Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: AD&D 1st Edition thread for players and DM only please..
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:33 am 
Out of Character:
Ninjas character decides to have a new slogan on his armour....then realises he has had one wineskin too many!!!!

Attachments:
C15619612.jpg
C15619612.jpg [ 7.34 KiB | Viewed 1110 times ]
work_513.jpg
work_513.jpg [ 12.96 KiB | Viewed 1112 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:57 am 
Out of Character:
Beardy Petes character muses......hmmmnnn....now I'm sure I read somewhere that if you jump naked through water in to a room full of skeletons........

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:01 am 
Out of Character:
And Nicks character was missing something.....now what was it again???????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:08 am 
Out of Character:
Steves character.....whaddya mean I don't look like a fighter? I learnt everything I know at my dads business......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:59 am 
:lots of love: :D Heh heh...

Oh oh oh oh oh!

I completely forgot to tell him!

Alastair! Tomric actually has something to do next session!
We ended up getting roped into a giant game of wizard chess.... and Tom has the highest Int.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:13 pm 
Noise Maker

Helios wrote:
snip...and Tom has the highest Int.

Yes - and it's clearly a higher INT than mine!
Can I have some clues as to the puzzle before me so I can put my lesser INT to work between sessions..?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:22 pm 
Helios wrote:
and Tom has the highest Int.

One of the highest INTs, I think you mean. Anilis is no slouch in the intellect department (when he's not half-drunk). He's certainly clever enough to realise that carrying a sword is useful when he's run out of spell (just the one!) for the day.

Out of Character:
They're both (if I remember correctly) on 16, which I believe is assumed to map onto IQ on a roughly 1:10 basis so it's not that shoddy at all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:29 pm 
Motor Mouth

Altair-the-Vexed wrote:
Helios wrote:
snip...and Tom has the highest Int.

Yes - and it's clearly a higher INT than mine!
Can I have some clues as to the puzzle before me so I can put my lesser INT to work between sessions..?

All we know is that some creepy guy wants to play with us.

Turns out he means chess.

Turns out he really means with us.

Tomric is the queen, the rest of us are pawns and this board is enormous, these squares must be about 5' wide!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:51 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
You set them up, I'll knock them down.

bigmaddrongo wrote:
Tomric is the A queen, the rest of us are pawns Prawns and this board is enormous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:59 pm 
The rules have not yet been explained to you as a party. I will for expediency brief you OOC tonight but your character will find out along with the rest. Oh and Beardy is wrong. lots of love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:01 pm 
Tomric controls the board, I don't think he will actually be on it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:41 pm 
Donor

We followed the shadowy figure into a gargantuan room filled with some kind of board covered with various shaped statues. Tomric took charge and told us where we should stand. This was all well and good until the statues captuerd us inside them and we had no controll on the outside world. Whenever these pices collided we saw a battle between various monsters including goblins and a mighty dwarf !! I then saw some of the pieces containing my friends fall to the might of the fiends. With some swift thinking tomric moved the pieces to the apropriate position which lead to us all being teleported into a room with a very angry looking minotaur!! with swift action from my mighty sowrd followed by some fine swordcraft by the ever mysterious knorr. The female controller of the oposition left following our great victory, which meant we won the game !!!!!!! HUZAAH!!!
We were met by thesame jailer from earlier however he was far more welcoming this time and invited us to join him in his quarters. The majority of the party tried to sort out our escape from this foul place, however the wine was far too plentiful for some of us !!! following a very nice sleep I awoke feeling refreshed and ate a fine meal....

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 pm 
Motor Mouth

Fedwren wrote:
Oh gods... my head... what happened last night?

Oh.

Methinks I must apologise to Mira as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Still, at least we live and we appear to be free to go. Not really sure what happened but I remember being trapped inside a statue berating Tomric for wilfully putting my life in danger. Or was that a dream?

I'm not really sure where we're going now, but so long as it is away from this godforsaken hole I will be happy.

Not sure why Hassan is muttering "down and west, down and west" over and over. I'm also confused by the appearance of an armed stranger who seems to be following us, but nobody else has said anything so perhaps I'm just seeing things, maybe best to pretend nothing's wrong.

Gods, when will the pain stop. Maybe I'll see if Anilis can spare a drop of something to clear my head...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:32 pm 
"My Lady of Silver,

This morning, as well as continuing to seek your divine wisdom to aid me in my daily life, I must now also seek your counsel on a... somewhat delicate matter...

After our impressive victory at the chess game against the undead Queen last night (that Tomric is indeed a clever fellow!), we were brought much food and wine, and a long discussion ensued regarding our next move. No pun intended.

We were granted three questions by our jailer (strangly, much changed in demeanour since our victory - more helpful and gentlemanly.).
Annilis and Fedren embarked on their usual binges, and quickly became less than productive in this most vital decision making. Fedren especially.
Not content with refusing to cease his drinking, wandering around in a state of undress and trying to steal from our hosts, he then.... well.... 'requested' isn't the right word....

He seemed to expect that I would go to retire with him for the night!

I refused, of course. He's a nice man, in many ways... But there is a time and a place for such things, after all, and there were still discussions to be resolved about how we are to leave this place!
Also, I do not know if he was being truthful in his advances... he does drink an awful lot...
I've been propositioned in this way before of course, back in Ireabor, but I don't wish to repeat the disappointment I felt when those men turned out to be untrue... damn them.

But part of me did want to go with him. And I have found myself thinking about him more than usual ever since. It would be silly not to admit this to myself, for ignoring it will not make it go away, and it must be dealt with if I am to avoid the er... distraction it will inevitably cause when there are important tasks to undertake.
For now, I must focus on the situation at hand and... pretend it never happened. Yes, that's it.

*sigh*

For all the wisdom you grant me, men are still such a mystery to me, Selune...

I am your loyal servant always, etc etc etc. "

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 pm 
Donor

Hassan's Diary.....(Well in his mind as I am not sure he writes...)

Something has changed!!!

I don't feel the same since we escaped the clutches of the large stone playing bits.

My head is different and it is as if I see things differently.

I no longer know who I am with and I have to relearn who to trust and who to work with.

Who am I......

The Game was not a good experience and when I awoke the battle won and my bow unused...

The room full of drink seemed to side track several of those whom I am with.... why do they drink so much and add so little? Perhaps a swift tap might knock sense into their drunken minds?

The game player seemed to be the only one who had his senses about him yet he kept on trying to find where we are.... What point is that we need to know where to go as I don't want to be trapped with these drunks too long.

After much discussion which seemed new to me we arrived at the right choice of words and I am sure there are benefits to be had from our careful choice of questions.

The Wizard (He must be a Wizard I think) went with the new one to talk to a powerful lady and I think that went well.

Lets hope our new direction will lead us out of here safely.

I need to discover who I am and who on earth those people are....

Damn the game for affecting me and I don't know what I have lost or what I have gained!!!

The Confused Mind of Hassan....

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 7   [ 105 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next