Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 27 of 27   [ 397 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: Full Circle.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Game 1.

To be honest there isn't much that can be said about my first battle against the good doctor as I pretty much played like a complete imbecile. Sadly my path to Blackclad immortality looked farther away than ever after this fiasco, as I panicked in the face of Matt's beast heavy horde and made bad decision after bad decision. Charging Druids into close-combat with warbeasts is as poor a tactic you will ever see and Megalith charging a Warhog and failing to destroy it left a fairly big lot on his copybook.

A 5th straight defeat and a very deserved one at that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:41 pm 

Game 2 (or 6, whatever you prefer).

2 weeks to ponder the inevitable question, 'are Circle for me?'. Obviously they are, but seeing your models get an axe to the face most fortnights can leave you wistfully looking at the Butcher at certain times :D . But, onto Dr. Arkadius Take2, same list, shall we have another go?

If the first game was a disaster, from a personal point of view I felt the second was a massive improvement. A little bit of patience and thought, and all of a sudden the whole Circle thing begins to suddenly click, albeit slowly. Opponent charge lanes blocked, Constructs getting there charges in (and wrecking stuff for a change :lots of love: ), Druids actually using the magical tools at there disposal, Shifting Stones starting to be used to their full potential (again, slowly). Suddenly it all seems a little bit clearer.

Matt ultimately won but at one point there was doubt etched on his face, sadly I didn't expect a Gorax to trash my WoldGuardian which was a bit of a shock :shock: . The game ended in a 5-2 victory for the piggies, over cautious and to late in getting to grips with Matts force saw him race into a 3-0 lead which there was no coming back from.

Everything played a big part in probably making this my best showing with pBaldur to date and it was an excellent contest. The biggest let downs were in all likelihood the Blackclad Wayfarer and Lanyssa, I'm not sure both are needed.

So, that's 0/0/6 for the year, who's next?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:22 pm 

So, as many of you are aware, I'm currently working my way towards a 35pts pBaldur tier list. But I currently have 4 variations of it in mind which are listed below. Anyone remotely interested I would love to hear which one they would go with and why.

pBaldur
Megalith
Wold Guardian
2 x WoldStalkers
1 x Shifting Stones + Stonekeeper.
1 x Druids
1 x Sentry Stone and Mannequins.

pBaldur
Megalith
Wold Guardian
Wold Warden
2 x WoldStalkers
1 x Shifting Stones
1 x Sentry Stone and Mannequins

pBaldur
Megalith
2 x Wold Guardian's
2 x WoldStalkers
1 x Shifting Stones

pBaldur
Megalith
Wold Guardian
Wold Wyrd
2 x WoldStalkers
1 x Shifting Stones + Stone keeper
BlackClad Wayfarer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:53 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
If asked for the opinion of someone who doesn't know what he's doing. ..
Least favourite is 2 ...because by all accounts the Woldwarden sucks
Most favourite is 4 because the blackclad has a swirly cloak and a big axe :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:05 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
One. Only option with Druids. Goddam hippies.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:50 pm 

There was more pain for pBaldur on Wednesday night at Battlefield Hobbies as I met up with Chris to take on his Legion. He had brought along an eVayl tier list which was full of all sorts of nastiness, especially flying ones :evil: .

From turn 1 I knew I was going to struggle as all sorts of winged nonsense attacked Megalith with armour piercing blows (I escaped relatively unscathed as Chris rolled a treble 1 for damage :shock: ) and corrosive/fire clouds popped up all over the board. I had a chance to gain a foothold in the game at one point with an opportunity to ease the pressure on my forces down one side, but I forgot about Stealth and so the Hunters Mark attack was unsuccessful so the Guardian couldn't charge. Chris was very sporting and said I could take the attack but it was my mistake and you have to learn by them (besides, the amount of errors I make atm games would be taking twice as long if we had to keep going back when I made one :lots of love: ). After that it was a slow and painful end to the game as I was dismantled systematically by the Legion.

After thoughts.

Wow, just Wow! I have faced quite a few different opponents, warcasters/warlocks and lists recently, but this eVayl one has seemed the most awkward one for my force to face to date. I know my list has a few weaknesses and I accept that but this Legion list was brutal for my Circle. I have already sounded Chris out for a rematch and will be thirsting for revenge :lots of love: .

Am off now to sell a lung so I can go out and buy a WoldWraith :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:48 pm 

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Attachments:
72091_BaldurTheStonecleaver2016.jpg
72091_BaldurTheStonecleaver2016.jpg [ 168.91 KiB | Viewed 818 times ]
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 27 of 27   [ 397 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27