Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alpha quadrant VIII. Campaign build up.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 am 
The chamber was bathed in a sickly emerald glow. The light came from channels and conduit lines describing esoteric runes and sigils from an elder age. The Architect walked across the room to his lord, crushing metallic scarabs under his feet that did not have the self preservation to move out of his path.

"Lord Khepri. It is as you predicted, sensors show that xenos filth have invaded the tomb world. Numbers as of yet can not be ascertained but there appears to be many factions that have many land fall. The Necrontyr of this tomb world have yet to awakened. I believe that the Reanimation Protocols have become corrupt and a manual restart has become necessary"

Khepri the Scarab Lord sat listening to the Architect while scarabs moved over his mechaorganic body, making minor repairs to his limbs and re-energising his weapon systems. The emerald bale fires of his ever gazing eyes flared as the Architect finished his report.

"Then I will retake this world. Send forces to the surface. I want those of the tomb world awakened and reprogrammed. Go Cryptek, see to it."

The Architect bowed as he moved from the room, in the darkness scarabs and tomb spyders brought life back to long forgotten automations.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 pm 
Donor

Rune Priest Hjorvath Bloodcrow stood upon the surface of the Scrapyard and looked towards the distant mountains, as he watched the horizon darkened and a boiling wave of enemies surged over like a living tide engulfing everything in their path moving at impossible speed towards him. His enhanced vision could make out howling orcs, the corrupted forms of marines from the traitor legions & something else a dark forms that looked like marines but whose forms were shadowed and in perpetual darkness as if hidden from his view. The tide of darkness raced onwards towards him and Hjorvath prepared himself reaching into the warp to guide & shape its energies to his will whilst shouting orders to his Grey Hunters and Long Fangs. Just as the two forces were about to join a deathly silence fell across the battlefield all the combatants stood stock still and 10,000’s of eyes turned in Hjorvath’s direction. With a sickening sense of realisation he realised they were not looking at him but behind him, snarling with rage Hjorvath whirled round to face whatever monstrosity had given the battlefield pause. What he saw when he turned caused the curse upon his lips to die before being issued, stood before him was a shadow wreathed form of a two headed wolf towering a mile high. Morkai, the guardian of the underworld had come to witness this war and assess the worthy. With an unearthly and ear shattering howl it surged forward engulfing all before it, with a grin and a jubilant roar Hjorvath turned and charged into the masses of enemies striking all asunder even as the darkness consumed him.
Slowly his vision returned and the inside of a thunderhawk gunship faded into view, Bjorn Icehewn one of his wolf guard looked at him with a look of concern from the seat he was strapped into for re-entry.
“My Lord, are you alright?” he asked.
Hjorvath nodded and smiled exposing his elongated canines.
“Know this Bjorn, a multitude of enemies have come to this place and are under the mistaken belief they can deny the Emperor and Russ’s judgement. The God’s themselves watching and are awaiting our response and by Russ we will not disappoint them!!”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
The astropath backed hastily away as he handed the Interrogator Chaplian the message from Turmiel mumbling something about technology beyond his understanding.

+++++ Transmission Librarian Turmiel to Absolution - Designation Strike cruiser +++++

MESSAGE MISSING Mine Consisting extreemly heavy metal deposits MESSAGE MISSING Hyroglyhs and more importantly MESSAGE MISSING. Fortified position MESSAGE MISSING Small civilian population in the area we made landing resulting in poor Logistics, unable to scout far and wide MESSAGE MISSING heavily surrounded by many xenos. reported sightings of chaos power armoured troops and Orcs. Possible sightings of RoboMESSAGE MISSING. And a well negotiated MESSAGE MISSINGanders.

+++++ Transmission ends +++++

Hold fast Brother Librarian, the full force of the Dark Angels were coming, and they would be there in 4 days! Whatever was jamming our communications would be purged from the system.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 8th day of the calender month.

"Az we wait for Lil' ippy to speek to uz, hearz a song to keep da boyz entertain'd; 'It's Raining Spores' by the Genestealer Kult Krew, a covva ov a traditional popula folk song ritten by da Weffagurls from yearz gon bye. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 am 
Vocal Minority

The dreamily excruciating pain as the bodyglove of armour is pulled into place.
The cilices stretched underneath bring us closer to the edge of ecstatic oblivion but not quite.
The apprehension is building. The long centuries blur together. This is the meaning of life – on the precipice as we once more enter realspace.
We leave the Webway knowing that there is a slim chance that this will be the final dance.
Those crude weapons of lesser races will be trained on us, grabbing and trying to clumsily punch through our purposely thin armour.
It only heightens our senses knowing we give the cattle a chance.
This is the risk, the element of danger which will make our ballet of destruction euphoric.
Our exquisite hand crafted and delicate blades will blissfully carve into the soft flesh presented for slaughter all the while our performance will be graceful and elegant as we glide through the malodorous herd.
No crude butchering for us just the artistic adjustment of body parts leaving stylized cadavers.
The journey back through the Warp Paths is where release will happen as we review the orchestra of suffering captured on the mnemonic scopes.
The images and sounds of the tortured souls mixed together in a cacophony of bliss bring a small respite to the boredom whilst we begin planning our next feat of brilliance.

