Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Hereticus heretic. Or... A Thorne between two roseries!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 pm 
Vocal Minority

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++ Inquisitorial Report 1604/B - 'Damius Thorne' +++

Commit to: Imperial Record GDA 35/2810 Transmitted: Thracian Primas (Helican Subsector, Segmentum Obscurus)
Cossfile to: Helican Uprising (241.M41 - present)
Input Date: 0411908.M41
Input Clearance: Holy Inquisitor [deleted]
Author: Interrogator Cornelius Chide, Ordos Sicarius

It is with great regret that I have to report we have lost contact with Inquisitor [deleted] and his retinue whilst in pursuit of the vile traitor Thorne. Contact was lost during a sanctioned assault and capture mission on the surface of Respa III. A force consisting of Inquisitor [deleted], his entourage, two of our Ordos [deleted] Assassins and two squads of Militarum Tempestus landed with the intention of either capture or annihilation of Thorne and his followers. Despite initial success in tracing the traitors whereabouts the team were unable to find any trace of Thorne. After a number of weeks spent planet-side, withdrawal orders were filed. Both squads of Tempestus along with the majority of [deleted]'s retinue returned to orbit to inform me that despite orders to the contrary [deleted] had remained on the planet to continue further investigation. I am afraid that both [deleted] and [deleted] also remained behind. After hearing nothing for three weeks I accompanied both Tempestus squads in returning to Respa III. Despite my best efforts I have been unable to ascertain the whereabouts of either Thorne, what remains of his 'cabal' of followers or any of the missing strike-force. I am therefore requesting permission to abandon the operation and return to [deleted] in order to rejoin you and report fully on this matter in person.

Your Obd't servant,

Interrogator Chide

Thought for the day: Deeds not words

As mentioned on the 'Kill Team' thread I've been playing around with the idea of putting together a small warband for use in 28mm games of Inquisitor, the much maligned, pretty much forgotten GW game. After digging about in the Dark Vengeance box and slopping some glue on some sprue I came up with this chap...

Damius Thorne. Renegade Inquisitor, former Malleus Maleficarum, devout Recongregator and champion of the Istvaanian philosophy. Know throughout the Helican Subsector for acts of subversion within the Imperial system as well as deliberate acts of sabotage with the intent to de-stabilise planetary govenments... And yes, I know, it's basically the Cult Leader from the starter box with a Chain Sword. And, to be honest, he only has the Chain Sword 'cos the original had broken off in the box! :oops: :lots of love:

Well I liked him. So I made him some friends. First up two, so far nameless henchmen.

In 'Inquisitor' terms they'll probably be 'cultists' as they tend to be more poorly equipped. The autogun should give me some long range firepower, whilst the heavy flamer will... Well, it'll do what heavy flamers do best! :lots of love:

These two...

... Are a traitor (or at least somewhat misled) Veteran Guardsman and an arco-flagellant. Being a former member of the Ordo Hereticus Thorne had often called apon the Ordo's genetically altered penitent sinners and enjoyed the effect they had on the battlefield. Since relations with 'Head Office' are now fairly frosty to say the least he has resorted to building his own. The poor chap on the right was originally a lowly priest when Thorne entered his monastery on Hubris and 'converted' everyone. This poor chaps fate (due mainly to his reluctance to renounce the Emperor) was for Thorne to hand him over to a local neuro-surgeon for adjustment. Now full of chemical injectors and neurological implants, Thaddeus 342 is a ticking timebomb of pent up aggression and Combat Stimms!

And last up is this chap on the right.

De Benedictus was originally meant to suffer the same fate as fellow priest Thaddeus, but just before he was sent for surgery it was discovered he was a pariah, a psychic blank. Now Thorne uses him as a sort of psychic shield, allowing him to go about his nefarious business without being seen by the Inquisitions powerful psykers.

There'll be more to follow. In the near future at least a small squad of renegade Tempestus (love the new boxed set!) and possibly a small squad of Guardsmen. This will give me a choice of characters when playing Inquisitor and may also make an appearance in Kill Team! :wink: :lots of love:

Last edited by betterZthenDeaD on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hereticus heretic. Or... A Thorne between two roseries!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm 
Donor

Bravo!! Outstanding stuff! Once I've finished my Kill-team I'll crack on with my Inquistorial war band dispatched to bring the Emperors Mercy to the heretics on show here... via the trusted method of the holy bolter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 pm 
Vocal Minority

Cheers Adam! There's been a slight change in personnel since posting. The Guardsman with the banner has been posted elsewhere (back in the Dark Vengeance box for the time being!). I'm not sure even such a brazen heretic as Thorne would encourage his followers to wander around with large objects on poles! Also Thaddeus has had a slight 're-design'. I wasn't really happy with the look so he has now been upgraded with a Dark Vengeance cultist torso attached to a pair of Space Marine Scout legs. He still has the huge flails though! :wink: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:40 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
Look forward to seeing these develop. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:37 am 
Vocal Minority

Leko licked his dry, cracked lips. The material of his gas mask rubbed and irritated his skin. He was breathing heavily, the slowly misting eye glasses obscuring his vision... But not enough to spare him having to look into those cold, dead eyes.

