500 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
750 22%  22%  [ 7 ]
£5.00 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
£7.50 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
£10.00 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: Re: Warmachine Tournament - 9 May 2009
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:47 pm 
Luke is 100% - not talked to Connagh yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:04 pm 
750? One day? Hardcore! I've long wanted to do one of those...

More seriously, I'd be interested in coming along regardless of points (or cost, out of those listed) if only I can get to Daventry somehow. Will work on that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 pm 
Steamroller not Hardcore sorry :) Just let me know if you can definitely come and I'll add you to the list.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm 
Just a quicky what Prizes will there be for the £10 entry. Not a huge thing but funds are running very low this month and i am trying to talk myself into this one :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:46 pm 
1st prize - PP coin and certificate, gold card redemption, £15 TGV voucher
2nd prize - PP coin and certificate, £10 TGV voucher
3rd prize - PP coin and certificate, £5 TGV voucher
Best Painted - £10 TGV voucher (disqualified if I know you paid to get it painted somewhere else :) )

Come one you know you want to :D

To give everyone a heads up, the current entry price is £10 but if we get enough people we might be able to drop that down to £7.50. Similarly the points you play will depend on a) the number of players and b) how late we can keep the 'Vault open. To give you an idea 10 players at 750 points will mean us finishing about 1830 working on 25 mins between rounds. Thanks for the support guys :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 pm 
I will know more after the weekend (MAgic tends to come first) if i have enough money left i will be able to come £10 just seems expensive to me i dont know why :-(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:20 pm 
kayG is it like the brest cancer do were we had 2 hav surten modals (carsta,unit,jack/beast,solo).
or can we play anyfing????

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 am 
Play what you like :) You can bring 2 lists if you want, or just bring one army and play it all day. Will make the final call on the points to be played Wed next week once I know who is confirmed to come.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:38 pm 
The 2 army lists do they have to be one army or can i bring one legion and one circle list?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm 
Sorry Richard, the two lists must both be of the same faction.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:22 pm 
Hello there, I will be coming along to this aswell (with Jere - CapusMente), so put me (and him) on the list please. ^_^

Just to clarify tho: 750 points, 2 lists (show opponents, choose one, blah blah), 2 Hrs per game? It is okey that the vast majority of my stuff (think 98%) still isn't painted? £10 entry fee?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:28 pm 
OK guys the final setup for the tournament on Saturday is a 500 point Steamroller costing £7.50 a head.

You need to bring with you:

• Your armies :) Fully painted armies are eligible for the best painted prize but painted models are not required to play in the tournament.
  • 2 army lists (printed/written legibly so that I can check them) if you want to bring more than one list - they must both be the same faction though.
  • Dice
  • Measuring implement
  • Fury/Focus etc markers

I need people to try to get to the shop for as close to 0900 as they can so that I can check lists and assign tables for the first round before we start play at 0930.

The basic rules for the tournament are:

• Each round will last 85 minutes + 2xD6 with a 25 minute changeover between the end of the longest running game in that round and the beginning of the next round.
  • Turns are 10 minutes each but I only intend to start timing people if complaints are made about people stalling.
  • Once per game you may declare that you are taking a longer than usual turn of up to 15 minutes.
  • A 15 minute warning will be given before the end of a round if people are still playing.
  • "Dice down" will be called at the end of the time. Any player in the middle of an action may finish that action but may not finish their turn.

I'll run over how everything will happen on the day with a few other "housekeeping" notices but I look forward to seeing you all there. Any questions in the meantime PM me or post here.

Thanks for all your support for this guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 pm 
Helen can this not be 750 as i have been play testing a 750 point army, Richard has spent the last week painting his 750 so he can impress everyone and i was really looking forward to breaking in a epic warcaster which i bought for this event.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:12 pm 
Hello sorry to sound like I'm complaining but I have spent ages painting epic lylith and other things to go with her and if we are now playing 500 points I can't play the army I was going to what are the projections for 750 is that completely imposible now with the number of people

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:44 pm 
Guys the reason for 500 points is time.

Put it this way, IF everything ran to time and IF there were no problems playing a 750 tournament with 12 guys starting at 0930 we'd be lucky to finish by 1900! Put another way, when Cerberus (the guys who do all the big tournaments at things like the Games Expo) ran the one up in Manchester I helped out with we had I think it was 10 guys playing 500point games and that was scheduled over 2 days with 5 of us running it :shock: I guess what I'm trying to say is that its going to be a struggle to get it in at 500 points never mind trying to manage it at 750.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but we did say from the start that the points would depend on the number of players.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next