Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Campaign Availability
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 pm 
As I'm sure many of you have noticed we have had a few players drop out of the campaign and I know it seems to be a struggle to some times find players to fight against. I understand that people have outside lives and other gaming commitments so I think that it would be a good idea to add a thread here about our general availabilities, army size, equipment, status etc.

Post subject: Re: Campaign Availability
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:45 pm 
Player - Mick.

Army - Necrons.

Campaign Status - Active and willing/looking for games.

Size - Necron 3000+ pts, Dark Eldar 1500pts, Chaos Space Marines 1000pts, Chaos Daemons 2000pts.

40k Experience - I've played lots of 5th edition and about 7 games of 6th edition including 2 campaign matches.

General Availability - I am free most days/times.
- I am not free sundays as I game with a regular roleplaying group on this day.
- I am more than welcome to host a game at my place in Daventry as I can get the gaming board up in my SPAM LINK.
- I am willing to bring board etc along to the Wednesday gaming club as long as I can arrange lifts.
- I don't have my own transport.

Equipment - 40k Gaming Board (done in an artic theme).
- 10x Craters.
- Argus Defence Line + comm station, guns etc.
- 3x Imperial Bastions, 1 is made up and the other 2 can be used as Bastions, Bunkers or even a double Bastion.
- Imperial Sector.
- Skylanding pad.
- Customised Skylanding pad.
- 5x Plastic Crystal Formations.
- Imperial Statue.
- 2x Mini woods (trees).
- Assorted fences, Ammo Crates, Fuel Drums etc.

Last edited by KendallGolem on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm 
Player - Thomas

Army - Imperial Guard

Campaign Status - Active and willing/looking for games.

Size - 1500 points max

40k Experience - Only played 6th Ed once. Much of my time was back at 4th lots of love

General Availability - I am free most days/times.
- I am not free sundays as I game with a regular roleplaying group on this day.

Equipment
A couple of pieces of terrian. Guess i've been use to games workshop or clubs having this part :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 am 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Great idea, be aware thet the campaign cap is at 1000pts at this time.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am 
Vocal Minority

Player- paulus

Army- Fallen Dark Angels (loyalist pre heresy colours)

Status- active and seeking campaign and friendly games

Size- upto 2000-2500 points(using allies)

Experience- 1 game since 2nd edition

Availability- mondays/wednesdays and most evenings(not fridays) have transport but cant host due to young kids/dog.

Equipment- almost finished my mine complex. Gonna make some laser cut bunkers soon too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:49 am 
Come on people. I am disappointed that only 2 other players have posted details here as I have seen many of the other players active on the forums. Please take the time to post your details here so we can get a good idea of those that wish to be active in this campaign.

I for one would like to be able to play a couple of campaign games a month.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:53 am 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
Player - Sparkydave

Army - Dark Angels

Size - 5000+

Experience - 4th +5th, quite high, 1 game 6th and been a good while since i played 5th.

Availability - Ahh the snag, I signed up for a relaxed no pressure campaign with no window for playing. My commitment to the BB league and my family comes first. the latter usually restricting me to 1 evening a week, the former taking up that commitment at this time until i am knocked out of the cup. Maybe not what you wanted to here... but there it is. I can travel as required. Weekends are usually not good for me

Equipment - 8ft x 4th gaming table with an old nercomunda set for scenery, not pretty but functional... something else that never seems to get done :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:36 pm 
Vocal Minority

Must admit i was looking forward to getting a few more games In but bb commitments mean it is hard for some players to make time. Would be happy to get some non campaign friendly games going to get some practice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:46 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
Player - Mattwhile

Army - Currently 1000 points of Orks and 1000 points Necrons (but I'm going to sell these armies to buy some Space Wolves - blame Random talking about the lone Wolf dude running around :lots of love: .)

Experience - Mainly 3rd with a bit of 4th

Availability - Hopefully once I get my army choice sorted I'll be up for plenty more games

Equipment - Some dice and a tape measure

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm 
Ok, I understand that some people have commitments like family, work, bloodbowl and are only really intrested in the odd game here or there. But as can be seen there are a few of us that wish to play more often.

I myself have no intrest in bloodbowl but instead really enjoy 40k. I would like to be able to have one or two campaign games a month to be honest.

So with that in mind can I ask if it is possable and would anyone object to either starting another campaign for those that want to play more and maybe getting additional players so we have 2 running.

