It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 23   [ 331 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Werewolf Game 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
I thought he said he would be back in time in the sign ups.

Sent from my phone (Excuse my spelling/grammar)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm 
Out of Character:
He did somewhere but I can't find it, was why I left sign ups for all week to give him time to get back from festivaling and before the end of day 1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 pm 
Ok, I have found it - he said in the last game thread that he would be away Wednesday for a week (so presumably to the following wednesday). Julia then said at the beginning of the sign up thread that he could probably still join in, and so he signed up. I'll admit I was a bit vague on the days being discussed myself when I set up the game. As it turns out, he may not be around for nearly all of the first DAY phase that I've set up, so in the interests of fairness, I have taken the executive decision to extend the current DAY phase to Wednesday @ 7pm to try and give him enough time to get home and catch up, should he not be able to access the forums over the weekend.
Nicole, please let him know this if possible, and also please let us know what he says he is able to do while he is away - cheers!

Once again, everyone, the current DAY phase now ends on Wednesday @ 7pm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:53 pm 
Vocal Minority

Well in that case i vote bigmadrongo to get the debate going.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:57 pm 
Donor

Medals: 3
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
One thing I remember from previous disasters is that it's better for the villagers to vote to get a tie on the first day so that no-one gets lynched. We don't have enough info to judge who's a wolf and we're more likely to get a villager (and help the wolves). I say let's try and arrange a non-lynching and anyone switching to change the result at the last minute would be very suspicious.

Anyone disagree with the logic?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:07 pm 
I understand your logic but we do need to rid our selves of the evil ones as they will be taking one of us out each night. So I'm not sure if I agree or not. Hmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
I am a fan of hanging someone. As villagers we have limited attempts to hang wolves, it seems a shame to forfeit one of those.

Sent from my phone (Excuse my spelling/grammar)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:08 am 
Donor

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
Harroguk wrote:
I am a fan of hanging someone. As villagers we have limited attempts to hang wolves, it seems a shame to forfeit one of those.

Wow, that was easy. Lee is a Wolf.

Lee's a bright guy who understands odds and he plays to win. If Jack said that, well, he's in character, or messing, or whatever, but Lee? I don't think so.

I particularly like the attempt to cloud the issue by suggesting we're better off hanging someone (anyone!) because we might run out of attempts! Quick, panic everyone and make the wrong move. With no information we're about 6:1 likely to end up hanging a villager and there's only one group that helps, it's not even a close call.

It's not attempts that we have a limited number of, it's villagers! Lee's suggestion reduces that count. It's a bit like saying I'll give you a tenner if you roll a 6 and you give me a £8 all the other rolls, it absolutely might work every now and then but it's completely not a game you should play.

So, my suggestion? Lynch Lee. Best case I'm right and we just got a wolf, worst case Lee was right and we Lynched someone just to have an attempt at it.

Vote Harroguk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 am 
Donor

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
The advantage of taking more time is that without us helping them the wolves can only reduce the count by one every full day-night cycle, giving us more time to let the special characters do their thing, especially the seer (having done a bit of reading there's loads more possible ones but the seer is pretty important).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 am 
Donor

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
Oh, and I know Julia is undecided but I don't know how she plays games so can't factor the character into the decision. I'd be amazed if I've called Lee wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 am 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Quick maths, with 10 players.

Assuming the villagers do nothing but talk (and engineer a draw every day around the wolves who will be trying to make us kill each other) the wolves win on day 6

Assuming the villagers hang one person per day (getting it wrong every time) wolves would win in day 4.

Personally I think the attempting to engineer a draw puts too much power in the wolves hands, it would be very easy for them to manipulate this into killing villagers.

However, if the general feeling is that people want to draw the first round I can go with that, like you said it potentially gives the special characters longer to use their abilities however I am not convinced that by the time they have the information there will be enough of us left trusting each other to do anything with it.

I have deliberately left off voting after walking into many blind votes based on little more than hunches last time.

Not accusing you here TalonBay but you were VERY quick to go from let's not hang any one on day 1 to "Hang Lee, He's obviously the wolf" based on one post where I disagreed with you and put forward a different view point. I thought the point was for us to discuss, debate and then vote, not wildly point fingers at the people who disagree with us?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 am 
Yeah look where that got us last time :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 am 
Donor

Talonbay, very quick to point the finger!

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:31 am 
TalonBay wrote:
Oh, and I know Julia is undecided but I don't know how she plays games so can't factor the character into the decision. I'd be amazed if I've called Lee wrong.

I am undecided because I am looking at both sides of the argument but am unable to work out it my brain which one is more valid:
Obviously not killing innocent villagers is a good idea, but at the same time there's 8 of us vs 2 of them so we have a 2/10 chance of hanging a wolf if we just guess randomly, so we need to be more careful

Argh decisions

However I am concerned about the rush to judgement from both paulus.h and Talonbay at this time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:36 am 
Jack wrote:
Talonbay, very quick to point the finger!

Classic jack haha

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 23   [ 331 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next