Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 63 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Assignment 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Nicole wrote:
The GM making rolls in secret is one of the fun things about this, at least for me, along with not knowing our statlines - so making my own rolls would detract from the novelty of this style a bit. I very much enjoyed this little experiment and really do wish it wasn't quite such a drain on your time. I agree with Helen - a helper might...well, help. I would volunteer but I think it would rather spoil my ability to play my character!

I'm with Nicole here, no stat lines and no dice rolls is what really made this good as a player. It kept people away from power gaming and let them concentrate more on role playing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Assignment 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 pm 
bigmaddrongo wrote:
bigmaddrongo wrote:
Should also clarify, Pepe will be pulling an all-nighter to write up his findings.

FWIW, did my all-nighter actually produce a report?

[bluff] What are you talking about? Your results are right there. [/bluff]

Post subject: Re: Assignment 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:03 am 
Like everyone else has said the best part of all this is not knowing your statline and concentrating more on the role playing and the character. It means you learn your strengths and weaknesses as you go along, much like your character would upon going to the Academy, and you can concentrate on the role playing and not on power gaming which tends to ruin RPGs faster than anything in my limited experience.

The main problem seems to finding a way of reducing the workload, 2 to 3 hours a night is far too much for one person to do. The only things I can can think off are to look for some assistant GMs and find ways to reduce the overall workload, maybe rebalance things to encourage co-operation between players, if this should reduce the workload, or perhaps as suggested reduce the number of actions people can take to every other day or something similar.

Thanks for an excellent little campaign you ran, it was good fun and hopefully this will inspire you to do something similar in the future

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 63 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5