500pt 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
750pt 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Steamroller 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Hardcore 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Flashpoint 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Retribution 2nd time lucky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 pm 
Ok guys bear with me on this one, I've got a couple of questions for you.

First up, and purely hypothetically which weekend could you/would you like to play - 12th/13th September or 19th/20th September.

Given the lack of interest in a tournament swapping between factions would you prefer a: 350 1-1-1-1 tournament, 500pt tournament or 750pt tournament

What style of tournament would you like: steamroller (scenario based), hardcore (assassination based) or Flashpoint the Retribution launch format (likely to be similar to Schism )

Again could people please post below with their ideas. Thanks

I'll check with Steve when he comes back but I'll probably look to run a bunch of demos in the shop on the other Saturday with a possible re-run one Thursday.

Post subject: Re: Retribution 2nd time lucky
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:41 am 
KayG wrote:
What style of tournament would you like: steamroller (scenario based), hardcore (assassination based) or Flashpoint the Retribution launch format (likely to be similar to Schism )

Can you explain the last one please....

Thanks

Nobby :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:44 pm 
At the risk of being mildly petulant, click the link it takes you to the full rules for the tournament.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:33 pm 
I have read somewhere on the internet that dogs drown if they look up in the rain.

As far as i can tell you have 3 unique lists for the day once you lose a game with your 1st list it is considered dead and you goto your second list and so forth until you have no more lists and you start again??? If you choose a character warbeast or unique solo you may not play them in more than one list to give flavour. I think this is mostly accurate not sure about the dog thing though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 am 
LittleHorus wrote:
As far as i can tell you have 3 unique lists for the day once you lose a game with your 1st list it is considered dead and you goto your second list and so forth until you have no more lists and you start again??? If you choose a character warbeast or unique solo you may not play them in more than one list to give flavour. I think this is mostly accurate not sure about the dog thing though.

That sounds quite interesting, and might be quite fun!! :D
I can guarantee that my Tartarus + Deathjack list will die in my first game.
Hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:45 am 
12th/13th would be significantly better for me. So much so that 19th/20th is out of the question.

I'll let everyone take a guess at what else I voted. If someone can't, it must mean I haven't been vocal enough. I can fix that should the need arise.

The Schism format does look interesting, but should probably be kept at a low level of points unless everyone has as many models as me (and I'll need a 3rd Seraph!). If you want to mix thngs up, but still run a larger event, a suggestion: Do a variant of Masters. Change the points level and/or have people play a different caster every round. Similar idea, though slightly more accommodating.

Also: Hardcore!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:02 am 
lots of love@poll so far. Looks like the steamroller scenarios aren't very popular. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am 
Guys its worth noting on the Schism/Flashpoint rules that its only character models which can't appear in more than one list... so no need for a third seraph :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am 
KayG wrote:
Guys its worth noting on the Schism/Flashpoint rules that its only character models which can't appear in more than one list... so no need for a third seraph :P

Yeah, my friends and I did a very similar thing with a (massive and sprawling) Campaign we ran a few years back; there was a giant hex map of Immoren and you had to designate "armies" to move about on the map capturing objectives. The "armies" could have whatever they wanted in terms of generic units/solos/jacks but had to speficy what Warcaster was leading it and what Characters were in the force, which couldn't be duplicated elsewhere.

It was actually really good fun and made people think before they crammed "all their eggs (characters) in one basket (list)", so to speak. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 am 
That makes much more sense. Not sure what I was thinking. My excuse will be that, as a Legion player, I never bother reading rules.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]