Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Pressganger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:26 pm 
As some of you will be aware I'm hoping to move down to Somerset later this year, probably just before Christmas and in any case I'm going to have to move by August next year to do my post-grad studies.

As such I'm starting to look for volunteers to replace me as the club pressganger. If anyone wants to know more about what it involves before volunteering could you drop me a PM, similarly if you would like to volunteer yourself could you do so via PM. I've already spoken to the EU Quartermaster about the requirement of having at least two fully painted box sets and he is happy if initially whoever takes over uses those that the shop owns. You would though be expected to eventually have your own demo models (and to be perfectly honest it does make life easier for you :) ). Any other Q's please PM me or grab me for a word at the club. Thanks for all the help guys.

K

Post subject: Re: Pressganger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:54 pm 
Guys, sorry to harp on about this but its a bit of a shame that I've had precisely no volunteers to take over from me. I don't know if its because of an impression that you don't get to play as much (thats the two careers, two sports, one job and a husband that do that :) ) or that its a lot of hard work (there's some but there's also a lot of support).

The sad fact is that if we don't have a volunteer or two, as of December (stand fast the hopefully big event early next year) you won't have any organised play and that usually leads to games somewhat dying out.

I would like to think that we've got a pretty good playerbase to work from at the Vault and we've had a couple of good (I hope) leagues with no. 3 in the planning. Tournaments seem to go down well and tend to be booked out. It would be a shame to see go to waste the work that Steve has put in sorting out somewhere for us to play, tabletops that look cool, scenery which helps/hinders and a good stockist of stuff when we need that next metal fix.

So hows about it.... anyone.... please?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:36 pm 
I think what puts Richard and myself of it the potential amount of travel we would need to do i.e if we ran a legeue game we would need to come to the vault once a week which can work out expensive for us. Alos we are concerned we would be asked to goto wierd and wonderfull places to host this game and we just cant commit to been able to. I guess what i am asking is how much travel is there and what retunr can you expect for the travel? Thanks KayG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:37 am 
Well there's no obligation to do any of the conventions, they're just good fun :) I know what you mean about the amount of travel it would involve for you guys though :/ You are right you do really need to be a fairly regular feature at club nights, if only to solve rules disputes/put the league details up on the board as not everyone is a member/now has access to these forums.

Thanks for the response though :) it is much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 pm 
I might be tempted to, but would like a face 2 face chat about a few issuses i might have doing it. So Helen when would be a good time to ave a chat with you???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:03 pm 
Well......I saw D'oh in action yesterday at Northampton Warlords.

He taught one mature member to play WM/H and then had a game against Luke who is still learning and well juxtaposed in the age spectrum to his first pupil.

Great composure, enthusiasm, tact and patience.

He gets my vote!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:34 am 
The pressganger is dead, long live the pressganger! Welcome onboard to Colin who's been accepted into the gang :D I'm not off yet (sorry you have to put up me for a while yet :P ) but I hope you all give him the same support you've given me over the last year or so. Please keep the requsests for tournaments and events coming and as ever we're open to all suggestions.

Thanks again guys and I hope to see some of you down t'Vault soon :)

Kay

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]