Ode To Pain by Lord Archon Malaqhizt'er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am 
Vocal Minority

And so after all these millennia we muster here. Once more to carry the truth! Luthers truth! That the Lion stood by whilst the galaxy burned, that we were all foresaken.
My name is Methandes Holt and I was once Master of the 81st Dark Angels company, Now..........
well now I am.........
But a shadow in the night, a secret........
Known only by those who escaped our Primarch's rage.

Where once we stood for all that was just and true, now we stand against our kin, our unenlightened brothers and the coming darkness.......

Lord Cypher and Apothecary Haan have found their way back to us with a plan to rebuild the 81st and take back our rightfull place!
So here we make our stand! If it is to be our last then so be it! If not then we shall rise from the shadows and take back what is rightfully ours!
For now we must bait the hook and bide our time, by the time our brothers realise their error it will be too late.......
And we shall have all we need......
My Lord Luther the Brotherhood is coming...........

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 13th day of the calender month.

"...and you're bak wiv uz on da Klassic Koverz hour. Weev just 'eard 'Changez' by da Tzeentchian Tormentaz and before dat woz 'Wot's new Necrontyr?' by da Shiney, Shiney Boyz. Da plan woz to 'ave Lil' ippy talk to uz today, but rumaz are dat da boyz are movin in on da mine tonite. Snotslinga 'imself iz leading da attak on da norf'en most mine, akkompaneed by 'iz Deff Dread 'Thunda' and a small selektion of Killa Kanz. We wish you well Snotty, hearz 'oping you kan quiet doze Poshboy Lovaz wiv a massiv victory. We'll leave you wiv this song, 'Who wantz to live foreva' by da pointee-ear'dz favourite pop group; Total Arroganz. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
The mines located in the Northern sector weren't empty. When the Orks claimed the mine, had the Red Corsairs allowed it to be taken and tactically retreated due to some hidden reason? There was something sinister buried deep beneath the surface. The Orks weren't to know what laid dormant for millions of years, waiting for the moment to announce their reintroduction to the world. The battle was swift. The Orks were caught off guard and wiped out completely. The radio waves would now be free from the Ork propaganda. The question will forever remain; had the radio messages sent out by the enthusiastic Ork DJ helped re-awaken the Thokt Dynasty and Overlord AngLee's minions?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm 
Motor Mouth

Dungeonbowl Champion (1)
Changed Race yet again?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:47 pm 
Vocal Minority

Again???? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Yes, he has had to withdraw all orcs and start from starships.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Harroguk wrote:
Changed Race yet again?

This is campaign build up not chit chat, ;) take your observerations to alpha quadrant discussions cheers.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 pm 
Architect entered his high Overlords chamber with purpose and waited for Overlord Khepri to acknowledge his presence. Bowing he spoke "Lord Khepri, as you requested Lord Anubek has been revived. He and his forces are ready to start the ground assault".

Architect was cut short from giving his report as a console lit up near him, emerald incography flashing before him. "My lord, the ship has brought to my attention that we seem to be picking up another Necrontyr signal. Checking archives now.. displaying the information for you now my lord".

Khepri looked over the glowing information that hovered in his view for a few moments "Architect, send an envoy to this Overlord AngLee of the Thokt Dynasty. The lesser races here have no idea what they have stumbled upon and I wish to keep it that way. I see no reason why we can't show their forces an united annihilation for our two forces. we can then divide the artefacts hidden within this planet at a later stage. Go Architect, see that my will be done"

The Architect bowed as he backed out of the chamber "As you command my Lord, so shall it be"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:17 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

"I detest these honourless xenos, all squads stand ready and prepare to close the dragon's jaws!".

- Ymir Ver'dan.

With communications still sporadic with our Dark Angel brothers, the XVIII will proceed to cleanse the Dark Eldar from the surrounding territories without their aid if neccessary. Attack is imminent (Tuesday), and with cleansing flame we will destroy the depraved aliens. For Vulkan and Nocturne.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Our attack was swift and decisive, with not one of the accursed Dark Eldar escaping . Our retribution for their foul depravity's was complete and absolute, yet, it was still a surprise as to the lack of resistance we encountered. It was almost as if they had another agenda which distracted them so, allowing to us to take them so unawares. The more time I spend on this planet the more I am convinced other forces not yet seen exist here. What horrors may lurk in the forests, ruins, even the very shadows themselves? Even I imagine faces in the dark recesses of some burnt out structure, just on the peripheral of my vision, watching, studying, waiting.

Good communication's are now established with the Space Wolves although they are still to far away at present, but sadly, the first legion still maintains a strong silence. With a need to strengthen our position I have requested a squad of our mighty Firedrakes of the 1st Company to make immediate planetfall. With these mighty warriors we will eradicate the Dusk Wraiths from The Scrapyard for good.

- Captain Ymir Ver'dan, Salamanders 2nd Company, Campaign Journal Entry 0002/M41.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next