Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Alpha quadrant VIII. Campaign build up.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Feel free to add you own chapter or race history or stories. Create a story behind your commander or squads

Alpha Quadrant VII is a recently discovered star system in sector 32 of the Imperial space charts. Imperial forces were drawn to the system by a beacon from Librarian Tephros of the Dark Angels 6th Reserve Company (betterthandead) previously thought lost. After scanning the whole system it became apparent to the Imperium that the orbiting planets contained massive deposits of the ore Lytron. Lytron can be used to create highly rare metals previously only harnessed by the Necron and Eldar civilisations. Imperial forces made landfall on the systems 3rd planet due to its similar atmospheric properties mirroring that of earth. Their mission to protect the workforces as mines were set up and the ore can be harvested as quickly as possible, knowing full well that attacks will come and when they do they will be relentless and many.

BlackPowder - French

Post subject: Re: Alpha quadrant VIII. Campaign build up.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:16 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Balthasar's 5th of the Dark angels chapter (Sparky dave) and a Grey Knights (random Vortex) strike force returning from the purging of Seculon 6 have landed to aid Librarian Tephros of the Dark Angels in defence of the planet the troops have nicknamed The Scrapyard.
2nd Company of the Salamanders Chapter (Gazza) have been alerted by the Emperor to be ready for call up if attacks begin.

BlackPowder - French

Last edited by Ragnar The Destroyer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:51 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
Ragnar The Destroyer wrote:
...Grey Knights (random Vortex) strike force

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:07 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
++++ Librarian Tephros.. This is Seargent Barachiel Of the First, We've made landing at your beacon co-ordinates. State your location and condition ++++ End transmission....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 pm 
Vocal Minority

COMMIT TO: IMPERIAL RECORD
EST 08/2709 INQUISITORIA
7419/1028
CROSSFILE TO: LYTRON DEPOSITS / SECTOR XXXII
SUB-SECTOR: ALPHA QUADRANT VIII
INPUT DATE: 6284997M41
INPUT CLEARANCE: INQUISITOR ORSINI
AUTHOR: +++NAME REMOVED+++
TRANSMITTED: +++CLASSIFIED+++
TRANSMITTER: ASTROPATH CLIENS [deceasced]
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To withdraw in disgust is not cowardice

Honoured Sir, as requested I have compiled a report concerning the astropathic beacon that seems to have appeared in Alpha Quadrant VIII of the 32nd Sector. The signal appears to bear the signature of Librarian Tephros of the Dark Angels. It is thought that he was leading a training detachment of the Dark Angels 6th Company on the planet +++[expunged]+++. I have been unable to gain any further information as, as you well know, the Dark Angels are a particularly 'secretive' Chapter at best. My sources indicate though that a small detachment from their 5th Company have been mobilised for an action somewhere in the 32nd Sector. I have been unable to contact my source for further information and assume the worst. I have also sent a copy of this transmission to +++[expunged]+++ of the +++[expunged]+++ Astartes Chapter who have agreed to mobilise a task force. I hope my Lord I have in no way overstepped the authority you have invested in me. As soon as I have more information I will attempt to make contact again.
Your humble servant +++[expunged]+++

END OF TRANSMISSION

++++++++++++++++++

'Shadows danced in the furthest corners of the candle lit vestibule as the door swung shut. A lone figure moved to the centre of the room and stood before an ancient, worn lectern. Slowly running his fingers along the edges of the open book, Tephros let out a small sigh. This task had weighed heavily on his mind for what seemed like an age. Not for the first time he felt old and tired. Tearing his gaze away from the tome he removed a communicator from his robes.
"Is the astropath ready?", he asked. A burst of static leaped from the device. "Good, then it begins."
Tephros leant heavily against the lectern. Suddenly the weight seemed to have lifted.'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:34 pm 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Scrapyard.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

League Champion (1)
Brother chaplain Seraphicus sat still as the walls within his chamber aboard the Strike cruiser Absolution. Balthasar had asked Turmiel the dour Librarian to Race ahead and make landing on the scrapyard and fortify their defences, Seraphicus had contemplated voulenteering himself aboard the thunderhawk, it would be long days before the strike cruiser would arrive and Balthasar would bring the full weight of the 5th to bear on the unknown enemies of the Alpha quadrant.

Seraphicus needed to get a full report from Tephros, The inner circle wanted answers and they wanted them now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 21st day of the calendar month. This was heard across all channels. Whether it was intended for all within broadcast range to hear is debatable.

"Poshboy fort he waz grate. 'Is plan to bild a big space gun waz a good un but dooom'd. 'E lost da rezpek of da boyz by not bringin 'nuff big stuvv. Goretoof fanceed 'is chanze at takin ova. Nun ov dem saw Snotslinga crankin up 'is big gun in da corna as dey fort. 'E took da chanze and kill'd em both, dakka dakka stiil-ee. Now 'e runz uz. 'Ez promize'd big fitez on da planet Alfa Kwadrant Ate, but 'ez bringin plentee ov da big stuuv. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Snotslinga Da Madd woz 'appee wit da way fings were goin'. Da boyz 'ad loaded up da massiv dakka dakka w'dee for da planet landin. 'E had promoted ez bruvva to sekond in kommand. 'E woz anuffa Big Mek, but 'e lik'd to protek da boyz wiv iz big force field rarva dan shoot 'umees wiv big gunz. At leest 'e woodn't try to kill Snotslinga becuz 'e woz a 'ippy Ork. Da Madd one hoped to teech iz bruvva to learn to love shootin 'umees or monstaz in time. Da minez were da target. Dey wood maak shiney ammo for da gunz wiv wat dey found. Waaagh!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 30th day of the calendar month. This was heard across all channels. Whether it was intended for all within broadcast range to hear is still debatable.

