Viewed 1279 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:17 am 
Out of Character:
When you said we had ended up in a throne room.............

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next