Change font size

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: rules development thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:28 pm 
Chatty

All Imperial Guard have access to Krak Grenades which are Str6 in combat, so a standard unit could still break through a door, Flamers and heavy Flamers can also get through (a heavy Flamer can actually pen a door)

I have the same problem with the inquisition except I cannot take Krak grenades with all my squads, so I had to take a plasma gun to break down doors who subsequently killed himself while using it :/

Do the doors change positions at all? It may be worth having a pre game roll for each door (excluding the important ones) to see if they are open or closed? Say a 50/50 chance

Empire - WFB 8th

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:31 pm 
Vocal Minority

lordgabriel wrote:
All Imperial Guard have access to Krak Grenades which are Str6 in combat, so a standard unit could still break through a door, Flamers and heavy Flamers can also get through (a heavy Flamer can actually pen a door)

I have the same problem with the inquisition except I cannot take Krak grenades with all my squads, so I had to take a plasma gun to break down doors who subsequently killed himself while using it :/

Do the doors change positions at all? It may be worth having a pre game roll for each door (excluding the important ones) to see if they are open or closed? Say a 50/50 chance

Doors have specific locations and will not be changed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:35 pm 
Chatty

sparkydave wrote:
For my part, i definatley need to go back and re read the rule book, i thought i was fairly comfortable until i cound hardly remember anything last night :D

I think you remembered them well enough, nothing drastic forgotten like what does WS mean :P

I keep mistaking rules from 7th as we have just changed our system over

Empire - WFB 8th

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:44 pm 
Noise Maker

Medals: 2
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Hacker skill to hack into the ships computer and open doors.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm 
Vocal Minority

Ragnar The Destroyer wrote:
Hacker skill to hack into the ships computer and open doors.

Could work! Skills is one of the areas that could be expanded/adapted quite easily,

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:39 am 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
Doors a tyranid perspective,

While the following applies to my team. It doubly applies to Aarons who has no ranged means of opening a door. He is 100% tooth and claw. Now you could say he needs to diversify tactically, but it would be a shame to break up such a characterful playstyle.

Aaron approaches the Bridge door, Gary's eldar are sitting quietly inside, the door is shut. It has been a very nice placement for Aaron and he has got to the door unscathed and uncontested, his opponents are scrapping around the med bay.

In order to pry open the Bridge Aaron has to open the door. he has no ranged weaponry. Kill team stealer mush announce all his chargers, so 3 stealers charge just to be sure. Packed behind them is the rest of the team, close enough to be able to launch a devastating charge next turn (if he didn't, the peace meal attack would get destroyed anyways). Charge. bang door is destroyed. YAY.

Aaron cant do anything else his charges are all announced. Turn over.

Gary's turn

Hmmz there seems to 13? tightly packed (or not who really cares) T4 Av5+ guys standing just in front of me..... Pew pew pew pew Boom Boom Pew. Ahh that's better now there is 1 standing 4 face down and 4 face up guys left. Thank you aaron for feeding me your team.

Obviously he can turn off the power, but that does leave him sending guys the wrong way... also the bridge door would still open at the END of his turn.

The same scenario applies to me except I have a small chance of popping the door to ranged, and a lower offensive capability should I get through.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:11 am 
Vocal Minority

Ok this was thought about hence the options for the nids to get a genestealer hybrid or two by doing the sub mission, like az did! Giving him options

So now he can have a hybrid with a boltgun, if he does it again he can upgrade one to a heavy weapon/ranged door opener!

The door is triggered in a few ways if the crew are all dead the alarm goes and the door opens immediately, gary still has to wait till his turn before he can do anything. So send a small pack hunting the crew and keep the horde in range of the doors to jump garys team when the door drops! Gary only gets overwatch shots till his turn(only hits on a 6) so you should be able to swarm in without taking too much damage!

In previous games it happened where one team opens the door and ties up the controlling team whilst another team sat back and took potshots at them both!
Also the secondary missions for the controlling player all force them to leave the bridge!

At the end of the day its been designed as a bit of a tactical puzzle, there are valid tactics for each and every team, it may take a couple of goes to get all the pieces in place but it is do-able!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:16 am 
Blood Bowl Commissioner

Medals: 1
League Champion (1)
I'm not having a pop, just rules testing.

My list was a million miles from min/max. it will be interesting to see how my list evolves.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:25 am 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Does the attack on the door class as close combat? If the door is destroyed then the stealers have won combat and get a follow up move into the room and hth combat. I havn't checked they are the rules but those rules have existed some where along the line.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:29 am 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
Well said paulus. Does that mean i could do a genestealer cult team?

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:01 am 
Donor

Medals: 3
League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
Does the attack on the door class as close combat? If the door is destroyed then the stealers have won combat and get a follow up move into the room and hth combat. I havn't checked they are the rules but those rules have existed some where along the line.

You can't assault the door to the bridge, it only opens under a few conditions related to wiping out the crew or them raising the alarm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:04 am 
Donor

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
Standing just outside the door when it drops isn't always the place to be (as the Lictor found out recently but also as I found out the other game), wait in the wings or let other teams pile in first are both valid alternatives.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:30 am 
Noise Maker

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
TalonBay wrote:
Standing just outside the door when it drops isn't always the place to be (as the Lictor found out recently but also as I found out the other game), wait in the wings or let other teams pile in first are both valid alternatives.

Which tbh makes tactical sense. Although fluff wise nids wouldn't tend to do that
. As for doors a normal man shouldn't be able to break a door down its a metal sealable structure. Try takeing your lounge door out it will take u more than one hit and its a 10th as strong.

BlackPowder - French

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:31 am 
Donor

League Champion (1)
KO Cup (1)
The Man with No Name (1)
Try takeing your lounge door out it will take u more than one hit and its a 10th as strong.

Is that experience talking? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:53 am 
Vocal Minority

Well said paulus. Does that mean i could do a genestealer cult team?

Yes mate all the pdfs are in a link on the first page of this thread. Does that mean your interested? In talks with shadow gamesbabout bringingbit to rugby, looking like either a thursday night or a saturday! Unless of course casa de rayner is finished first!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 52 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next