Post a new topicPost a reply Page 26 of 27   [ 397 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Full Circle.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:58 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
Lord of the feast is great !!!

Great model and great abilities, traits.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
Lord of the feast is awesome... but seems best vs troops. if Matt is beast spamming he might not be the best choice?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
gazza wrote:
I'm sure if Matt gets a moment he will put his list up on here so you can see what kicked my a**e.

Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood
Earthborn Dire Troll
Pyre Troll
Storm Troll
Trollkin Champions
Trollkin Warders
Trollkin Runebearer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:35 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

It's been a few weeks and I've been slightly behind in my updates, but once again Baldur fell foul of Matt's Trollbloods. This time it was Grim Angus (I think) and his motley crew that halted the Bearded One in his tracks. My list was the same as before but whereas I was chasing the game last time, this time I shot into a 2vp-0 lead. Sadly they were the only points I gained and I fell to my second 2-5 defeat of the year.

But as a game it was far more fluid as both myself and Matt were far more in tune with our forces and what they could and couldn't do (obviously he was far more in tune than myself :D ).

Highlights were:

The Night Troll - what a great looking model, and a terrific pain in the a**e for my Druids.

My Tactics - they're improving, I swear they are :oops:

The Board - BH provided us again with a fantastic table top to display two fully painted forces on (Tom's painting, great looking board, yes I will get some pictures next time and do a proper battle report-ish).

The Game Overall - Great opponent, good fun, can't ask for anymore.

Next up I have Joe who plays either Skorne or Trollbloods, so it will be a case of facing a force I know nothing about or one I know nearly next to nothing about :lots of love: .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:38 pm 

In other news I have just purchased my second box of Wold Stalkers and a Sentry Stone blister which will allow me to finally pick from the themed Baldur list which should help me in scenario play. More updates on that as they happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:33 am 
Donor

Always though Baldur was a cool theme list.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:34 pm 

Battle report time as Baldur once again took to the TT on Wednesday evening at Battlefield Hobbies. My opponent this time was Joe and his Skorne force, led by a Warlock by the name of Zaal (don't ask me which version though). On meeting Joe he told me he was once ranked in the Top 20 of UK players many moons ago when rankings were relevant to Warmahordes (it was at this point I felt my chances of stopping Baldur's wretched run of results was probably not going to happen in this game :lots of love: ).

Anyway, list:

pBaldur

Megalith
WoldGuardian
Argus

WoldStalker unit
Shifting Stones + Keeper
Druids + UA

Game went pretty well................for 1 turn. Ran forward, killed some stuff, didn't lose anything, was feeling pretty good about things tbh. Then Joe started to show why he was in the Top 20 as he basically just went to town on my poor Circle and showed me what a force can do if your in tune with it (a position I hope to get to at some point). At the end it was all pretty limp-wristed from Baldur and co, and when some winged beastie took beardy down with it's first hit it all seemed very apt :roll: .

Lots of highlights:

The Gator Witchdoctor and friends taking down Megalith.

The statue that you kill and then you have to kill the spirit that inhabits it.

Baldur getting done in one hit.

Sadly there's more but most are top do with Joe's Skorne and how he played them (I didn't even get a VP this game :lots of love: ).

Great game and a really sporting opponent.

Who's up next to inflict more Warmahordes misery on me (or will you suffer the shame of being my first victory of the year).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:14 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Dr Arkadius looked over the battlefield with a sense of glee. The death and destruction that had just taken place was a spectacle to behold. The Skorne warriors had continued their march West, with little resistance offered in halting their progress by the Druids and their stone beasts. He was prepared to wait until the Hippies had regrouped, so as to ensure his experiment was worthwhile. The Doctor hadn't felt this excited about field testing an experiment for a long time. He was ready to unleash the Circle's own warbeasts against them. He had, however, improved them with a little surgery. These anger-filled Gorax's now had a new inbuilt sense to protect him. He was looking forward to seeing the Hippies' reaction when faced by their own kin, and the fact that they would protect him, no matter the cost to their own bodies. The irony, he hoped, would not be lost on the Bearded One.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:17 pm 

More Warmahordes misery for pBaldur last Wednesday as I took on Dave (Mephiston) and his filthy Legion. As always I've pretty much forgotten what he took but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he took Rhyas as his caster and some big killing machine called Typhon (not altogether sure on the rest of his list but I'm sure he may post it up).