"Yes?"

The voice sounded harsh and metallic, obscured as it was by an ornate face mask. The cold, dead eyes seemed to peer directly into Leko's soul.

"We have received word from Tempestor Gideon, my Lord. He has the men we requested."

"How long?"

"A day or two... Maybe more." Leko couldn't help flinching slightly. At least his gas mask hid his face. It was always a mistake to show any signs of weakness, no matter how small.

Thorne stood silently for a moment, turned and stalked away. Leko exhaled heavily and his eye glasses misted over completely.

Slight update on a couple of the models shown in the original post. Firstly Leko (the guy on the left) has lost his banner. I'm not sure about Inquisitor henchmen wandering around with large "shoot me" targets... :( :lots of love: To that end he's had it replaced with a plague knife. I thought this kind of fitted with the whole gas mask look.

The second guy is a re-design of my arco-flagellant. I decided that I wanted him to look a bit more 'butch' seeing as he would be relying less on Stimm injections and more on some form of Chaotic psychic control. The legs are from an old Space Marine Scout sprue that I think Tom (cheers dude! :D )donated back when I was playing around with the Dark Angels from the starter set. The pistol holster on his right leg really fits the model 'cos it's empty! :wink: :D

Reinforcements are on their way as we speak... I've ordered some of the new Tempestus Scion models along with some Cadians and the new Ogryn models!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:16 pm 
Motor Mouth

Medals: 1
KO Cup (1)
Liking the updated models. Definite improvements.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:14 am 
Vocal Minority

Cheers Matt! :D

As well as some of the new IG (or whatever GW are calling it now... :? ) models arriving imminently, I was also thinking of adding a couple of vehicles. Not because they're usable at all (in Inquisitor I think they might only appear as scenery and I don't think you can take vehicles in Kill Team) but because I've never got around to actually building any of GW's kits! Does anyone have any advice/recommendations/horror stories at all? I'm initially thinking of a Rhino and a Chimera, the Rhino as Thorne's personal transport and a Chimera for the 'Guard' elements.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:54 am 
Vocal Minority

betterZthenDeaD wrote:
Does anyone have any advice/recommendations/horror stories at all? I'm initially thinking of a Rhino and a Chimera, the Rhino as Thorne's personal transport and a Chimera for the 'Guard' elements.

Get some elastic bands to hold stuff together whilst gluing!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:05 am 
Vocal Minority

TheUrbanSurfer wrote:
betterZthenDeaD wrote:
Does anyone have any advice/recommendations/horror stories at all? I'm initially thinking of a Rhino and a Chimera, the Rhino as Thorne's personal transport and a Chimera for the 'Guard' elements.

Get some elastic bands to hold stuff together whilst gluing!!

Cheers Tom! I'd read that somewhere on 'tinternets... So it must be true! :wink: :lots of love:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:45 pm 
Donor

Awesome man love the changes! Can't wait to see the next bits!!
It's inspired me to crack on with mine so if you will excuse the thread hijack this once (I'll start my own thread when I have more to show) may I present the Emperors rebuttal to your bunch of heretics. Puritan Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus, Heironymous Nagen who's Daemonhammer and bolter have purged 1000 heretics across a hundred stars. Image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 am 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
make sure the tracks are the rightway round. lots of love

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 am 
Vocal Minority

Man alive! That's a BIG hammer :D

Love the mini and don't mind the hijack at all... Glad to be of inspiration!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 am 
Donor

Ragnar The Destroyer wrote:
make sure the tracks are the rightway round. lots of love

Easy mistake to make that, certainly wouldn't judge someone who did that.... Not that I have.... Nope....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:17 am 
Donor

betterZthenDeaD wrote:
Man alive! That's a BIG hammer :D

Love the mini and don't mind the hijack at all... Glad to be of inspiration!

Cheers dude! I'm carving up a few more minis now to justify my own thread! I'll let you get back on with showcasing heretical goodness!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:54 am 
Vocal Minority

Just waiting for the weather to improve slightly and I'll be doing some undercoating! :D

Also waiting for a delivery so I can get on and combine this project with the Kill Team one. Thorne's getting his own boarding party! :twisted:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]