"Snotslinga haz lost da plot. Since he took charge 'ez gone all paranoid. 'E kall'd a meetin in da main room wiv all 'is Nobz. Lil 'ippy came into da room and gazzed em all to deff. Da Madd one and Lil 'ippy all'weddy had gazmakz on. Snotslinga killed ov all 'iz lootenantz, sum ov oo were sad to see Poshboy and Goretoof taken out, but sum were rite be'ind 'im and 'iz planz. Al'fo it did show Lil 'ippy 'az da taste for bludshed wen requir'd.

Dis plan may come bak to haunt 'im wen da fightin' startz on da planet. Wiv no leadership 'elp wen da goin getz tuff, 'ez gotta 'ope dat da Boyz remain dizaplin'd durin battle. Rumaz dat dey ar praktizin' shootin' strate will 'av to be confirm'd. If 'ez relyin on em bein able to 'it anyfing ez havin a giraffe. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 1st day of the new year. This was again heard across all channels. Popular opinion is that the Ork transmitting these broadcasts wants to be heard by as large an audience as possible.

"Snotslinga haz rebrand'd 'is armee az Da Dakkanauts for da new year. 'Ez even tryin to get da boyz to kall 'im Da Cheev Dakkanaut. Az I sit heer talkin 'bout it, I kan't elp but fink dat 'e shud spend moar time on 'is battle planz and lezz time on 'iz publik image. Still da boyz are gittin redee for da fightin and seem keen to follow 'im to battle. 'Iz big shokk attack gun may be watz pushin em to follow ordaz. Op'falee we'll git to see em fightin soona ravva den lata. Waaagh!

Lazt'lee we'll rememba Shamen Bob who iz no longa wiv uz. In moar of Snotslingaz paranoiya, 'e bet poor old Robert dat e koodn't blow off iz own 'ead wivoot yuzin a gun. 'E sukzeed'd and now az join'd Gork and Mork in da eternal reztin sky. Rezt in peez you grate big old Warp'ead. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:19 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 3rd day of the calender month. This was deliberately heard across all channels, due to the unexpected agreement to an interview by Snotslinga Da Madd.

"We're sat 'ere in da prezentz of Da Grate Snotslinga Da Madd, Da Cheev Dakkanaut, who 'az given uz a propa interview in da build up to da big rumble on Alfa Q'adrant Ate. 'E 'az been most grachaz in agreein to allow our liztenerz just a little insite into 'iz grate mind at dis time. Cheev Dakkanaut, pleeze tell your avid list'nerz wat you want to tell dem. Waaagh!"

"Da Cheev Dakkanaut 'az conqer'd da meenest and tuffest Orks dat wer 'ere. Now dat da reel fightin iz cloze, I'm redee to conqer da uvva racez. I've 'eard of pointee eer'd umeez landin' az far away az pozzible from Da Dakkanauts. I've 'eard of grately armour'd umeez kover'd in flyz makin dare way t'wardz Da Dakkanauts. I've 'eard of similarlee armour'd umeez wivoot da flyz stayin az far away from Da Dakkanauts az dey kan. Beware all yoo umeez, yore blud will be spill'd acrozz dis planet in 'onour of Gork and Mork. Me and me lil'bruvva will spare no one. Don't bovva to try and giv'up. It won't saav yoo. Da seegullz will be feeztin on ya bonez sooon. Waaagh!"

"Wiv dat 'ez gone. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:51 pm 
Blood Bowl Bounties Coordinator

Even as I write all measures are being taken to further strengthen our defences in and around the mine, every able-bodied man and woman under no illusion of what is expected of them. Normally such desperate action would be avoided at all costs, these people are miners not warriors, but sadly our situation calls for such avenues to be undertaken as we wait for further reinforcements to arrive. Communications with the Dark Angels are sporadic at best as is there reluctance to commit a small part of there considerably larger force to aid us. I find the long periods of silence from them puzzling as surely the top priority is to hold the mines. The Sons of Russ are to distant at present as are the forces of the Inquisition but all effort will be made to connect with them at some point once the threat of the 'Dusk Wraiths' has been neutralized. Squads Cev'ert and Battacus stand ready, all we can do now is wait for the inevitable attack.

Vulkan Protect's

- Captain Ymir Ver'dan, Salamander's 2nd Company, Campaign Journal Entry 0001/M41

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:06 pm 
Motor Mouth

KO Cup (1)
Exert taken from the popular Ork radio show 'Da Klan Kronikelz', as broadcast on the 6th day of the calender month.

"Konstruktion of numeruz Kanz haz been sped up ready for da forthkomin battlez. Da Meks 'av bin krankin out deez metal monstas to appeez Da Cheev, they don't want to upset 'im and be gazz'd like Da Nobz. Snotslinga haz bin lozin faif in da akurasee of da shootin, and 'az realiz'd dat Grotz r da best shotz. Loadin' Grotz up in Kanz to be da first wave on da battlefeeld lookz like geniuz. Waaagh!

In uvva newz, we may 'av an interview wiv lil 'ippy soon. 'E will 'opefullee be moar willing to chat den Snotslinga woz. Waaagh!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 pm 
This system will be a necessity for the deluded as they will not be able to resist the call of something they believe they lay claim to. It will be responsible for supplying half the sector's Lytron and other desirable minerals for the next millennium. It is not acceptable for the Mon-keigh to possess these minerals and for us not to interject would be a severe miscalculation.

Xelkireth Bhariss - Kabal of the Venomed Scars

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next