Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]

Keeping existing map and rules, shall we re-divide the map up?
Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:42 pm
Positive - Allow players to divide map up again. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Negative- Keep areas under current players control. 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Neutral - No opinion, not bothered either way. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Campagin Repositioning
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm 
Hi all, i've mentioned this in conversation before and had a few comments but nothing definate. So I thought I would open a poll on it. As we have had players drop out and many of those holding the areas can't often play due to life and BB.

So, I would like players and gm to vote to see if we can have a restart to reselect map areas for existing players and maybe new players too. I like the existing map, rules etc. Please take a few minutes to answer this poll. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Campagin Repositioning
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm 
Donor

Sorry to but in dude, but I think the idea of the campaign was that it would be taken casually as the majority of the players are committed to other leagues too

Black Powder: AWI Redcoats
Guildball: Fishermen
Saga: Vikings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm 
Think the idea is if you going to be part of something actually try and be part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:26 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
I see all the points here are relivant but in turn players have left with supposed excusses then moved on to a new game or have left this game open yet are playing other games yet claim they don't have time to play the battles, when really you do you just either don't want to or want to spend the time on the other new game (I'm not even including blood bowl in this). As for casual play, it has been set up and over 4 months a handful of games have been played across 15 or so players, it is prity pathetic more so than casual. But I expected it to happen to be honest.

BlackPowder - French

Last edited by Ragnar The Destroyer on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:39 pm 
I agree with tom, teams are awarded construction pts at the start of each month to build things and more rewards are comin in future months i believe, so players that don't bother gaming that have lots of areas are gettin benefits for doing nothin and arn't even defending their areas for it. So how's that fair that most players are massively limited to hardly being able to play campagin games, yes oI can play friendly games yet that doesn't help me in a campagin. Something I enjoy and want to try to win at a future point.

When I first started the campaign I attacked an area that was already being attacked, we decided that I would fight the victor. That was January 7th I believe and am still waiting. I'm tryin to attack a mine and I understand that people are busy with multiple reasons yet I still haven't got a date to resolve that. If I lost the match fair enough, I would attack it again. Yet it seems I have to wait months inbetween matchs.

I really enjoy 40k so when ragner set this up I jumped at the chance to be part of it and also to meet players that enjoy it just as much as I do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm 
I'm thinking that some of us would like more activity while other people have other commitments. So I think its worth trying a few rule changes that encourage more games but don't necessarily force it.

So a requirement to play a game in a certain amount of time. But not to harsh... A game every 2 months might fit requirements.

Construction points. I agree with kendal. I don't like people benefitting from owning sectors but not playing to defend them. So still give points for sectors held but give bonus for gsnes played. Extra for winning.

Also if you're involved in the campaign with other commitments please do stay involved but its not hard to post, let us know what's going on or if you're playing BB or if you can't always make the club. Also feel free to post some background stuff and general fluff. Even if you can only manage the odd game you can still add some life and energy into the campaign.

Who knows you might find you want to play more :)

Hope this helps. . Any thoughts from anyone else?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 pm 
Oh I did that all on my phone so please forgive bad spelling and grammars!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
You gain more from playing games than sitting on zones with construction points. I can't add rules while there are so many players sitting as the chances are that they will either gain or just sit more. I have no inertest in restarting the campaign its become a compleat nuisance for me so i'm considering stopping it all together. The original idea was to leave playing as loose as possible to people could have lots of flexiblity, as has been pointed out what gamers want and what gamers need are to different things.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:40 am 
Chatty

I'm not actually sure who is playing still?

and i think an issue is, some people struggle to travel to play games, I'm more than happy to play (im actually waiting for a day i can play paulus, which is taking a while, my fault unfortunately)

Who is able to travel to play?

Empire - WFB 8th

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am 
Im always up for a game!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]