Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Caspia Sul Incursions - Call to Arms Tour 4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:52 pm 
Still confused. That suggests that you can only play 1 week of the 5 which i am sure is incorrect?! How many more weeks.....?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:54 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 3
League Champion (3)
I think from what Helen's saying (sorry if I get this wrong)
The campaign runs for 8 weeks in total - a player can count games played in 5 of those 8 weeks for their league points. In each of those 5 chosen weeks you can have multiple games counting for league points.
Also judging by recent post, the weeks are:
Week 4 - Thurs 20
Week 5 - Thurs 27
Week 6 - Thurs 4
Week 7 - Thurs 11
Week 8 - Thurs 18

However, that's just my interpretation of what Helen's said so far so by no means gospel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:06 pm 
Got it in one Paul :) sorry for the confusion guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:28 am 
Pictures from my first league game against Crazy Tom (and the MJ1 substitution) for those of you who like that sort of thing!! Follow this link to get to the download (which is much smaller than my recent efforts having optimised the pics for web!):

http://herdofnerds.weebly.com/warmachinehordes.html

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (3)
Nice pics.

Steve, as you were talking about Circle selection options, this may be of use:
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?showtopic=107786

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:28 pm 
So...the league closes in a few weeks. Can't remember if I have played in 2 or 3 weeks....but judging form the earlier posts in this thread I am OK to play in all of the remaining weeks as I was a late starter?! OMG do you have track of this sort of stuff Helen? Do the weeks run Monday to Monday? :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:01 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (3)
Right - the wrecking ball of vengeance is ready to be let loose this Thursday, srcrawled crudely on the side is the word 'Nobby' could it be a sign?! :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:27 pm 
Nobby no I haven't been tracking how many weeks you've played in but I should be able to work it out if you need me to from the PM's of the results. The weeks run Thurs to Thurs.

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:53 pm 
KayG wrote:
Guys this Thursday ie today is day one of week 4. If you've not played up till now you need to play every week from now on. Similarly for those of you who have played you need to think which week's you're not going to play. I'm in tonight for any queries regarding the league but won't be around irl next week as I'm down in Bristol. I should still be able to answer questions on here though.

This applied to me I have worked out so i can play every week!!! Yippee!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:55 pm 
Paul wrote:
Right - the wrecking ball of vengeance is ready to be let loose this Thursday, srcrawled crudely on the side is the word 'Nobby' could it be a sign?! :P

Oh really.....

.....well er.....how do you get that lurgy???? :shock: :?

NOT!!! BRING IT ON!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:40 am 
Well.....another marathon 4 hour 1,000 point battle that was great fun against Helen last night!!

It was a painful map with water everywhere! I thought I was doing OK until helen announced that if she had not forgotten to activate her feat on Turn 3 she would have won the gameunder the primary victory conditions as 3 of her light cavalry (read that as Forumla 1 drivers = 200 mph!!!!) could have made base contact with the building and made a total of 6 attacks against it!!!

Anyway survived that situation and managed to kill/rout them and the other units nearby (although one unit has a sneaky - when you kill me something else replaces me and can activate straight away and its much harder so best you dont kill too many of me!!), so the right flank started to look OK when one of her Warbeasts did a slam attack against Lich Lord Terminus and knocked him off the board and out of play. GVSteve we really need to learn those rules!!!! Didn't know how those rules worked so wasn't expecting it! Hadn't done anything with him....major blow!!!!!! That was the start of the creation of a gap on the left flank allowing Helens units to get to the building and win with primary victory conditions. Just before she did I had done everything I could to kill her unit and managed to kill 60% of what she had left but they didn't rout and won. If there had been a rout it would have been a whole different ball game....maybe!!

All in all an excellent game played against the Games Vault's top WM/H Pressganger so I feel that losing to her in this way was an excellent way of learning.

Note for Helen: slight technical question here.....the scenario special rules state:

"A trooper model in base contact with the opposing player’s Bunker may make a special action to sack the bunker."

and...

"Primary Victory Condition: A player wins a primary victory when he sacks the bunker on his opponent’s side of the table five times in a single turn."

I don't think that a caster counts as a Trooper - might be a draw after all!!! What do you think?

And that was the reason I was trying to kill all of your Troopers by the way!!

Cheers and thank you

Nobby :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 am 
Motor Mouth

Nobby wrote:
I thought I was doing OK until helen announced that if she had not forgotten to activate her feat on Turn 3 she would have won the gameunder the primary victory conditions as 3 of her light cavalry (read that as Forumla 1 drivers = 200 mph!!!!) could have made base contact with the building and made a total of 6 attacks against it!!!

[snip]

"A trooper model in base contact with the opposing player’s Bunker may make a special action to sack the bunker."

and...

"Primary Victory Condition: A player wins a primary victory when he sacks the bunker on his opponent’s side of the table five times in a single turn."

Also I was led to believe that a model could only make single special action per turn so I don't know how three troopers could have made six attacks?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:35 pm 
i fink peet is rite a modal can only make 1 speshal ack a turn and it normaly kost fokus/ fury. not shore how troops stand?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:12 pm 
OK this has been dealt with between me and Nobby. Given it was 0030 by the time we finished we both believed at the time that it was an Attack required against the building not a Special Action, but yes I did miss that it required troopers not my caster. That said both parties agreed on it at the time.

On a slight side note though, IMHO this is not the place to raise issues like this. If people, and that goes for everyone, have queries or disputes it should be raised in PM's or in person. If a resolution cannot be reached between the two parties, both should contact me for a final ruling. Posting here has a massive potential for putting people's noses out of joint and for creating a lot of bad feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:18 pm 
:oops:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next