Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 48 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Unofficial, official predictions thread Season 10
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
With this years Div 1 and Div 2 being up... and a Hankering to get on with the season... lets promote a discussion :)

Both div1 + 2 look really difficult to predict this year... but i will have a punt none the less.

1 Pitchblack - With no stunties or High elves to drop points to this time around and the blessing of Nuffle Last years cup winner will pip His opposition to the post.

2 The deep deep Ocean - Also blessed by the love of nuffle but the blessing and curse of rediculous TV and a losing track record vs the necro's 2 in a row might just be a step too far.

3 Ruthless reptiles - With an 18 point slaughter of last seasons "group of death" and all that strenght to back his aggressive play style up, a winning record for the rookie.

4 Immortals - The ever present one to Div 1 will lose too many points to that crucial 2+ roll... The only thing I don't understand is how he still looks shocked when it invariably turns up.

5 Les Bleurgh - Great coach, but the ball just never drops for him.... and then its "bring the pain"

6 The Ladies in red - Sorry Rayner, but a bashy leage and the elves cant not roll 8's..

Div 2 to follow

Post subject: Re: Unofficial, official predictions thread Season 10
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:01 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Division 1

1/ Les Blues - Cream always rises to the top. Even with a bloated bench and no Craig.

2/ Pitchblack Stealers - Pipped again. Needs to open up the playstyle and be a bit less predictable. May lose out again on TDCAS difference.

3/ Ocean's Elven - Proper competition sees them fall away. Coach turns the air blue in the style of Gazza.

4/ In Cold Blood - No pressure on Mike, but I expect him to avoid relegation without seriously challenging for the top spot.

5/ Immortals - Going out on a whimper. 3 great players, rest of the team is not up to scratch. Would probably finish higher with a different team.

6/ 'Gettes - Good coach, but playing with a high TV team that will struggle to cope with the demands of another gruelling season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Division 2

1/ Severance - Never lost a league game last season, and as his team gets better the draws will turn into wins.

2/ Pride and Prejudice - As Tallerguy learns the game, the results will improve. Will probably peak at the right moment (ie when he's in the top division).

3/ Orc' Estrated Madness - Will need to batter the other teams to make life easier. Will need a few more skills to really compete.

4/ Going Underworld - With a season under his belt now, I expect more from the Beardy One. He needs to channel the power of the 'Flings into the Underworld.

5/ Black Rock Reapers - With more of an interest in creating the ultimate Gobbo ever to grace the BB fields, points may be in short supply.

6/ Warpstuff Wodents - It'll all depend on some big money round events coming to aid the required re-building. Will pull off audacious plays, but ultimately fail to bring home the points. This could all change with some money in the bank. Could retain his MWNN award though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:57 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
So... Division 2

1 Severence - as they build they will only grow stronger, not enough scary bash to really hurt them.. BigBadBob for a cruise to victwa

2 Mad Orcs - The lune is getting a handle on these bad boys, and with some armour 7 to chew up... a solid 2nd

3 Pride and all that - the ladies start strong, but tackle will grow through the league and they might end painful.

4 Crazy orcs - Fighting some underdeveloped lower tier teams Paulus will steal some tasty points.

5 Underworld Rats - the unpredictability of the underpowered but good potential of the ratgobs = Pete could finish 5th and have a reasonable chance of getting pounded Or could comfortably place 2nd

6 The proper rats. Its hard to defend the ball when your are +8 fouling the underworld troll to death....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Division 1 - Even with a bloated TV I still see the 'panto villain' retaining his crown, this time with less of the controversial elements that marred his previous triumph. Jar Jar will be his closest challenger but will draw to many games, while the rest will all take points off each other to be serious contenders.

Division 2 - He struggled to get to grips with them last season but I think Chris will improve his Orc playing skills and clinch a closely fought title fight with Bob's Elves (Chris coming out on top in the head-to-head rounds which will prove decisive).

Division 3 - Munson + an AG team will probably hit the ground running and pull away from the rest of the pack fairly quickly. He may get pegged back during the latter half of the season but I expect him to have enough to edge over the finishing line first.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
And onto Div3

Honestly.... No idea :D but i'm going to stab in the dark (this one may be slightly more random)

1) Mega-city wolf delivery .. Proper team, proper player, Tizzy fits aside he's defo got it in the tank to win this div... but will he?? :)

2) Snake in the grass.. Munson playing dark elves, to be honest I've only seen him on the wrong end of an elf v fling exchange... but they are dark elves and experience has shown a blind man with 1 finger trying to control his models through his guide dog can win with armour 8 elves :lots of love:

3) something chargers .. by extension ... you need only be partially sighted to win with armour 7 elves also Go Meph Go!!

4) hey hey its the monkeys.. Its Matt, he'll win a lot derr :P

5) Contagion ... the leagues most beautiful ugly team, Robin concept, GonkMachine delivery. Starts Hard, builds stupid, wont win as much as matt... cos I'm not matt :D

6) Munchin Luncheon - Finn... sorry young chap but you start as hard as Me and Matt,,,, but lack the experience of us both

7) Mill wallofdeath - Ogres, stunties nuff said

8) Dav hawks. - Gobbo's . Tom's the man, but will retain his wooden spoon . . . Gobbo's could be in for a world of hurt given the opposition this season

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Div 1

Too tight to call and I think it will end up,

Jar Jar and big Mo scrapping for 1st and 2nd and the rest of us scrapping for 3rd to 6th :shock:

Div 2

Orcs - they will be starting to get smashy this season
Severence - the orcs may be too much for them
Crazy Ladies - tallerguy may even sneak second spot
Black Orcs - Paulus plays for fun and 1 turners
Wodents - Al will pick up points this season, I hope manages to rebuild as he will run riot with a full squad
Underworld - Sorry Pete, teams this season will either be to tricksy, too bash or just bonkers

Div 3

My money would be on the Dark Elves being pushed all the way by Macabre, the rest will be fighting for scraps :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 pm 
Div 1

Rayner #1
Gary #2
me last.

Div 2

TallerRob #1

Div 3

Matt #1

Im putting myself last as I am unlikely to be able to make many wednesdays this season due to short staff and 11am to 11pm shifts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:10 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Draven wrote:
I'm putting myself last as I am rubbish.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 pm 
Cant argue with someone who has beaten me twice. :( Why dont you try to win the league?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:49 pm 
Motor Mouth

Matches don't have to played at the club, or even on a Wednesday. My first match this season is at home on a Tuesday night. This pre-emptive excuse will not wash.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:51 pm 
as someone who (I believe) is local to Daventry good for you!

GVS is being very silent on the pms for an alternative arrangement...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Draven wrote:

You're better off cutting out the middleman and arranging his games with Mrs Gamesvault. lots of love.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 pm 
mattwhile wrote:
Draven wrote:

You're better off cutting out the middleman and arranging his games with Mrs Gamesvault. lots of love.

You could be right :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:22 pm 
Div 1: Ogres
Div 2: Ogres
Div 3: Ogres

Sorted.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 48 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next