Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Warmachine MKII - Opinions?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am 
Hey there, I was just wondering, since I've not been to Games Vault for aaages and hardly ever post here (because I'm rubbash), whether you guys have been playtesting the MKII rules? and what your opinions are?

Obviously, it's a fieldtest and not "proper" rules, but it's the closest thing we currently have to MKII in 2010. Personally, I've been having loads of fun playtesting and in general, I really like MKII for Cryx. There are still many, many, things that could be improved and I don't think the overall good-vs-bad model ratio has changed significantly; altho what is good and what is bad has been shifted around a bit. Importantly tho, it just feels really good fun!! :D

Post subject: Re: Warmachine MKII - Opinions?
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:20 am 
Due to the resident PG being away on honeymoon :) we haven't had a play with them yet. That said, I've been looking through them and I'm liking what I'm reading. If anyone is interested though I've got a set of the rules printed and would be interested in having a bit of a mess around with them (once I've actually built a bit more of my Cryx and generally got back on top of life that is).

Have you been submitting any feedback out of interest?

Post subject: Re: Warmachine MKII - Opinions?
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 am 
Yeah, I posted some feedback during the playtest period, it's finished now tho so you can't submit anymore; just some Cryx beefs such as arcnodes being overcosted (kinda fixed now thanks to an update), the Leviathan being absolute 'meh' for it's points cost, Bloat Thralls still undesirable compared to other options... stuff like that. In general tho, most of the Cryx stuff I use seems good/great, with the major exceptions being the Witch Coven and eGoreshade, who both seem like absolute suckage now!! But I've not had chance to play with them yet, so didn't want to leave feedback on stuff I'd not actually played with. ;)

EDIT: BTW, if you're a Cryx player (and any other Cryx players in the club might be interested too) I've been creating colour MKII Fieldtest cards because I got bored of staring at the blank ones. I've got a thread going here in the PP Forum http://www.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?showtopic=179218 that is tracking my progress. I've finished casters now, pretty much, and am moving onto bonejacks/helljacks.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]