Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: All Seasons - Colour Coded teams.. A great idea.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 pm 
Not that I expect any others to do the same, in the instance of my 2 witch elves, one is huge (st4) and one is small (st3) and is topless (armor deduction) :)

Sparky is right tho those examples arent solved by coloured bases. The fact that my opponent(s) can clearly see purple for my witch elves that most experienced bb players know have frenzy, can help them to remember to stay away from the sidelines.

If I could (for example) clearly see a skaven gutter runner, it would influence my positioning knowing that they got a high move and can make a run for it so spacing some tacklers back is to my advantage.
If I could clearly (for example) see mummies I can keep a 3 square minimum distance from them at a glance. Or blitzing what looks like a ghoul only to find out its actually a wight, could have influence my decision to take a wrestler on the blitz or not.

I tend to do a "meet the team" before each match anyway high lighting the positional differences if nothing else.

The worst or should I correctly say slowest game was against some orcs who had numbers on the back of their models. Every turn, what number is that :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Medals: 2
League Champion (2)
like i say really its the conversions and some of the GW models are just tooo similar, and at this point its abviously worth identifying the possitional with colours. some teams simply dont need it tho. and it seems that some people are having more trouble with numbers being unclear than getting the possitional wrong. colours dont help this.

Draven, your team are all conversions, which look great and are easily identifyable for u personally because thats the way u designed them. but for ur opponent who doesnt know ur team, colours are usefull. same with Al and his skaven, as they all look the same being GW, colours would help.

some are so blatently obvious why would u ever bother? how many times do u hear the question is, 'is that a skink or a saurus?'
im not suggesting its a problem to do it, but a little common sense helps too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm 
Ive not played lizards. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:07 pm 

League Champion (2)
i guess the point is im not going to go out and buy half a dosen different colours to label my team x,y,z when the other identifyable attributes easily do that for u. i have black, white and a brush simply for numbers, if my numbers are not easily read i will happily redo them for the future. but nobody has ever had a problem telling what is what while playing my teams.

i dont know if anyone remembers the skaven conversion i did a while back but they had different colourd bases to ID the possitionals, because they were not the traditional models. made sense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:36 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
I have been asked "is that a vampire" bearing in mind that all of my thralls are nuns I'm not sure that colours will help some people out at all.

Draven is correct in his belief that the colours don't help with particular skills however they do help with identifying their role.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:37 pm 
Harroguk wrote:
I have been asked "is that a vampire" bearing in mind that all of my thralls are nuns I'm not sure that colours will help some people out at all.

haha, you probably broke their concentration.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:05 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
research who you play and learn fast. I know my team you should know yours... be honest with who has what. if your just playing to win your not the best player, simple!

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:59 am 

League Champion (2)
can i suggest that Rayner changes his name to Ragnar the Philosipher?

in all seriousness i agree, i always do a 5 min prep before a start my game just to get to know what im facing, its a sound idea.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 am 
No amount of prep can help you if you cant marry up the numbers with the models :) I tend to prep a lot if I have time before the match.

I liked this post and its ideas, hence the bump to see if it had been forgotten or outdated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:49 am 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
I have colour codes and numbers on the front of the base which I always turn to face the opponent at the end of my turn. I have initials on the back so I learn my players names. I call all skills when I use them including stat upgrades so people know whats going on, I also reel off all a players skills if asked or if i think they would want/need to know. Most of the time I remind the other player of their own skills aswell. With the new ip rules I do counter mantiance aswell just like everyones dad! lots of love. Next i'll be telling you how to play and where the weak spot in my defence is aswell as my plan for the next turn.....lots of love

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:56 am 

League Champion (2)
Draven wrote:
No amount of prep can help you if you cant marry up the numbers with the models :) I tend to prep a lot if I have time before the match.

I liked this post and its ideas, hence the bump to see if it had been forgotten or outdated.

again tho if ur concern is numbers then colours do not help. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:15 am 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Draven wrote:

as has been pointed out, find anther way to identify them if colour or numbers arn't there or clear ie 12 is arm up, 13 is arm down somtimes that has to be the case. I agree it shouldn't be but the whole point of the original post was to make people think about the other player knowing whats what easily therefore speeding up the game and making it more relaxed and fun.

BlackPowder - French

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3