Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Organising The Study Group
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:54 am 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
With the first assignment under his belt with a respectable result (One that keeps him in school) of 2/5 Gung reflects on the true assignment of last week, organising a start of term party.

Monday
    Monday was the day of receiving the assignment and also the day where Gung decided that it was probably not worth doing, research and fighting are so dull. They are the two things that with the right TALKING you can make other people do for you. So with this in mind Gung checked out his fellow classmates and picked the best of them (Most intelligent looking and strongest) to attend his party, you never know when you will need some brains and some brawn in a future assignment, probably best to keep them onside.

Of the people not invited...
      Moon - Looks to be a bit of a waster really, will probably never amount to much.
      Dee - Something waaaay shifty about her, might be useful later on when a more subtle approach.
      Rania - Quiet. Haven't heard a peep out of her yet.
      Logan - Easily the strongest of the group but not very approachable. Heinrich should be much more malleable.

Tuesday
    Priority 1, venue. The local tavern was always going to be the easiest place to get sorted. On the way to the tavern I met the first of my invitees, a bunch of eye-candy from my Speech-craft class. It was fairly easy to persuade them to come to lunch with me at the tavern and whilst I was there I got to speaking with the owner. The cost of renting the room was slightly over what I wanted however the deal that I was offered to keep us in beer for the night was too good to refuse. All in all 20g out of pocket, but, as my Father would say, "Its and investment in my future".

Wednesday
    I worked really hard today to up the list of invitees. Its tough at a new school when you need to quickly work out who is popular and who isn't. I took the safe bet that the beautiful girls in the coffee shop would all be part of the popular crowd so spent a while chatting to them about this "exclusive" party, it took a bit of persuasion but eventually they seemed keen and very aware that this was a study group in name only. This should at least quell Pepe's fears that this is going to be a "Sausage Fest"

The Jocks at the athletics field were much more responsive to my invite, the twin promise of alcohol and girls drawing them in easily.

The final clique of people I approached was the most important. This was my key to passing this weeks assignment. I approached a select group of 2nd year nerds, one of them was bound to have taken this class last year and an invite into the popular crowds party may be just what he needs in order to "Tutor" me about the keep. As it turned out they needed very little persuading like the girls they understood immediately what was going on and furnished me with their last year notes.

Thursday
    Having obtained the notes that would help me pass this work it was time to move onward with the organisation of the party. Firstly a trip to the Performing Arts department. Whilst being early in the year there were still a couple of bands touting their abilities to those who would listen. I agreed that for free beer all night I would hire one of the seemingly better bands (I didn't bother to tell them that I was providing the beer for this night anyway ;)) they took this deal like a gift from god and that was my entertainment sorted.

The afternoon was spent in search of bouncers, a rubbish job at best, its no fun standing outside the party turning away the geeks, freaks and weirdos that try to intrude. This led me to the arena to try and play on the ego of some of the bigger guys. This lead me to placing essentially random bets on the big guys who were fighting and then if/when they won strolling over to them and letting them know they had made me some money and I was interested in their services. Whilst not immediately receptive they did turn up on the night and provide an adequate service even if they weren't particularly happy about not receiving a real invite to the party.

Friday
    With the weekend about to start and a hangover inevitable on Saturday today was the only day I had to rewrite the notes in my possession. Whilst I could have locked myself away in my room to do this (and probably got a better mark) I needed to be reachable by the masses who may want to speak to me about tonight. This lead me to the coffee shop where I could answer questions about the party and drop invites to anyone else worthy.

Saturday
    It seems that people are falling into two camps from last nights party. Those that think it was awesome and those that think it was a total failure. Coincidently those people also fall into the two groups of Attendees and Non-Attendees. The number of people who now know who I am and want to know when the next party is tells me that the party was a success.

I also managed to pull quite a bit of information about the assignment from Pepe, seems for all the wine he claims to drink he certainly cant handle his beer. Heinrich however is as dumb as he looks or very good at keeping quiet.

I took the few bits of information I gleaned from the two of them and dropped them into the relevant parts of my assignment. A casual day, the only way to spend the day after a party.

Sunday
    As always Sunday was my day to spend with my Father's Aide whilst it is interesting to meet the dignitaries and businessmen my Father plys his trade with I sometimes get the feeling that I am just as inconvenience. Towards the end of the day I manage to finally get a couple of minutes with my Father and as normal he is whisked away and by way of an apology he gets his Aide to give me my allowance for the week.

Post subject: Re: Organising The Study Group
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:34 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Out of Character:
Hopefully the above is a bit more interesting for everyone to read than "Gung sneaks here and whispers to people". I appreciate that it probably wasn't that interesting for other people to read as it was happening which is why I wrote this.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]