Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: AD&D 2nd ED Campaign
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:43 am 
After speaking with Steve, he has said that I would be able to run a 2nd ed game on either Monday or Tuesday eve. So any who are interested, please let me know: 1/who you are; 2/which day is best for you.

I hope to start the campaign in the New Year and for those of you who wish to play, I will send the 'House Rules' to you so that you can familiarise yourselves with them.

Any questions, let me know

Thanks

Darren

Post subject: Re: AD&D 2nd ED Campaign
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 pm 
Noise Maker

1: I'd like to join up! I'm not very experienced with 2nd Ed, or Faerun, but I'm well versed in D&D in general.

2: I'd prefer Monday nights, but I'm also playing in Nobby's 1st Ed AD&D game on alternate Mondays... If we could fit in between that game, that'd suit me best.

Question - will I need my own copy of the 2nd Ed PHB? I can't find it for sale at a sensible price...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:33 pm 
Altair-the-Vexed wrote:
1: I'd like to join up! I'm not very experienced with 2nd Ed, or Faerun, but I'm well versed in D&D in general.

2: I'd prefer Monday nights, but I'm also playing in Nobby's 1st Ed AD&D game on alternate Mondays... If we could fit in between that game, that'd suit me best.

Question - will I need my own copy of the 2nd Ed PHB? I can't find it for sale at a sensible price...

i have all the 2nd edition books. You can borrow my PHB if that helps?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:26 pm 
I'd also like to sign up - either of the two days is fine by me, subject to the same restrictions as Alastair on Mondays.

I'm already in a whole bunch of games though, so if you get more requests than you have spaces it's probably fair to give others priority over me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:22 pm 
Yeah bout time Daz! Sign me up m8. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:13 pm 
Ok me too.....!!! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm 
Noise Maker

I see the Calendar has this game down as commencing on 26th January - is that right?

Are we doing a character creation session first? Depending on the rest of the party, I'd like to try a thief / ranger / skill monkey type.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:58 pm 
if room i would like to join ect

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:35 pm 
Yep, game is due to commence on 26th and sorry about the abortive start on the 12th :oops: The first session will be given over to character creation and development, I will bring along some pre-rolled characters for those who want to take the tailor-made route (although character development will be the player's responsiblity). I will be developing the setting, giving you the background to Loudwater and environs, and introduce the "house" rules to you all. If you have any questions about I will be available to answer them I hope (if I cant I may be driven to make the answer up :lots of love: ).

Thanks and see you all around

Darren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:12 am 
Looking forward to it!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:16 pm 
Thanks Nobby, but dont think I can be easily swayed by sweet talk - cream cakes and beer however.........
see ya
Darren

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:08 am 
i would love to start playing rps but have never played before.....so if there is room and you people would be willing to help me as i get into it/learn the ropes i would love to join :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:36 am 
magus wrote:
i would love to start playing rps but have never played before.....so if there is room and you people would be willing to help me as i get into it/learn the ropes i would love to join :-D

Great, would be really like for you to join in. I am sure that others in the group will gladly help you and i will give whatever support you need
See you next Monday!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm 
tinan-gembearer wrote:
magus wrote:

Great, would be really like for you to join in. I am sure that others in the group will gladly help you and i will give whatever support you need
See you next Monday!!!

cool see ya next monday....is there anything i need to get ready for it?

dice or models or anything?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:15 pm 
Only thing you really need to play is some dice, full set would be great, but I am sure to have some spares around. A PHB would be great, but again not completely necessary as I have some available for you to use on the night. Other than that just bring yourself and a pencil (eraser optional).

Can anyone bring a tactical map and miniatures for us to use? Not absolutely necessary but would add dimension.

Thanks all, Darren

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next