Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 'Ultimate team of death'
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:13 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
You couldn't have that more wrong, I sold the team after what I did to finn... to quote Bigshow "I didn't like the person I become when I play this team"

and I started this thread after the shutout no contest WIN! vs daventrys finest

And your previous statement is somewhat true due to... see above quote

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:08 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
sparkydave wrote:
...to quote Bigshow "I didn't like the person I become when I play this or any game"

Fixed for you. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:10 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
Well that's easily fixed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Bloodbowl gets tetchy, loving it. Season 11 should go nuclear :wink: .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:10 pm 
Speech Writer

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
gazza wrote:
Bloodbowl gets tetchy, loving it. Season 11 should go nuclear :wink: .

It will when "The thirteen suns" start laying the smack down! 8) What you taking gazza?

Six strength 5 players........definitely cheating

Mv 7.......essentially cheating

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
sparkydave wrote:
Well that's easily fixed
Don't be so dramatic. :roll:

sparkydave wrote:
and I started this thread after the shutout no contest WIN! vs daventrys finest
Try to remember that you give as good as you get. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:42 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Medals: 2
League Champion (2)
Dave is one of the finest players I have ever met, certainly a damn site better sport than I am. first game into our second season together and I reduced him to 2 men on the field... did he moan? not once! and low and behold I was using *gasp* :O CLAW and MIGHTY BLOW. how dare I! I think the perspectives are well out tbh, matt if u had built ur team that way the shoe could just as easily have been on the other foot. and I know u wouldn't be crying about that. it seems Dave has a conscience and because of this he has considered dropping his team. I personally think its a shame that once again peoples opinions seem to have influenced another players right to play how the Coventry they want. as a club and a league we chose to return to the old rules, now u all suffer the consequences and cry like little girls. would I like to be demolished that way? absolutely not, but it is after all a game and crap happens, u deal with it and move on... or in this case whine... a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
I don't feel that I 'm crying like a little girl :roll: . I never really said much on the matter until Robin started saying about the shoe being on the other foot. I've already lost to him 3 or 4-0 with Khemri v High Elves. I've zero problem losing, it is just a game. That game was far more enjoyable even though I felt the Round Event was in Dave's favour and he couldn't fail a dice roll. Fair play to him, he played well and deserved the win. This game by comparison was a non-event, IMO.

I also haven't built my Nurgle team that way for a reason. I want the games to be fun, but also competitive and challenging.

At the end of the day Aaron, you can sing Dave's praises all you like, but he flipped out last season and asked someone to change their dice midway through a game. Does that sound like a good sport?

And I've posted that Dave should continue to play the Chaos if he wants to, but we might tone down the Claw skill. When we decided to drop the NTBB, Plasmoid suggested that we keep the CRP+ part of it. This was the part that included the nerf to Claw, but without the roster changes. He had no reason to suggest that for his own gain.......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:25 pm 
Speech Writer

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
mattwhile wrote:
This game by comparison was a non-event, IMO.

I felt like that with draven who had one mb player the previous game to my last. I know i'm new but it is a game governed by a large part of luck, although you have to make it in all fairness. Claw or not if your dice aren't playing ball you are screwed. I think it purely comes down to a race's strengths and weaknesses, without claw chaos are fairly mundane. They aren't particularly good at anything but killing, without that that they are largely unviable.

As for the dice thing I offered draven my dice last game because his were terrible and he used mine for 75% of the game. His luck changed substantially with them and I have no issue with that, at the end of the day it's luck based as previously stated and it's also in the rules.

Back to the point of claw, if chaos didn't have it then they have no access to dodge etc except on a double. They would get there arse kicked, Their only defense is offense really imo, the same as nurgle are denial and lizzies/khemri rely on str and elves ag. Against the likes of largely av7 khemri it's a lot of bloated tv as well.

As for sparky being a good sport I spanked him with khemri vs pact (bit of a dicing if i'm honest) the other day and he just laughed it off like a boss :lots of love:

Last edited by Lemmiwinks on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:03 pm 
Donor

Medals: 3
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
Drazgon wrote:
I personally think its a shame that once again peoples opinions seem to have influenced another players right to play how the h e c k they want.

Seriously, there's two players in every game and it should be fun, I actually like the fact that Dave asked for opinions and is using that to make his decision. He can see into their development and realise they can be an unpleasant team that will have a negative impact on the league, the risk of getting players squished is part of the fun of the game (I've had a few with this lot) but too much of it and it's detrimental to the team building side of things.

I already said that I'd play his team when he gets to Div 1, but it wouldn't be enjoyable, not because of Dave (I'm playing him in a friendly next week) but because of the team style. Despite what Mike says, chaos is certainly viable without going down the CPOMB route, it is less efficient though. Chaos warriors have several choices with block/guard/tackle/mighty blow/stand firm all being good (not even considering doubles or mutations). The Beastmen probably drop guard but add ball handling skills and more use from the mutations.

We should have an influence on each other, if anyone is spoiling the fun for whatever reason we as a community should help fix it. I'm not saying for a moment Dave is spoiling the fun right now but he's obviously concerned about where the team was heading.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:11 pm 
Donor

Medals: 3
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
mattwhile wrote:
At the end of the day Aaron, you can sing Dave's praises all you like, but he flipped out last season and asked someone to change their dice midway through a game. Does that sound like a good sport?

Careful Matt, you wouldn't play me with the red VaultCon dice remember, I even tested them for an entire game verifying they weren't broken.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:57 pm 
Speech Writer

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
TalonBay wrote:
[ Despite what Mike says, chaos is certainly viable without going down the CPOMB route, it is less efficient though

Fair comment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:16 am 
Donor

League Champion (1)
I walked away from bloodbowl because the winning became more important to me than having fun. Now I probably game more than any of you, but I play casual board games where i always play to do well (otherwise you break the game) but my primary concern is making sure that everyone around the table has a good time.

I think that your build will greatly aid your winning, I'm just not sure how much fun you and your opponent will be having... Isn't that the most important thing?

You're not playing with anonymous internet people. You're not playing with randoms at a tourney (where the social contract is win at all costs.) You are playing in a league with friends.

I think it comes down to your priorities, Dave.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:05 am 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
I agree, that's why I have dropped them... but I had to try them, and now can we maybe put this to bed?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:24 am 
Bigshowfan wrote:
Now I probably game more than any of you,

I love it :)

Bigshowfan wrote:
but my primary concern is making sure that everyone around the table has a good time

Good :)

imho Bloodbowl and most GW products arent the same as Board games or RP games. BB/warhammer/LOTR/40k invokes/attracts a different kind of player expectation than Settlers, BSG, Carcassonne, Bang!, Zombicide, Zombies, LNOE, D&D4Ed "boardgames", Descent, Arkham Horro, 7 wonders, Pandemic, Chaos in the old world, Space Alert, Ticket to Ride, Munchkin, and my favourite Dune.

The GW games bring out a passionate response and competitiveness which has negative qualities attached. Throw in a perpetual league and you add in caring. You play a board game and you only care about that game and most games arent "pvp" so it is about a group experience. I have some friends that cant deal with playing BSG due to the betrayal nature of it. In a head to head style of game without banter (which slows the game down) it is easy to get tunnel vision towards victory. I lost against Lemmiwinks which wasnt fun, but the banter in the room was very fun and made the game enjoyable.

I guess this thread although going off topic between Matt and Dave towards the end, was trying to address this "fun" and "competition" aspects. Its competitive to have CPOMB, its not fun for your opponent. As this is/was a competition I am behind the rules which currently include CPOMB as it is.

/Early morning waffle off.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next