Or

Would we be able to re-diviy up the campaign map so we are all in better positions and there for can play more campaign games with those of us that wish to be more active?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 3
League Champion (3)
The fact the campaign start slipped near enough into BB season was a bit of a killer for me, as I game Monday's, have a ton of work to do most nights and only tend to travel to Dav once per fortnight as it's a hefty trip. I'll try to fit in more games when it gets quieter nearer the summer but I don't anticipate ever getting a massive amount done. I do feel very bad as Rayner put some great work into setting it up, but there's only so much time, and originally the time scales were all rather loose. Very keen vs time limited is always a campaign issue. I don't mind re: solutions, I'm not in it to win it, it was just to have a few learning games.
On the scenery and scheduling front, the Leamington club I play at on Mondays has copious number of boards and terrain - this is unlikely to be a solution unless you live in this neck of the woods, but thought I'd put it out there in case it proves useful to anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm 
Repopulating the map would be the thing to do and id rather be playing as many games as possible.

Agreed the club doesnt have much terrian but hopefully we can do something about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 am 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
tbh if you guys want to sort a campaign thats better thats fine with me, I have better things to do than work out rules to make it interesting ( I have more than work, family, bloodbowl on my plate but still get it done) and then nothing happens due to players which causes moaning from other players. I only started doing it because i was asked and tried to make it as flexibly for people as possible due to the bloodbowl league. A 40k campaign dealing with this many players was always going to run into the bloodbowl league once if not twice before it ended. The idea was to start small and build as most starting players didn't know how to play, I've started increasing the campaign even though some players havn't played a game. Players have also been playing outside of my maximum army size which i recommended not to in order to build the campaign in turn.

I personally don't rate any edition after 2nd ed (even that would be poor in this enviroment) and map campaigns are very boring, but it realisticly was the only way to handle so many players and allow the freedom needed, thats what was asked for the the initial players. It was always going to grind to a halt fast due to lack of commitment, patience, attention span.

Terrain etc was discussed and I refused to supply and make terrain for the club for a few reasons, I have a 9ft by 4ft board with stacks of terrain, I have offered people the use of it if they wish. I am not supplying and maintaining the clubs scenery because each player can't be bothered to make a few rocks and trees for thier army, I do see their point however when terrain is basicly useless in game. Not to mention it wouldn't be looked after and would just cost me time and money.

Personally the only people I think want to play alot is Thomasharris56 and kendellgolum. so Thomasharris56 attacks Kendellgolum and play each other every week. Then wait for other players to be avalible sorted!

With the few drop outs I've had I have tried to maximise the possible match ups as people playing has become a problem.

I will say Kendellgolums method of attacking is the most sensible, message everyone and wait for a player to be avalible then list the attack.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:40 am 
Please excuse my writing and the structure of my post, I have Aspergers Syndrome and I struggle to use appropriate grammer/spelling etc when I right. So if I come across as insulting etc I really don't mean to.

I like the work you have put into the campaign with the rules we have so far. I really like 6th edition as it makes alot more sense than 4th and 5th.

As for setting up a campaign, as I pointed out I like the rules and changes that you are slowly bringing in and I think with more active players it could be a very fun and enjoyable campaign. I myself can come up with ideas, plans, tactics, solutions etc but I'm really not good with admin or even have the knowledge of how to set things up like you have eg, The map with Icons.

The main point of this thread when I began it wasn't to start any in-fighting or cause tension between members but was to see which players wanted to be more active, find out the equipment people had at hand, to see when people were available for matches, transport etc. I thought that this way if someone had transport and a free day they could look at the thread to see which players were more then likely to be free so they could contact them to arrange a match outside of a Wednesday gaming night

Myself and Thomasharris56 have been playing games outside of the campaign. In campaign the one area he has is nowhere near my own, and I don't benefit from attacking him currently. If he had areas or resources I was interested in then I would attack away.

Thats why I thought that if players agreed to a reshuffle or a re-start in effect on the map the players would be in better positions to attack those that wished to play more and could leave those that only wanted to play the odd game once every few months on the other side. With team changes, 2 players pulling out, the more active players are surrounded by players that are less active and like myself I now find myself attempting to attack and claim resources that are held by less active players.

I completely understand that people like playing things for fun and not competition but in that case wouldn't it be easier to just arrange a friendly game every once in awhile. The fact that it is a campaign with rules etc leads me to believe that one day there will be a winner so I strive to win.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:04 pm 
Vocal Minority

I have an idea, shoot it down if you want but: maybe once a month we could have an invasion attack where you can attack any hex on the map from your orbiting ships at 3/4 the points of the defender. Hence players could play games against people their not adjacent to but would be at a dissadvantage doing so. This means players who want lots of games get more options of who to play. Personally im interested in more games, i think rayners put a lot of work into this and im happy to play it out however long it takes.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next