Poll ended at Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:36 am
Yes I'd like to play in the tournament and can volunteer models 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Yes I'd like to play but sorry on the model front 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
No I'm busy 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
No the idea sucks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: Retribution
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 am 
Guys as the tag line says... you were warned :) The Retribution is coming, and the promos are currently scheduled for September :)

I'm thinking of running a 350, 1-1-1-1 tournament with a twist... the twist being (if enough people are willing to volunteer their models) that you have to play a different faction each game :) Hopefully by then I should have a suitable sized Retribution army, with the MkI stat cards so it will be a way to try out the newest faction as well as maybe have a go with other factions or even better the other half of the game. Currently looking at the 12/13th September depending on room/player availablity. First question on the poll therefore is are you interested :) Again guys if you are registering your interest, could you stick a post in too so I know who is interested, ta :)

I'm also looking at running a demo type event for the Retribution one Thursday evening in September but I'm up for suggestions on the kind of thing you'd like to see. Pure demos with an emphasis on new players? A crazy multiplayer mashup? A very fast and dirty boxset Jouneyman/Freshmeat style tournament? All suggestions of ideas and the best date would be much appreciated

Post subject: Re: Retribution
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:36 am 
There is no poll option for how I feel so a post would be appropriate. Comments as follows for me:

1. Dunno what a 1-1-1-1 is!!
2. Would not want to play different factions or lend troops.
3. Would be interested in playing.
4. Luke probably would too!
5. Is Retribution the new faction?
6. What planet are we on?

:oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm 
Its a good idea but i lent models to Bliztgrieg and through no fault of his own my Molik Kharn and warcaster had no arms trim or heads left glued on this didnt bother me as they wernt painted (and glued the previuos night) however when Nobby has as nice of models as he does and they got mushed up he maybe a little upset. Love the concept though :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 pm 
@Nobby - 1-1-1-1 is 1 caster, 1 jack/beast, 1 unit and 1 solo as a minimum, use the remaining points up as you wish :) Its a nice format to showcase the various things the game is capable of but also proves a challenge to more experienced players due to the constraints it puts on the army composition.

Yes Retribution of Scyrah is the new faction, due out in September. Its being released in MkII format but there have been a set of MkI cards released too.

Earth :)

@Little Horus - I'll hopefully figure something out whereby people can play whether or not they lend model... probably with a benefit of somekind to those who do lend them :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:39 pm 
Sounds very cool i am happy to lend out models if people are carefull with them and dont put the in there mouth as thats what i like to do :-) I have a couple of cool ideas for this already so should be a good day look forward to it :-) Bring on my Retribution on all you NOOBS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 am 
Noise Maker

Medals: 3
League Champion (3)
Like the idea, and happy to lend my barely painted models, of course if they break arms off it's a reciprocal arrangement... However 12/13th is Colours weekend so I'll be in Newbury on the Saturday, which means no going out to play on the Sunday either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 am 
Motor Mouth

I'm currently considering signing up for one of the places that just became available at Bestival, which runs over this weekend so I may also not be able to attend now. I could probably make some Trolls available though in my absence.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:29 pm 
Paul wrote:
Like the idea, and happy to lend my barely painted models, of course if they break arms off it's a reciprocal arrangement... However 12/13th is Colours weekend so I'll be in Newbury on the Saturday, which means no going out to play on the Sunday either.

Ah. Good point. I will be in the FoW tournament at Colours both days so that counts me out!! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 pm 
Ah sorry guys hadn't realised there was a conflict of events, unfortunately its the only weekend I can run this :/ Nobby, the boys are still more than welcome to come though :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 pm 
i am interseted and just thought i should say but i have been a bit busy to write a propper response so that will come shortly when i have more time! :-P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:14 pm 
Sounds cool Helen! love the idea of playing with different factions. Count me in to play and i can lend models to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:36 pm 
I'm all for a tournament, and should be abe to manage the 12/13th. I'm concerned about changing factions though. I break my own models efficiently enough, so lending them won't be a problem, but I foresee playing with unfamiliar factions as being a source of frustration and delay as opposed to novelty and fun. Maybe it's just me and my lack of variety in regular opponents, but I'd prefer not to spend the tournament staring at my cards wondering what it is my models can do. If my opponent does the same, and we are also unfamiliar with each others forces, that could result in one disproportionately long game. The 1-1-1-1 nature does mitigate this a little, as the number of interactions is limited.

As far as a demo goes (which I would also try and participate in), I'd like to see the focus be on actual Retribution models rather than a gimmick for the event. A multiplayer mash-up is fun, but doesn't really showcase anything except the format itself. Box-set tournament sounds great, as does the pure demo.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:01 pm 
I dont think richard and myself will be masking this one i am afraid too much other stuff happening this month. Good luck Helen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 pm 
I like the idea of another 1-1-1-1 tourney; and it might even be interesting to see the Retribution across the table. But the whole swapping factions thing, that sounds like nothing but baaaad. :/ I have a hard enough time switching between my Cryx/Mercs/Legion/Orboros (Tina's faction). :O

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 pm 
Ok the general gist seems to be people would like to see/play Retribution but probably not in a tourney as it would involve swapping models. As such I'm going to lock this topic and start a new one for a new idea for the tourney.... just as soon as I've thought of something new :(

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]