Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Assignment 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:27 pm 
Things happen over the weekend, but since you largely go your separate ways, you don't keep too close track on the others.

Come Monday morning, Ms Herridan (your lecturer) doesn't actually turn up. Instead, a TA enters the room and collects the reports, then announces that Ms Herridan has left a message saying that she "won't be in on time today, but might be around later, maybe."

Your other shared class today is with Ms Callahan, a woman who appears to be more scar tissue than person. "When you're out there knee deep in gore and too tired to lift your sword again, you'll know how important it is to make every stab count. Get the Coventry out of my class, and don't come back until you can tell me the seven most effective ways to kill a Fleder before it returns the favour. You've got till Wednesday next week."

Out of Character:
Marks will come later this evening. Now, I must nom. Also, it's funny to make you wait :P

Post subject: Re: Assignment 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:36 pm 
To the library! There's bound to be an encyclopaedia of monsters in there that will serve as a decent starting point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm 
Sometime mid-afternoon, Ms Herridan is still nowhere to be seen, but the same TA that collected your reports posts the following on the noticeboard.

The Results wrote:
Assignment 1: Keldstone Keep

Gung Hao: 2/5. A reasonable first effort. Next time cite your sources.
Pepe le Meh: 4/5. Could have been a 5 with a little less reliance on secondary sources. You're here to be an adventurer, not a scholar.
Dee Sixsneak: 4/5. Good use of fieldwork and supplementary materials.
Heinrich Torst 3/5. Well-balanced work, but could use some depth next time.
Rania Culloch: 3/5. Good quotes and citations, more fieldwork required.
Logain Reaht: 1/5. The report was on the history of the keep, not how to defend it.
Moon Jones: 3/5. A reasonable effort. More preliminary research needed.

Out of Character:
You gain XP equal to your score. This is in addition to any you may have already gained. Remember you can only train one thing at a time, regardless of the cost, and that it takes a full day to do so.

Post subject: Re: Assignment 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:46 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Gung will return to the Nerds who "helped" him with the last assignment to find out how they enjoyed the "Study Group" after letting them know that there is another one in the works for a couple of weeks time he will ask them what in the Coventry a Fleder is and if they know of any "Authority" on them?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm 
Motor Mouth

Despite Pepe's difficulties in the labyrinth, he feels sure that the visit was of some use and believes that he has found a method of enhancing the strength of his magic by subtly altering the incantations required. With some experimentation he feels sure that this can be applied to all of his spells.

Out of Character:
Spending 3XP and one day to gain the Spellpower talent

Last edited by bigmaddrongo on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm 
3/5! Woohoo!

"Just put in what you can," my Mum always says, "Decidedly average is better than a complete failure."

So.... more 'preliminary research' needed. Booooo! That means more time in the stuffy library place. Ah well, best get to it. I'll try it for the whole day this time, if I don't die of boredom. Bet I can't even toke in there, either... *grumble mumble* What the heck is a Fleder, anyway? *grumble mumble*.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 pm 
Motor Mouth

Out of Character:
I'm possibly slightly confused, but is today's "action" handing in the old and being issued with the new, or are we going to get a resolution on what we've each posted today before tomorrow's action occurs?

edit: never mind, forgot how late it was when I posted this. Resolution tomorrow I imagine then :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:56 am 
Out of Character:
I wasn't sure about that myself, in all honesty. Comes with taking the weekend off, I suppose.
But we'll run with this, anyway - there's over a week available for this one, and if I have missed a day, everyone has so it's still fair.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 am 
Well after a well earned day off I shall start by hitting the library today and doing a little directed reading on our Fleder friends.

Out Of Character wrote:
I have limited internet access at times so I may not always be able to check in. When this is the case assume that Heinrich is busy skulking around campus in a mood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 am 
Nicole wrote:
To the library! There's bound to be an encyclopaedia of monsters in there that will serve as a decent starting point.

(Just in case it gets buried in posts from yesterday - this is still the plan.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 am 
Daremonai wrote:
Out of Character:
I wasn't sure about that myself, in all honesty. Comes with taking the weekend off, I suppose.
But we'll run with this, anyway - there's over a week available for this one, and if I have missed a day, everyone has so it's still fair.

Out of Character:
So does this mean all the actions we posted last night (Monday) are being taken as today's (Tuesday's) actions, and therefore I don't need to post any more actions until tomorrow (Wednesday)?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm 
Motor Mouth

Out of Character:
That's how I've interpreted it.

Also: Ninja, I am off to WOMAD tomorrow. While I expect to still be able to keep up with the game you may get posts from me at odd times as shifts dictate. If I have crappy signal I may just have to text you instead - is that ok?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 pm 
Out of Character:
yeah, texting is fine if you're away from the interwebs. I don't know if I'll be able to text you the results though - depends on what happens.

Incidentally, just so we don't all fall into the routine of "I study/I study/I go out/etc", it may be worth noting that while hard work may pay off in the end, a little skullduggery and inventiveness can pay off too. (see the Study Group thread for an example)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:44 pm 
Immediately after class is dismissed, everyone goes their separate ways, except for Rania, who is held back and berated by Callaham for "having a weapon that looks about as dangerous as a limp handshake".

For most of the rest of you, "your separate ways" seem to lead to the Library, where much research is done into "what the Coventry is a Fleder, anyway?" with varying degrees of success. Once again, Gung doesn't deign to join you and risk getting ink on his hands - perhaps he's off to see if he can drink his way to success again? Rania is notably absent throughout the day, emerging later on covered in bruises and contusions, and Logain heads off to the arena.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm 
Motor Mouth

Wednesday
After his extra-curricular activities yesterday, Pepe decides it would be a good idea to take a look at this week's assignment. First stop will be the library, of course.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next