Change font size
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 10   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forum Game - Werewolf
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:37 pm 
Motor Mouth

1. If Stuart were the seer, or the wolves believed he could be the seer, then they would have taken him out last night. Since he was not taken out then it could be assumed that he is a wolf and so was never going to get eaten. It could also be the wolf/ves didn't believe him.

2. Indeed.

3. Then we will find that out after he has been hanged by the neck until dead and we will honour him posthumously. Maybe with some sort of meeple-shaped statue.

4. This does seem like a Ninj thing to do, but he would have been foolish to have missed an opportunity to level the playing field. Unless he is now alone (i.e. there were only two wolves) in which case he may be scared. Or there may be some other random-ability type people out the (like Seer-Stuart allegedly) with some sort of anti-wolf skill or similar.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:01 pm 
Okay - while I'm still not convinced that the the lack of nommings last night isn't some cunning way of setting Stuart up and watching us do their work for them, I have no further counter arguments, nor can I hope to swing the vote by myself.

Might as well Vote Bigshowfan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:05 pm 
Donor

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
I'd like a golden meeple statue please. With a plaque. With "whoops!" engraved on it.

:(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 pm 
Helios wrote:
2) Daremonai is accused, and his only argument against this is 'Stuart's being petty'? Is this not just a little blase and overconfident?

I don't need to counter-argue anything, even against that kind of slight. I am not the werewolf, and if hanged, I shall die righteous and wronged.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm 
It was not a slight, it was an observation. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:16 pm 
No, Bigshowfan was the origin of the slight - to wit, accusing me of being both a werewolf and a liar.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 pm 
Donor

League Champion (1)
Right...

A few facts to mull over...

When Jack made a mistake and (in my mind) revealed himself as a wolf, I made a strong case as to why he should be lynched.

If I were a wolf, I would know that he were a wolf and would therefore not have suggested he die.

The alternative is that Jack and I collaborated - and he 'took one for the team' I refer you to the following evidence...

Jack wrote:
The truth will out Stuart. Lynching me will bring you all nothing but guilt...

I hope the wolves eat you Stuart. Your the worst human ever...

Now, in my mind arrogance is a trait of a werewolf!...

Now, we all know Jack... does this sound like he's playing along? or fighting for his life? And so, when Jack was killed and revealed - my innocence was proven.

We can therefore agree that I am indeed the Seer - and I scouted Daremonai last night (call it a hunch) and identified him as a baddie. We villagers need to come together and eliminate him.

One of two things will happen - I will be lynched and you will find out I was indeed the Seer (in which case you will lynch Daremonai tomorrow)

OR

We make the sensible decision to eliminate Daremonai, and force the wolves to kill me in the night.

KILLING ME IS DOING THE WOLVES WORK FOR THEM! Come on villagers - lets try to win this!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 pm 
I imagine that there was no kill because there is some kind of bodyguard/protector role in play, but could be wrong.

I also imagine that Stuart has been lying for some time, but have no proof.

Oh well. My vote stands.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:29 pm 
This idea that Stuart voting for Jack once he knew he was a wolf could be evidence that Stuart is not a wolf - that's something I hadn't considered and bears thinking about.

HOWEVER:

Bigshowfan wrote:
Now, we all know Jack... does this sound like he's playing along? or fighting for his life? And so, when Jack was killed and revealed - my innocence was proven.

... except you just suggested there could have been collaboration going on, which you have not yet disproven with any of your 'evidence'.

When Jack made his mistake, I understand you witnessed it before he edited his post. At that moment, in your mind, would it not have been a bit too obvious for you to then vote for someone other than Jack? Perhaps there was collaboration because you had no other choice - Jack had effectively revealed himself, and here potentially was your free ride out of lynchville. NOT voting for him would have seemed very strange indeed.

The question now is, which scenario is more likely?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 pm 
Another consideration I've just thought of: Why weren't you bringing this up before? As soon as your neck was on the line again, why weren't you saying "but surely I wouldn't have voted for my own kind to be killed!?" ?

No, all you said was "I don't know how I'm alive, Daremonai's the werewolf! Get him!"

Care to answer that one?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:02 pm 
Donor

League Champion (1)
Life getting in the way of Werewolf is the slightly lame, but ultimately accurate answer...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 pm 
I don't really understand what you mean with that?

But it doesn't matter anyway, because I think I've figured something out.

This may be the most dangerous thing I've done (and may not actually help) but I am changing my vote. Why?

Well, we have wolves amongst us, don't we? So will someone please tell me why in the heck our vote for Stuart is so unanimous?? Why would all the other wolves vote for him? Because they want him dead.

Counter-argument: He's the only wolf left.

Counter-counter-argument: That would mean he and Jack were the only wolves - which then begs the question, why would they kill one of themselves off and leave only Stuart? Doesn't seem like a great tactic to me. I think we have more wolves left, and Stuart could well be telling the truth.

Vote Daremonai.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 pm 
Donor

League Champion (1)
To clarify, I meant my IRL busy-ness stopped me posting.

anyways...HOORAY!

Logic will always win out with sensible people - thanks Helen - lets get this bandwagon pointing in the right direction shall we?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:03 pm 
Doesn't mean I want to pick out curtains or anything just yet, sunshine. You could still be lying about the Seer thing to save your rear - so if you're wrong about Daremonai, so help me I'm... I'm... going to be very cross.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:16 pm 
Donor

League Champion (1)
Sounds fair enough...

If we lynch Dare, and he isn't a wolf, I'll gladly suicide myself :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 10   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next