Dave had explained that it wasn't a 'usual' type of Legion list, with a lot less Eyeless Sight knocking around than normal (I have to admit I was pretty pleased at this news :D ). So, with the preliminary dice rolled, off we went.

Turn 1 had the whole of the Legion force charging forward (well it looked like that from my side of the board) and with a lot of Ogrun's (?), that all seemed pretty intimidating. The Circle tried to hold the tide, while looking to exploit gaps and flaws in Dave's plans (you wont be surprised that my tactical play was at best, telegraphed most of the time) and Dave slowly began to take a strong foothold of the game as the turns tumbled by.

With the victory almost assured Dave went for the final play, clear the Argus and take down Baldur, but to the Legion's horror the pesky 2 headed beast decided to stick around leaving the Legion warlock susceptible to a charge of my own.

The last play was simple, the final Ogrun finished off the annoying Argus leaving Baldur the attack on Rhyas (?), a charge wasn't an option as it would leave me open to a free strike from the Ogrun so a teleportation was in order and Baldur promptly appeared next to the Legion warlock. The first two attacks yielded 12 points of damage (Dave could have transferred at any time but held his nerve, worried about that one big huge damage roll). But my Fury was low and if I wanted to force Dave's one transfer I would have to attack unboosted, and my luck finally ran out..............

With Riposte the enemy warlock retaliated and my gambit had failed.

A great game and almost a chance at victory (believe me, it's been a long time since the last chance :lots of love: ), although it was down to Dave's risky play rather than any clever play of my own. I look forward to the rematch against a very sporting opponent.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:47 pm 

With pBaldur on an inglorious run of 0/0/4 for the year, it's probably time for a change.

And with that, it's now come to the moment to call time on the Argus and it's involvement with pBaldur. Everything else is all starting to fit together (albeit very slowly), but the two-headed beastie just seems an anomaly within any list I play with pBaldur. So, a beast is dropped and for now (until I can play the pBaldur tier list at least) I'm replacing it with a Blackclad Wayfarer and the Minion solo Lanyssa Ryssyll. I'm hoping this will give me a few new tactical plays, although I will be possibly at a disadvantage with just two heavy warbeasts (yet the WoldGuardian and Megalith are capable of generating 7 Fury between them which I think is more than enough at 35pt games).

Anyone got any views, post them up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:35 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
I (unsurprisingly ) have no experience with either. But your Lanyssa is painted schamazing. .. so play her and see how it changes your game :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:52 pm 
Donor

Can you take a Gorax in the Tier?

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:24 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Gorax model is poop. Really like the argus, any reason as to why it isn't working?

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:16 pm 

No, not really :lots of love: . The only thing I can think of is it feels like a 'filler' model within the list and therefore I tend not to give it my full attention (throwing it away cheaply rather than doing something clever with it).

Good question.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:19 pm 

So, since my last post pBaldur has had a couple more games, but did he win one of said games I hear you shout. Read on intrepid reader, read on............

Firstly, list build. A couple of changes saw the Argus dropped in favour of the Blackclad Wayfarer and Lanyssa Ryssyll. This meant:

pBaldur +6

Megalith 11
WoldGuardian 9

Druids + UA 9
Stoneward & WoldStalkers 5
Shifting Stones + Stone Keeper 3

Blackclad Wayfarer 2
Lanyssa Ryssyll 2

Both games would be against a 35pt Dr. Arkadius tier list played by Matt While.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 26 of 27   [ 397 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next