Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Warmachine & Hordes Demo Day and Tournament
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:24 pm 
Across the lands of Western Immoren rumor runs wild... a new and deadly hunter is loose. Previously safe outposts are falling to an unseen enemy. They appear without warning, breach the most secure defences, then melt back into the landscape as though they had never existed. Who are they? From where are they attacking? On this the rumour mill is silent. The only fact of which we can be certain is...

WE WERE WARNED

Saturday 11 September - all day
Never played Warmachine or Hordes before? Don’t worry, we’ll teach you how. All day we’ll be demonstrating how to play and how to paint some of the coolest looking miniatures around.

Saturday 19 September - 1400 to 1730
Journeyman Tournament (Boxset/270 - 330 pts)
Bring along your favourite skirmish list or give one of our demo armies a whirl. All you need is the £2.50 entrance fee. Will you be crowned Dawnlord (most consecutive wins as Defender), take the title of Warcaster Prodigy (most wins by a new player) or win the admiration of your peers as a Master Craftsman (best painted mini)?
Missed the demo day and still want to play? No problem, we’ll show you the ropes and get you into the tournament in no time.

Guys and Girls, if you've never played before these events are a great way to try out a new game. Prizes for the tournament will depend on the number of players but I usually get vouchers for the shop and anything else I think is "cool" :) I can't stress enough that all you need for the tournament is yourself and your entry fee, a tape measure and dice would be good but not essential. If you want to bring your own models you're more than welcome but if you haven't got any just use one of ours :) Only one quick point on that though for the more experienced players, please don't abuse the 270 - 330pt option by bringing a tricked out list (ahem Vlad). Other than that I hope as many of you as possible can give this a go and I hope to see you there :)

Kay

Attachments:
RoS flyer final.pdf [131.69 KiB]
Downloaded 27 times

Post subject: Re: Warmachine & Hordes Demo Day and Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 am 
You have two very interested players here been a while since i played less than 750 so this should be fun 1 warcaster + Deathjack should do it :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:52 pm 
Remind me agian how well those things fly :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 am 
sorry but i have wedding arangements so i cant come now :-(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm 
Alfred (DeathJack's Name yes i named him) doesnt so much fly but rip the wings of anything stupid enough to get within range :-) Seriously looking forward to the weekend Richard and I will be up with Bells on i am even going to see if i can have Alfred painted up and ready to play.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 am 
Vocal Minority

It looks likely I'll be along with the boys! (Yes, that means the swear police)

So that'll be three players, (subject to a change of plan...)

Tom

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]