Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: How to make it more interesting?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 pm 
Guys it seems like Warmachine/Hordes is taking a bit of a dip at the moment, for example I've only got 6 people interested (bothered to vote) for the next league. My question to you is what, as the PGer can I do to improve things for you? More organised play? Less organised play? More scenario stuff? More prizes? Different prizes? Less prizes?

I know me being unable to do weekends somewhat prevents tournaments but on the other hand I need someone to take over from me late this year so now is a perfect time for someone to step up and run stuff with me helping.

I can only do this with your help guys so I need suggestions :)
Thanks

K

Post subject: Re: How to make it more interesting?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 am 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember you mentioned you never ran a MkII field test. Obviously feedback won't be taken in anymore, but I've heard many accounts of the ruleset change revitalising communities.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:13 pm 
Vocal Minority

I love the game but lack the "spare time" to play. :cry:

I think our current PGer is gr8 and I hope some good person will step up to the plate and take on the PG title.

I wanna play more but the kid's schedule is pretty hectic and "Mum and Dad Cabs" need rest time as well.

Maybe there could be a way of doing sporadic short games like the 40K in 40 mins Patrol games but in an organised league? (mmm Sporadic yet organised? :? )

T

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:07 pm 
The simplest ways to make games go quicker are any combination of dropping points values (350), dropping model count (Mangeld Metal/Tooth & Claw) and introducing timed turns. That last one might not be practical for a league, and certainly not at a casual games night, but either of the others would do. In particular, I cannot imagine a 350 point MM/T&C game taking any longer than 40 minutes, and probably less.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:48 pm 
Vocal Minority

[quote]The simplest ways to make games go quicker are any combination of dropping points values (350), dropping model count (Mangeld Metal/Tooth & Claw) and introducing timed turns. That last one might not be practical for a league, and certainly not at a casual games night, but either of the others would do. In particular, I cannot imagine a 350 point MM/T&C game taking any longer than 40 minutes, and probably less.[quote]

Have you ever played Nobby???? (Or Colin by the sound of today's game!) :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love: :lots of love:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:26 pm 
Thats a fair comment Tom about me & Nobby! but i like the idea of timed rounds for tournement play, cos if your not quick you lose out so being aggressive & not thinking too much helps! I agree with CaptusMente if you want a quick & fun game 350pts is the way i think!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 pm 
Oi Surfer Boy!! Easy!!!!

I'll have you know there was no slacking - just a lot of fog and stealth tactics in play!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:25 pm 
i have been a bit quite recently. but i still like the game just havent really had a chance to play and suck when i play anyway.

i have however found new tactics to play i just need the chance. i am also interested in the new league but havent really been on the forums much to respond! :-P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:05 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 3
League Champion (3)
League/tournaments have always been great, it's more the game itself that I'm a little cooler on at the moment. With so many projects on the go, the need to go through MkII etc etc. has just made it seem like an effort compared to other stuff I'm doing. So nothing negative league/Daventry related, just think I'd personally benefit from having a little break from it and then being able to come back with renewed enthusiasm, having got other stuff out of my system.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:09 pm 
I'm with you on that....can't get my head around learning MK II.....!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]