Option 4 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Option 5 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Bounties Poll!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:29 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Medals: 2
League Champion (2)
Having noticed that a the bounties have had very little interest within the league for the past few seasons I wanted to ask for everyone's input going forward...

Original rulings were that the amount of money placed in the bounty went to the team responsible for the injury. This meant money rarely left the league and with an excessive amount of high armoured teams it seemed to favor the bash teams quite heavily as they had very little to spend their cash on what with players not dying and all! eventually it didn't matter if they lost their entire team they could simply buy a new one and start again they had so much in the bank.
This is not an option i like much tbh, people would stock pile money and while some teams (im thinking you fragile expensive elf players) could do with a large sum in the bank others would stockpile the money which doesn't seem quite right to me.

We then went to the current system explained in the bounties thread where for each 50k bounty the player responsible for the casualty gained 1spp.
I like this version, It suits all teams and has equal benefit. however it seems that since introducing this system the bounties have barely been noticed. It has also been noticed that nobody wants to part with any cash in their bank to place new ones... This I do kind of understand, with the only financial increases to your teams coming from games its hard for players to keep their teams running, especially with the bash heavy environment of the DVBBL

What i would like to do its offer a couple of alternatives which im hoping will spark some renewed interest in bounties. Please feel free to discuss openly your opinions on the subject and vote according to what you feel will benefit the league and not just your own team. re-voting is allowed so as to encourage a healthy debate.

Please bare in mind that i want to renew interest in the bounties here so whatever option chosen by the majority I will try to implement in the following season, and if any other suggestions could be made then feel free to throw them in there.

Option 1 - Go back to the original system with one change... the money is halved, having donated the unclaimed half to the league and various other charitable organisations.
Again, not overly keen on the money thing, its needed by some but will inevitably be stockpiled by the wrong teams.

Option 2 - We give people the choice. They may choose between taking half money as per the previous suggestion... or they can take the full amount awarded in SPP as per the current system.
Heading in the right direction here i think

Option 3 - We give people the choice. They may choose between taking half money as per the previous suggestion... or they can take the full amount awarded in SPP as per the current system. BUT... if the team receiving the bounty has a team treasury higher than an agreed amount, I suggest 250-300k he must then always take the SPP so as to reduce money stockpiling again, in addition any bounties that take a teams treasury over the agreed amount must by cycled back into the bounty system on a player of their choosing.
Complicated, and a bit more work involved, however i think that is about as 'middle ground' as you can get with regards the concerns over finances and keeping the bounty system alive.

Option 4 - Leave it as it is.

Option 5 - Go back to the original system where money and only money is received in the full amount.

Post subject: Re: Bounties Poll!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 pm 

League Champion (2)
Ladies and gentlemen, with an overwhelming response to this poll I would just like to remind all those who are interested that this poll will come to an end in the not too distant future so if anyone else would like an input please feel free to vote now.

As it stands Option 2 - We give people the choice. They may choose between taking half money as per the previous suggestion... or they can take the full amount awarded in SPP as per the current system, will be the new and hopefully more encouraging form of bounty reward heading into next season.

Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Bounties Poll!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:17 pm 

League Champion (2)
This poll is now closed with Option 2 being voted in. The new bounties Thread has begun.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]